HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Weber's value

Old
05-22-2010, 04:09 PM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

vCash: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I disagree on Arnott/Dumont not approving the move. I think both would, especially Dumont.
Ill ask again, who is gonna take Arnott off our hands? If he sucks so bad that we want to dump him, whos gonna want to pay him 4.5 mil with only 1 year and a questionable physical situation? I think if Arny is traded it will be at the deadline next year if we are out of the race.

Dumont is another story. I will be shocked if he isnt moved. I think Trotz specifically has set the stage for that with his comments about playing time next year.

We currently have seven legit top two line players. Moving one makes sense. Moving two does not.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 04:18 PM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I disagree on Arnott/Dumont not approving the move. I think both would, especially Dumont.
Based on?

I'd hope Poile would have a feeling on if they'd be willing to waive their NTC. If they aren't interested in waiving their NTC, it could create a really bad vibe. Not only within the team, but also potential free agents in the future.

Even if they are perfectly willing to wavie their NTC, that's only the 1st step. Step two is finding someone willing to take their contract. I think there's a chance someone would be willing to take on Arnott, only because he has one year left. He'll be more tradeable at the deadline, but that doesn't really help us free up salary right now.

Dumont, may be untradable. There might be 1 or 2 teams willing to entertain it, but hard to justify paying Dumont 8mil over 2 years, when can go get a guy like Tanguay for roughly half that.

Last edited by dulzhok: 05-22-2010 at 04:23 PM.
dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 04:23 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Ill ask again, who is gonna take Arnott off our hands? If he sucks so bad that we want to dump him, whos gonna want to pay him 4.5 mil with only 1 year and a questionable physical situation? I think if Arny is traded it will be at the deadline next year if we are out of the race.

Dumont is another story. I will be shocked if he isnt moved. I think Trotz specifically has set the stage for that with his comments about playing time next year.

We currently have seven legit top two line players. Moving one makes sense. Moving two does not.
I think Arnott is more tradeable than Dumont (1yr VS 2 yr). But in reality, both might not be tradeable.

Old
05-22-2010, 04:47 PM
dulzhok

Anyway you look at it, we're backed into a corner here.

Just maintain the status quo over the next 2 years, we'll have to give out significant raises to Hamhuis, Weber, Suter, Hornqvist, and Rinne (already re-signed). We'll have to give moderate raises to Bouillon and Franson.

It will put is over the mid-point, even taking into account Arnott and Sullivan coming off the books next year, and replacing them with someone cheap.

Our best hope of improving is that guys on low-end deals come in a play lights out (Wilson, O'Reilly, Blum, Franson, etc). In the event that does happen, they too will want significant raises. The cycle will continue. If you play well, you get paid.

Old
05-22-2010, 06:16 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

It's JUST 2 million. The concept of money is always skewered when you are spending other people's money. We think, 'Oh, you are a millionaire, you got the cash to spend.' We forget there is a matter of effort attached to that and we forget more it's SOMEONE else's effort not ours. When you strive and push for that extra buck you realize how much time and possibly pain is involved in trying to make that buck. Asking the Predators ownership for an extra 2 million is a reasonable thing. The Preds can operate at the edge of the mid-level exception and keep the team MOSTLY whole, BUT getting the cash is another thing. It's not easy to make a million dollars. If it was we'd ALL would have it to spend, unicorns would crap gold cougarands all over the place, and every one could bench press 280 with one hand and look like the movie star of their choice.

There is a huge negative with the team losing money. I have called the Nashville Predators the most fun non-profit organization there is. Preds fans should get tax deductions for buying season tickets. Losing money leads to tension from the media (Tennessean), the government (Sports counsel), and non Predator hockey fans (Yeah we know who you are). Do you really want to give these groups the ammo they need to give us more off-season trouble.

Nashville pushed Chicago to the limit and if the team was healthy, they would have won the series. Would one star fix this? Maybe. Problem is that the stars who need to upgrade are unmovable because of NTCs. Arnott has not been healthy and frankly, because of his age and injury history I don't think the Preds could move him even with a NTC waiver. Dumont has been slipping down the depth chart and would be the most likely to move. Problem is that Dumont loves the area and per THN, over a 5 year span, Dumont has been the best player on the Preds based on points and goals. Unless there is a way to find a landing sot for either player which they would be agreeable to, they aint moving. Some comment trades for Arnott to NJ and Dumont to Buffalo because of their past histories with these teams but to be honest, these seem more like fairy tales.

