HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If the price was right, would you consider moving Markov?

View Poll Results: Trade Andrei Markov?
I would, if the price was right. (Read: A high return) 50 60.24%
Maybe, although probably only around the deadline 3 3.61%
No, never! In fact extend his contract! 30 36.14%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-28-2010, 08:59 AM
Coldplay
Courage

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le depisteur View Post
It isn't a scenario. Come on guys, don't put this kind of option, it isn't realistic at all... Don't consider that kind of *** for your answer...
Like I said, if we got offered that, as ridiculous as it is, otherwise, I wouldn't do it. Just shows how reluctant I am to deal Markov.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 09:00 AM
Travis Moen

I'd trade any player in our team if the price was right.

Travis Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 09:04 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Moen View Post
This

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 09:08 AM
Le depisteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Like I said, if we got offered that, as ridiculous as it is, otherwise, I wouldn't do it. Just shows how reluctant I am to deal Markov.
I say you cannot even envisage this kind of scenario. It isn't an option for this thread.

Le depisteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 09:09 AM
Le depisteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Moen View Post
This comment closes this thread…

Le depisteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 09:56 AM
MTL-rules

People are putting way too much credit on PK's game... He's an exciting young player, but nowhere close to Markov. If we trade him, who'll replace him ? We'll have a bunch of 3rd-4th defencemen and a rookie with too much pressure to perform.

Get real guys, he can't be traded.

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 10:14 AM
RE-HABS

I would consider trading Markov as long as I am getting a top 4 Dman in return, along with a 1st round pick and a very high end prospect that can play now.

This seems to be the asking price for Kaberle, and I would put Markov's value higher than his.

If I'm the Habs I would look at a couple scenario's at the draft:

Andrei Markov - Minnesota Wild

Brent Burns - Montreal Canadiens
Colton Gillies - Prospect
Wild's 1st Pick 2010 - 9th overall

or

Andrei Markov - Columbus
Andrei Kostitsyn - Columbus
Sergei Kostitsyn - Columbus
Canadiens 1st Pick 2010 - 27th overall

Kris Russell - Montreal Canadiens
RJ Umberger - Montreal Canadiens
Nikita Filatov - Prospect
Columbus 1st Pick 2010 - 4th overall

or look at other teams needing that stud Dman, who have prospect depth and forwards available for trade to complement the top 3-6.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 10:17 AM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I voted "No". Because, really, the price will never be right. If the price really was right, you'd move anybody of course, and you wouldn't need a poll for that. But our price is going to beat anything anybody actually offers, so it's a meaningless word game. Just vote "No".
this

the price will never be right for Markov, the only way I trade him is if we trade him for someone better at his position and someone who can play like him on the PP and on top of that he's a UFA next year so the return will be less and I think we have good chance to sign him long term for cheap

not going to happen

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 10:25 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

The silver lining might be in Weber in the end. Once Subban is established and then Weber comes up, then choices will have to be made, but until then, you just don't switch your biggest clog in your clockwork.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 10:30 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
this

the price will never be right for Markov, the only way I trade him is if we trade him for someone better at his position and someone who can play like him on the PP and on top of that he's a UFA next year so the return will be less and I think we have good chance to sign him long term for cheap

not going to happen
I don't know how you think we are going to sign an elite defence-man to a cheap contract when he knows on the open market he is going to get $6 million per, and at 32 (when he is a UFA) that could go as far as a 6-8 year long term deal as he would be 38-40 when done. Considering Pronger was signed till he is 42.

His point production has increased, he is a good two Dman and he isn't on the decline so he is a very valuable trading asset in which we could get a lot in return for.

He would be awful to lose, but as we all know anyone is tradeable, especially in the Cap era.

Gauthier is looking long term, and Markov will be looked at as a very valuable piece to stay, or a very valuable piece to obtain younger help in the form of players, prospects and picks.

Old
05-28-2010, 10:32 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
The silver lining might be in Weber in the end. Once Subban is established and then Weber comes up, then choices will have to be made, but until then, you just don't switch your biggest clog in your clockwork.
I think any trade would involve a Dman coming back, either younger and established or an elite prospect.

Weber and Subban would be players looked at making the club, but someone would be brought in so that isn't squarely on their shoulders.

Old
05-28-2010, 10:36 AM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
I don't know how you think we are going to sign an elite defence-man to a cheap contract when he knows on the open market he is going to get $6 million per, and at 32 (when he is a UFA) that could go as far as a 6-8 year long term deal as he would be 38-40 when done. Considering Pronger was signed till he is 42.

His point production has increased, he is a good two Dman and he isn't on the decline so he is a very valuable trading asset in which we could get a lot in return for.

He would be awful to lose, but as we all know anyone is tradeable, especially in the Cap era.

Gauthier is looking long term, and Markov will be looked at as a very valuable piece to stay, or a very valuable piece to obtain younger help in the form of players, prospects and picks.
sure he can go for the money but it will not be the first time a player at his age sign long term with the team that draft him and the team he played 9 seasons with.

I think Markov will want to retired as a Habs , like Linstrom in Detroit.

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 10:36 AM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

vCash: 1549
I'd trade him if we can get Iginla or a Top 3 forward with size.

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 10:41 AM
Andy

No because in order to win a cup, you would need to replace him. Right now we have no one who could do that(not even Subban). Markov is a top 15 d-man in the nhl. These players don't grow on trees and considering that there are 30 teams, I think finding a top 15 d-man is extremely rare.

The answer is no. We need this type of player to win a cup, why trade it, if we have it? The habs can move other players to fix holes in the lineup.

And Btw, the return for Markov will never be worth it. Look at what Pronger got, you won't get as much for Markov(yes I know shocking, but Pronger is better than Markov).

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 10:49 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Ultimately, it depends on him signing an extension. The return for markov may be better long term than one year(minus two months cuz of rehab anyway) of markov then he leaves.

So, for me, if he signs a fair extension this summer...no problem. If he seems unlikely to want to stay for wtv reason. You trade him and get young assets back.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote