HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Thread

Closed Thread

Old
05-27-2010, 11:25 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Wasn't surprised about Pato either...Dunga was going to select the players who have played for him during qualifications. If you look at the team he selected, that's exactly what he did.

There were a few curious selections/omissions though...like not sure what Julio Baptista is doing there, he doesn't even start in Roma and is just living off that goal he scored vs Argentina at Copa America in 2007

Kleberson? Josué, Grafite?

I don't know...I guess I understand he's comfortable with those players, but still. If something happens to Kaka injury wise or poor play, he's in big trouble because after Kaka, there's a lack of playmaking in their midfield

Can't wait for World Cup though!
True but Brazil will probably play the long ball to their forwards,I doubt they have trouble scoring goals,can't wait for that game against Portugal,should be a great one

Old
05-27-2010, 11:43 AM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Wasn't surprised Diego didn't make it...doesn't seem to be a Dunga favorite. Also, Diego had a difficult year in Juventus in this his first year in Serie A.

Great player though
juventus team was bad for the most part of the year. Diego included, but it's not like he would of got to play for brazil's team full-time. maybe a bit, but not as a starter for sure. that's why i think he should be on the team because the experience would of been great for him.

He struggled with juventus, but i remember watching him in the under 23's and playing well. he really has been an up and down player, but he's only what 24 or 25? If he can get some consistency in his game he'll become a great mid-fielder. I expect big things from him next year.

hopefully they can get a bit younger.

Old
05-27-2010, 11:58 AM
noiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5on3 View Post
Great point

After 1990, corruption and laziness have run the Algerian Soccer Federation

But for the last 2 years, the Federation, with a new President, has done a wonderful job
A lot of credit to the coach as well, who is the one who qualified us for 82 and 86

The youth Algerian team (10-12 y /o) won the Danone Cup in France 2 years ago, which is the kids World Cup

We also have the Paradou Academy, where kids learn to play soccer barefoot (like they do in Brazil)

So, so far, we are investing and preparing the future

I was hoping to see Canada in South Africa as well, since I live here; but maybe next time

I hope Canada will host the WC someday
Let's hope we can get a nice turf in the 5 July stadium before the next decade...

Old
05-27-2010, 12:01 PM
mvp76

Diego started his Juve playing days with a bang then trailed off as the season wore on..picked up a couple of injuries.. When he was on he played great but that didn't last long, whole team went under

Old
05-27-2010, 12:28 PM
McSorleyStick
El Pistolero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosss View Post
algerians show off way too much...
Maybe not you but 99,9% of the ones I know

EDIT: too much of a cool story bro material

Mannn I wanted to bytsh slap him and make him suffocate under the pool

Get over it...I like algerians but this attitude makes me want to LMAO if you get eliminated by a random team

stay classy lolz
Yeah and Canadians like hockey, drink Maple Syrup all day, are mounted policemen and say Eh!

Not all of them, but 99.9% of them

GTFO, Mr Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiro View Post
Let's hope we can get a nice turf in the 5 July stadium before the next decade...
ROFL, good luck with that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Big Bear View Post
yeah i know ! i don't care French more than you i'm irish But i hust read somewhere that a lot of french born players decided to play for Algeria, and i thought it was weird that some players who never expressed the desire to play in Algeria suddenly think it's great just when the WC is coming !

Talking about France 98, for me the best player were Deschamp, Blanc, Dugarry, Lizarazu, Barthez... not Diomede, Djorakaef, Lama or else... just a thought, and talking about Zidane, ask anybody in soccer business and they will tell you he was more a businessman than a role model like he prentend to be.

BTW, is France the only team with so many foreigner in their squad? Some friends say that it's the worst Equipe de France since a long time ago...

But GO FRAN... ALGERIA !
Thanks

Some of the French-Algerians have been with the Algerian NT since the beginning, like Ziani, Mansouri, etc...

But others see the Algerian NT as a plan B

Others were with France -18, but later had an epyphany, ot were brainwashed by their dads

Last edited by Habs 4 Life: 05-27-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Old
05-27-2010, 12:56 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

I love the Argentina side,always did,but I hope if they win he really doesn't do this

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-c...cc=5901&ver=us

Old
05-27-2010, 01:10 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
I know nothing about soccer,i cant name a player but i will be rooting for Spain

Old
05-27-2010, 01:44 PM
Komarov47

Quote:
Yeah and Canadians like hockey, drink Maple Syrup all day, are mounted policemen and say Eh!

Not all of them, but 99.9% of them

GTFO, Mr Canuck

ROFL, good luck with that

Thanks

Some of the French-Algerians have been with the Algerian NT since the beginning, like Ziani, Mansouri, etc...

But others see the Algerian NT as a plan B

Others were with France -18, but later had an epyphany, ot were brainwashed by their dads
In fact i wandered how the people over there in Algeria saw those french born guys who actually see Algeria team as a B Plan like you said?

Old
05-27-2010, 01:46 PM
Bon Esprit

Essien is out for the tournament.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...10/8709466.stm

Bad news for Ghana.