Right now the Preds have $41,050,000 with Spaling and Blum in Milwaukee and the team needing to sign 2 forwards and 2 defensemen and 1 backup. If David Poile were to get a budget of 48 million he would have 7 million to play with to sign Boyd, Hornqvist, Franson, Grebs, and Backup to be named later. There is a lot of back up goalies with some quality and because of the high numbers the salaries should be down. Preds should be able to get a good back up for 750,000. If Pekka can play like he has before they need someone who can soak up 30 games in a year on a one year contract. Note, Dan Ellis was a schmoe the Preds picked up from the AHL. With the depth in the goalie pipeline and the coaching, I think they could find a player and coach them up. Players to consider Mark Dekanich, Chet Pickard.

Even with an increase of salary the team will still have to make a trade to make it work. The biggest key to the season is how can the Preds trade either Arnott or Dumont?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 08:34 PM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
It's JUST 2 million. The concept of money is always skewered when you are spending other people's money. We think, 'Oh, you are a millionaire, you got the cash to spend.' We forget there is a matter of effort attached to that and we forget more it's SOMEONE else's effort not ours. When you strive and push for that extra buck you realize how much time and possibly pain is involved in trying to make that buck. Asking the Predators ownership for an extra 2 million is a reasonable thing. The Preds can operate at the edge of the mid-level exception and keep the team MOSTLY whole, BUT getting the cash is another thing. It's not easy to make a million dollars. If it was we'd ALL would have it to spend, unicorns would crap gold cougarands all over the place, and every one could bench press 280 with one hand and look like the movie star of their choice.

There is a huge negative with the team losing money. I have called the Nashville Predators the most fun non-profit organization there is. Preds fans should get tax deductions for buying season tickets. Losing money leads to tension from the media (Tennessean), the government (Sports counsel), and non Predator hockey fans (Yeah we know who you are). Do you really want to give these groups the ammo they need to give us more off-season trouble.

Nashville pushed Chicago to the limit and if the team was healthy, they would have won the series. Would one star fix this? Maybe. Problem is that the stars who need to upgrade are unmovable because of NTCs. Arnott has not been healthy and frankly, because of his age and injury history I don't think the Preds could move him even with a NTC waiver. Dumont has been slipping down the depth chart and would be the most likely to move. Problem is that Dumont loves the area and per THN, over a 5 year span, Dumont has been the best player on the Preds based on points and goals. Unless there is a way to find a landing sot for either player which they would be agreeable to, they aint moving. Some comment trades for Arnott to NJ and Dumont to Buffalo because of their past histories with these teams but to be honest, these seem more like fairy tales.

Right now the Preds have $41,050,000 with Spaling and Blum in Milwaukee and the team needing to sign 2 forwards and 2 defensemen and 1 backup. If David Poile were to get a budget of 48 million he would have 7 million to play with to sign Boyd, Hornqvist, Franson, Grebs, and Backup to be named later. There is a lot of back up goalies with some quality and because of the high numbers the salaries should be down. Preds should be able to get a good back up for 750,000. If Pekka can play like he has before they need someone who can soak up 30 games in a year on a one year contract. Note, Dan Ellis was a schmoe the Preds picked up from the AHL. With the depth in the goalie pipeline and the coaching, I think they could find a player and coach them up. Players to consider Mark Dekanich, Chet Pickard.

Even with an increase of salary the team will still have to make a trade to make it work. The biggest key to the season is how can the Preds trade either Arnott or Dumont?
BFC, you need to chill. I think I really pushed your buttons. :-D

Look, I'm not asking the owners to go broke. I'm not asking the owners to spend to the cap. I'm asking the owners to make a slightly larger investment in an effort to not lose more money next season and the following seasons. In essence, I'm asking they wisely spend their money so that they and the team can succeed.

Just how profitable do you think it's going to be for them if they lose key personnel, lose fan interest due to that, and then significantly miss the playoffs. I suspect that it would be a hell of lot more than $2 million. You can lecture all you want about how hard it is to earn a $1 million, but it doesn't change my opinion that the $2 million investment is less of a monetary risk than not making that investment and seeing what happens.

Now, onto to Arnott and Dumont. I get the impression that most think those guys are just this side of awful. I don't believe that. Both are savvy veterans that typically put up 60+ points. In truth, I really don't so why either couldn't do that again in the right situation. As for their clauses, players change teams all the time while under those clauses. It makes it slightly more difficult, but it happens often enough.

My argument is that Nashville isn't the right place for them anymore to achieve those goals, at least not without holding back others. Additionally, it's my opinion, that Nashville needs a change in the skill set of their top six. Essentially, I just believe that they are a luxury that Nashville can't afford any longer- literally.

I have little doubt that both would generate interest if they were available. Would the teams expressing interest tempt either to waive their clauses? I don't know. The first question for me is whether Poile would even consider asking them to waive their clause. I certainly hope so if he thought it made the team better. I'm not so sure he would, and that scares me if so.

The key here is that there is no way that Poile should have to choose Arnott or Dumont over Hornqvist or Hamhuis. The team is better served with the younger and more talented players.

Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited by David Singleton: 05-22-2010 at 08:46 PM.
David Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 08:59 PM
predfan98

I just don't see where you are going to get the buyers for these two players contracts.
With the age and injury history, who? Who has the money, cap space and a need?

As far as players moving all the time with these contracts, I can't list 5 last season that were traded and waived their NTC or NMC... I'm just not remembering it, so please give me some examples of top 6 forwards that did..

As far as Hamhuis goes.........Poile made the decision to chance this based on our need for him in the playoffs. I think he made the right choice. We can't afford 3 expensive Dmen. We just can't.

Last edited by predfan98: 05-22-2010 at 09:01 PM. Reason: add
predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 09:09 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
I just don't see where you are going to get the buyers for these two players contracts.
With the age and injury history, who? Who has the money, cap space and a need?

As far as players moving all the time with these contracts, I can't list 5 last season that were traded and waived their NTC or NMC... I'm just not remembering it, so please give me some examples of top 6 forwards that did..

As far as Hamhuis goes.........Poile made the decision to chance this based on our need for him in the playoffs. I think he made the right choice. We can't afford 3 expensive Dmen. We just can't.
Yet we can afford to keep overpaid vets?

Dumont is a very affordable contract for someone to take on. $4 million a season for two years for a guy that will put up 60 points a season is a good deal. I'm sure a guy like Crosby wouldn't mind having a winger like Dumont to play with instead of Pascal Dupuis.

I think if a team is going for it, a guy like Arnott or Dumont would be a welcomed addition to a team looking for some extra punch and a veteran punch. We see their flaws because they are our players but other teams will not see it as much as we do. Both guys are still respected players in this league so to move them to another team I don't believe is as hard as it is being made out to be.

I would rather try and move Arnott and Dumont and not be successful at it then not trying at all. If it means keeping them or Hamhuis, I'd rather keep Hamhuis at this point. That's just me. I think it's a big mistake if we let Hamhuis walk but there may not be a lot we can do about it.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 09:47 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Yet we can afford to keep overpaid vets?

Dumont is a very affordable contract for someone to take on. $4 million a season for two years for a guy that will put up 60 points a season is a good deal. I'm sure a guy like Crosby wouldn't mind having a winger like Dumont to play with instead of Pascal Dupuis.

I think if a team is going for it, a guy like Arnott or Dumont would be a welcomed addition to a team looking for some extra punch and a veteran punch. We see their flaws because they are our players but other teams will not see it as much as we do. Both guys are still respected players in this league so to move them to another team I don't believe is as hard as it is being made out to be.

I would rather try and move Arnott and Dumont and not be successful at it then not trying at all. If it means keeping them or Hamhuis, I'd rather keep Hamhuis at this point. That's just me. I think it's a big mistake if we let Hamhuis walk but there may not be a lot we can do about it.
I guess I just don't see this clear cut choice. We have to afford them cause we have NTC or NMC. It's not as if we have the choice between paying them or signing someone else. They are here and their contracts are our reality.

Arnott has a concussion history. Dumont has been "gun shy" since those big hits on him. He's 34, I think, with 2 years left. I just think for Dumont's $$, most teams would choose a younger cheaper option for a 2 year contract.

Again, I don't see it as a choice--- we kept Hamhuis or those 2. I just can't get around the reality.
I'd like to keep Hamhuis, I just don't see this as something we can do, either one or the other.