Old
05-27-2010, 01:50 PM
noiro

Quote:
In fact i wandered how the people over there in Algeria saw those french born guys who actually see Algeria team as a B Plan like you said?
There is a lot of animosity from certain people but after what the country went through (decade of terrorism), anything that could bring a smile on the face of the population is welcome, even though it sucks that players who litteraly bled for us to qualify in Egypt were let go in favor of newcomers (certain opportunists obviously...). Is talent enough?
We shall see

Old
05-27-2010, 01:51 PM
Komarov47

Holland looked terrific against Mexico last night... God dammit i wish Ireland would be at the WC....

Old
05-27-2010, 01:53 PM
Komarov47

Quote:
There is a lot of animosity from certain people but after what the country went through (decade of terrorism), anything that could bring a smile on the face of the population is welcome, even though it sucks that players who litteraly bled for us to qualify in Egypt were let go in favor of newcomers (certain opportunists obviously...). Is talent enough?
We shall see
Well said man Let's see if those guys really have the heart to play for team Algeria... I thought there were laws for young players who played for one national team and then couldn't play for another national team?

Old
05-27-2010, 02:04 PM
McSorleyStick
El Pistolero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitator View Post

Bad news for Ghana.
Damn; really sucks

We have lost Mourad Meghni (dude in my avatar) to an injury as well

Old
05-27-2010, 02:12 PM
VanNistelrooy

Quote:

Bad news for Ghana.
Germany just gained their second place.

Quote:
Holland looked terrific against Mexico last night... God dammit i wish Ireland would be at the WC....
You're right, they absolutely DOMINATED the first half.

Old
05-27-2010, 02:13 PM
noiro

Quote:
Well said man Let's see if those guys really have the heart to play for team Algeria... I thought there were laws for young players who played for one national team and then couldn't play for another national team?
There was a Rule change last year (motion made by Algeria lol) :
Quote:
Football's world governing body Fifa has removed the age limit for players who want to switch national allegiance.

Previously players who had represented one country at youth level had to make the choice to change by the age of 21. But Fifa's congress in the Bahamas has approved a motion from Algeria to abandon that restriction.
http://www.africagoodnews.com/2010-f...all-teams.html

Old
05-27-2010, 02:17 PM
VanNistelrooy

Quote:
There was a Rule change last year (motion made by Algeria lol) :

http://www.africagoodnews.com/2010-f...all-teams.html
It will help small nations : More people at their 25-26s will feel the need of international play and maybe want to play for smaller nations, like Algeria for French players, and help them rivalise with the bigger nations.

Old
05-27-2010, 02:20 PM
McSorleyStick
El Pistolero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanNistelrooy View Post
It will help small nations : More people at their 25-26s will feel the need of international play and maybe want to play for smaller nations, like Algeria for French players, and help them rivalise with the bigger nations.
True

But the Algerian federation has to do its part by reaching out to those players when they are younger and try to convince them to play for us

Last edited by McSorleyStick: 05-27-2010 at 02:26 PM.
Old
05-27-2010, 02:22 PM
VanNistelrooy

Quote:
True

But the Algerian federation as to do its part by reaching out to those players when they are younger and try to convince them to pay for us
Yup, you're also right.

Old
05-27-2010, 02:29 PM
Bon Esprit

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanNistelrooy View Post
Germany just gained their second place.
Not so sure.

Ghana's Boateng took out Ballack. So it's even now.

Well, it would have been better if Ghana was with Essien and Germany was with Ballack.

Old
05-27-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
juventus team was bad for the most part of the year. Diego included, but it's not like he would of got to play for brazil's team full-time. maybe a bit, but not as a starter for sure. that's why i think he should be on the team because the experience would of been great for him.

He struggled with juventus, but i remember watching him in the under 23's and playing well. he really has been an up and down player, but he's only what 24 or 25? If he can get some consistency in his game he'll become a great mid-fielder. I expect big things from him next year.

hopefully they can get a bit younger.
Big time...they need to get younger pretty much everywhere. They especially need some help on their back 4...Chiellini is alone back there.

And up front, Amauri, Iaquinta, Trezeguet and Del Piero just won't cut it in 2010, if you're aspiring for big things as Juventus always should.

They also need to find a way to get Giovinco more involved. But i'm not sure both he and Diego can co-exist on the same team...they're too similar

Old
05-27-2010, 03:19 PM
couris

spain looks a notch above every body else

Torres-Villa
Silva/Cesc-Iniesta-Xavi
Busquets

Netherlands are looking red hot with the recent performances of sneijder and robben

VanPerci
Robben-Sneijder-Affelay
VdVaart-Bommel

Old
05-27-2010, 03:28 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Stay on topic please,talk soccer

Don't start this I hate those people and this and that about language cause the thread will quickly be shut down!

Old
05-27-2010, 03:32 PM
Bon Esprit

Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
spain looks a notch above every body else

Torres-Villa
Silva/Cesc-Iniesta-Xavi
Busquets

Netherlands are looking red hot with the recent performances of sneijder and robben

VanPerci
Robben-Sneijder-Affelay
VdVaart-Bommel
I back that.

Spain and the Netherlands are favourites.

Old
05-27-2010, 03:36 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
I back that.

Spain I could agree,Netherlands based on what?They lost to Russia in the last Euro after being perfect like usual in the round robin.They have a good team,not sure if they have what it takes to win it all

Old
05-27-2010, 03:38 PM
couris

Quote:
I back that.

Messi-Higuain/Milito
Dimaria-------Aguero/Jonas
Veron-Masch

Closed Thread