It'll be interesting.

edit: dumont is only 32......I was wrong about that.

Last edited by predfan98: 05-22-2010 at 09:49 PM. Reason: change
Old
05-22-2010, 09:59 PM
glenngineer

Pfan98, I know it's our reality having to keep Arnott and Dumont, doesn't mean I have to like it...lol.

Maybe the articles in the paper have the two of them asking to be moved. We can only hope. I have a funny feeling the D is gonna be iffy this year if we aren't able to sign our own guys. Then again, maybe the young guys step up like Volde suggested and all will be well. I am just uneasy about what moves may or may not be made at this point but your point about what we have is noted.

Old
05-22-2010, 10:30 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Pfan98, I know it's our reality having to keep Arnott and Dumont, doesn't mean I have to like it...lol.

Maybe the articles in the paper have the two of them asking to be moved. We can only hope. I have a funny feeling the D is gonna be iffy this year if we aren't able to sign our own guys. Then again, maybe the young guys step up like Volde suggested and all will be well. I am just uneasy about what moves may or may not be made at this point but your point about what we have is noted.
Everything seems very iffy right now. It is so weird the comments in the paper by Trotz and Poile at the end of the year. It was so uncharacteristic of both of them.

Are they being more outspoken than they have been in the past? Or is Glennon just slanting it a little more this year? That has been hard for me to figure out also. He has seemed so "neutral" or "news" in the past, and this year there is more "opinion."

Are we at a crossroads for the organization? As much as I'd like to think not, I think we are a little bit.

Things seem a little unsettled. I can't put my finger on it. Or is it just me?

Old
05-22-2010, 10:58 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Everything seems very iffy right now. It is so weird the comments in the paper by Trotz and Poile at the end of the year. It was so uncharacteristic of both of them.

Are they being more outspoken than they have been in the past? Or is Glennon just slanting it a little more this year? That has been hard for me to figure out also. He has seemed so "neutral" or "news" in the past, and this year there is more "opinion."

Are we at a crossroads for the organization? As much as I'd like to think not, I think we are a little bit.

It's not just you. These next two years will define a lot about the direction of the team. How we handle the contracts of Weber, Suter and Hornqvist are huge. How does the team handle Radulov if he comes back in 2 years. Will Wilson develop as we hope. How do the blue line prospects pan out and if so, how many of them make it. What happens when guys like Smithson and Ward also have their contracts expire at the end of next year, will guys like Spaling and Thurersson be ready for full time duty. How will some of the younger forwards coming down the pike do in a few years, like Budish, Geoffrion, Beck and Latta.

I really think we have one more push with this group of players as we know it but after next year, I think we become a much younger team with Dumont, Legwand and Erat as our elder statesmen.

I also have to wonder if and when Bret Wilson joins the ownership group what effect he has financially on the franchise.

There is a lot out there that is unsettled, some of which I didn't even go into but things that have been discussed in more detail elsewhere. It'll be interesting to see what happens when July 1 hits.

Old
05-22-2010, 11:07 PM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

Quote:

I understand your thoughts. I don't think that John has slanted anything. Most everything you are referring to are direct quotes by Trotz and Poile.

I agree that both were more direct and unwavering in their comments regarding what they witnessed and what the priorities should be for the offseason, without going into specifics. Given that the comments were immediately following a couple of games they likely felt they should have won, I feel that their frustration led them to be a little more open than they might have been. No less true, however.

I obviously believe that we are at a crossroads with this offseason.

This team played well enough that the playoffs wasn't really in doubt late in the season. Even so, there seemed to be the feeling among many of the fans that just reaching the playoffs wasn't enough. In fact, I believe that feeling was shared by everyone on the Predators from David Poile down to Wade Belak- both before the playoffs started and after they were eliminated.

Going into next season with half of the blueline being new is not a recipe for success. It can be done, obviously, but the odds are against it. Can the team financially withstand not only missing the playoffs next season, but finishing around 12th? I don't know, but it doesn't help anything that's for sure.

David Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 11:38 PM
dulzhok

Quote:

Are they being more outspoken than they have been in the past? Or is Glennon just slanting it a little more this year?
After painting himself into a corner, I think Poile is responding by throwing punches. He's calling out guys like Arnott, Dumont, and Lewgand who are overpaid and underperfoming. Maybe in hopes of re-igniting them, or maybe he's setting the stage to waive their NTC (if they're even tradeable). He can't do much of any anything with this team right now, except hope young guys are going to come in and play lights out. Or maybe he can trade one of our bad contracts to give us some flexibility, though I still think it's unlikely.

Old
05-22-2010, 11:46 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
And how is Pittsburgh going to take an underperforming 4 million contract when they're already pushed against the camp? Dumont put up 45, not 60 points last year.

Shero is a one the best GMs in the league, IMO. He signs older players to short contracts, so he has flexibility. Among other things...

Fedetenko was great last year, but still signed him 1 year deal. He sucked this year, so he'll move on and sign someone else. I fully expect someone like Paul Kariya to sign for 2m or less.

Old
05-22-2010, 11:56 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
And how is Pittsburgh going to take an underperforming 4 million contract when they're already pushed against the camp? Dumont put up 45, not 60 points last year.

Shero is a one the best GMs in the league, IMO. He signs older players to short contracts, so he has flexibility. Among other things...

Fedetenko was great last year, but still signed him 1 year deal. He sucked this year, so he'll move on and sign someone else. I fully expect someone like Paul Kariya to sign for 2m or less.
Pittsburgh has one top 6 winger signed for next year. They are at $41 million right now as far as who they have signed. They have a lot of work to do to fill the roster but they have the ability to go up to the cap limit. Also, I am talking about Dumont who has been around a 60 point average the last 5 years as a player. You always say, teams can have Tanguay and this and that yet when someone says what I did, you're like, he's only a 45 point a year player when he's had one bad season. Tanguay has sucked for the better part of 3-4 years now.

Shero knows JP from his days here and JP has a very affordable deal in hockey terms. How many guys do you know that can put up 60 points a year at that rate? Most guys who are putting up those numbers are getting bigger salaries so I'd say Shero may take a flyer on JP if given the opportunity. And you can't tell me that Dumont wouldn't love a chance to play alongside Crosby.

Old
05-23-2010, 12:15 AM
dulzhok

Quote:
Pittsburgh has one top 6 winger signed for next year. They are at $41 million right now as far as who they have signed. They have a lot of work to do to fill the roster but they have the ability to go up to the cap limit. Also, I am talking about Dumont who has been around a 60 point average the last 5 years as a player. You always say, teams can have Tanguay and this and that yet when someone says what I did, you're like, he's only a 45 point a year player when he's had one bad season. Tanguay has sucked for the better part of 3-4 years now.

Shero knows JP from his days here and JP has a very affordable deal in hockey terms. How many guys do you know that can put up 60 points a year at that rate? Most guys who are putting up those numbers are getting bigger salaries so I'd say Shero may take a flyer on JP if given the opportunity. And you can't tell me that Dumont wouldn't love a chance to play alongside Crosby.
Pittsburgh has something like 10 open positions next year and big holes to fill on defense and scoring line. Paying an aging and slow JP $8 million over the next 2 years would not be easy thing for him to do.

Tanguay has sucked 4 years now? He scored 81 points, 58 points, and 41 points (in 50 games). Last year was the first year his scoring clip was bad. I don't think he's a savior for someone, but yes, I would put him around the same level as Dumont right. And I assume he'll sign a contract for 2m or less.

Most GMs pay based on what you've done most recently. I don't think any GM would classify Dumont's contract as "very affordable." He's slow, getting old, falling out of favor with his team, and his production is down. And he's still owed 8 million dollars. There might be someone willing to entertain it, but I don't think it's likely. Maybe someone with cap space, and someone that can't attract free agents. If they can attract free agents, I assume they'd much rather sign Kariya, Afinegenov, Stempnaik, Plekanec, Frolov, etc.

Last edited by dulzhok: 05-23-2010 at 12:30 AM.
Old
05-23-2010, 01:29 AM
Que Sera Sera

Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Pittsburgh has something like 10 open positions next year and big holes to fill on defense and scoring line. Paying an aging and slow JP $8 million over the next 2 years would not be easy thing for him to do.

Tanguay has sucked 4 years now? He scored 81 points, 58 points, and 41 points (in 50 games). Last year was the first year his scoring clip was bad. I don't think he's a savior for someone, but yes, I would put him around the same level as Dumont right. And I assume he'll sign a contract for 2m or less.

Most GMs pay based on what you've done most recently. I don't think any GM would classify Dumont's contract as "very affordable." He's slow, getting old, falling out of favor with his team, and his production is down. And he's still owed 8 million dollars. There might be someone willing to entertain it, but I don't think it's likely. Maybe someone with cap space, and someone that can't attract free agents. If they can attract free agents, I assume they'd much rather sign Kariya, Afinegenov, Stempnaik, Plekanec, Frolov, etc.
I actually quite like the idea of signing Alex Tanguay. As you said, he hasn't really been that bad.

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 08:29 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Tempting but Nashville needs wingers at this point as opposed to centers. We have Wilson and Legwand once Arnott is off the books as the top two centers. Dumont and Sullivan are getting up there in age. There is no guarantee Seguin will be there at number 2 as Edmonton may have their eyes on him. If Hall is available that may be a great pick but Nashville has a habit of sending guys to Milwaukee first before getting a shot at the big club. The additional pick would be nice if it were a deeper draft. As far as Wideman goes, no thanks. He was a direct by product of playing with Chara and when put on a different pairing, had an awful year. So effectively it becomes a Seguin or Hall for Weber trade and still not sure that's enough for a big, nasty defenseman with a shot that's a cannon. Guys like Weber don't grow on trees at all and if he were to be traded, which I still think is highly unlikely, teams will have to pay thru the nose to get him.
Thanks for the response! It looks like Boston can't move the 2nd anyways since the choke...it would be a PR nightmare. I think they still focus on bringing in a NHL star not tied to the loss and Iginla will be the target to keep the pressure of Seguin/Hall and he is a Bruins-style player.

So is Weber but he is also a Predator for life IMO.

Cheers!

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 09:02 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
Thanks for the response! It looks like Boston can't move the 2nd anyways since the choke...it would be a PR nightmare. I think they still focus on bringing in a NHL star not tied to the loss and Iginla will be the target to keep the pressure of Seguin/Hall and he is a Bruins-style player.

So is Weber but he is also a Predator for life IMO.

Cheers!
I sure as heck hope so.

Old
05-24-2010, 09:47 AM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

I think there are GMs that would take a chance on Dumont. hes still relatively young and for many teams hes relatively affordable.

It may be that a trade doesnt happen until after free agency opens. I could see teams looking to add some scoring but getting outbid by the ridiculous contracts that always seem to be given out in the first week in july. A GM that refused to pay 5 million for 5 years for someone only a little younger and a little better than JP may decide they can gamble 4 mil for 2 years. It'll be a known salary dump so poile wont get much in return but thats ok.

Old
05-27-2010, 02:54 PM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion View Post
If Vancouver were to trade one of the Sedins I think there could be a chance of getting something done. Other than that I think if you have to ask then you can't afford him.
Why do you want one of the Sedins? They play much better on the same line.

Not to say i mind trading the Sedins (I hate them both), but I think we will pass because it doesnt help us in anyway, and more likely creates more problem.

To be honest, the most I will trade (Just me and not the team) for Weber, C.Wilson is Hodgson, 1st round in 2010, 3rd round in 2010 and Bieska.

Vancouver_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2010, 03:08 PM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
Why do you want one of the Sedins? They play much better on the same line.

Not to say i mind trading the Sedins (I hate them both), but I think we will pass because it doesnt help us in anyway, and more likely creates more problem.

To be honest, the most I will trade (Just me and not the team) for Weber, C.Wilson is Hodgson, 1st round in 2010, 3rd round in 2010 and Bieska.
thank you for playing... please see the hostess for your lovely parting gifts...

Old
05-27-2010, 03:15 PM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
thank you for playing... please see the hostess for your lovely parting gifts...
Is the gift an ipod from one of your avatar?

Seriously though, I dont think the canucks is interested in Weber. Especially when there are so many UFA avaliable in the offseason, while obviously not as good we dont need to trade our players, picks or prospect for them.

Vancouver_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2010, 08:24 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Gillis would have to be drunk to offer up what you did for Weber and Wilson. I understand you said that's what YOU would trade and not what the team would consider, but still. Why even bother posting that?

As far as quotes from Trotz and Poile that I've been reading posts about, what was said? I tried looking, though not very hard I guess. Lately world news and politics have been keeping me occupied so naturally I've been steering clear of the Tennessean.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote