HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leblanc Thread (Update-Q Rights traded to M.Junior)

Old
05-28-2010, 06:42 PM
JackZap

vCash: 500
good decision. playing 30 games in harvard isnt helping. Hopefully Boucher will still be in Hamilton next yr

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 06:45 PM
Bieber fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
He will develop better in the NCAA?

The reason I prefer the CHL route is because the players have a longer season with 68 games plus playoffs. College is less games. The CHL is closer the the "pro experience" for work load

The AHL has a longer schedule as well and matches the pro experience. We also seem to have a pretty good developmental coach there

It's too bad the kid did not opt for playing in the Q if he is ditching college this early. The CHL is the best development program there is
lol no........I think he should finish is degree at Harvard and consider an other career than pro-hockey player.

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 06:54 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce514 View Post
lol no........I think he should finish is degree at Harvard and consider an other career than pro-hockey player.
Why do you say this? Have you seen him play? What do you know about his strengths and Weaknesses? I'd like to hear why you think this kid won't pan out.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 06:57 PM
Viggo Mortensen

Quote:
You rant by saying you feel like its gonna be another Timmin's 1st round bust, but you want him to quit hockey....sure hes gonna be a bust if you want him to quit hockey lol

Viggo Mortensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 07:10 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Form and Substance View Post
I agree, I think this might be a bit too premature a departure. Not saying Harvard was the best place for him to develop, but still, I hope this doesn't turn out like Max Pac v.2
Mac Pacioretty is 21 years old, Jesus Christ...

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 07:18 PM
Rahan

Quote:
He shouldn't leave Havard......

I really don't want to be a dick , but I don't feel him at all.I believe he will be an other timmins's first round bust.
Well, I'll disagree. I think Louis will be a Mike Richards-like player for us in the future. We shall see!

Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 07:21 PM

I wish he would play in the Q and *** on that league and then play in the AHL.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 07:27 PM
Bieber fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoopok View Post
Why do you say this? Have you seen him play? What do you know about his strengths and Weaknesses? I'd like to hear why you think this kid won't pan out.
how do I'm supposed to watch ncaa game ? I saw him play a little bit and he's very average. He don't have a big weakness but he don't any stregths .....he's just overall average.He got cut from Team canada junior ( and yes i know player like vlasic ,brassard , setgochi were cut and chipchura made it ). Habs just saw an hometown boy ranked high and they didn't have the choice to pick him ( otherwise media would have smoked them).It turn out great for the habs......Idiots ( who never heard of leblanc before ) were crying LEBLANC LEBLANC LEBLANC at the draft day hahaha.

Worst part is when media are saying ''he has all the skillz to be a star(yes yes a star)''lollololl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viggo Mortensen View Post
You rant by saying you feel like its gonna be another Timmin's 1st round bust, but you want him to quit hockey....sure hes gonna be a bust if you want him to quit hockey lol

I don't want him to quit hockey....He's going to one of the best school of the word.It will be a major miskate if he didn't finish his degree to go in the AHL ( where is going to spend his career).

havard deegre > ahl career doing 14h bus ride( even if u can make to 500K,600k$)

Old
05-28-2010, 07:32 PM
Rahan

Quote:
how do I'm supposed to watch ncaa game ? I saw him play a little bit and he's very average. He don't have a big weakness but he don't any stregths .....he's just overall average.He got cut from Team canada junior ( and yes i know player like vlasic ,brassard , setgochi were cut and chipchura made it ). Habs just saw an hometown boy ranked high and they didn't have the choice to pick him ( otherwise media would have smoked them).It turn out great for the habs......Idiots ( who never heard of leblanc before ) were crying LEBLANC LEBLANC LEBLANC at the draft day hahaha.

Worst part is when media are saying ''he has all the skillz to be a star(yes yes a star)''lollololl.
You admit you haven't seen him play and then you keep going on and on and on, saying he doesn't have strenghts and doesn't have skills. I'll tell you what, Louis Leblanc is a skilled hockey player.

Now, that doesn't guarantee he'll make it and be a star... but you should still quit talking about what you don't know squat about.

Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 07:32 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
I don't want him to quit hockey....He's going to one of the best school of the word.It will be a major miskate if he didn't finish his degree to go in the AHL ( where is going to spend his career).

havard deegre > ahl career doing 14h bus ride( even if u can make to 500K,600k$)
He doesn't have to finish his degree after 4 years straight. I read he can just leave the program and finish the degree later.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 07:33 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
I wish he would play in the Q and *** on that league and then play in the AHL.
I wish he would play with the Remparts

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 07:34 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
I wish he would play with the Remparts
I think his right belong to Montreal Junior no?

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 07:34 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:

Exactly its almost impossible to watch the harvard games unless u attend them live. Very little people have seen him play. When did you watch him play? last year in the ushl? Doubt it.This is why I dont understand your bashing. All you know is he didn't make the WJ team. Thats idiotic, he has another chance to make it this year. So lets hold back of the Leblanc bashing, I don't think he will be a superstar, but he can be a very good second line center.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 07:35 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
I think his right belong to Montreal Junior no?
I actually think he has no right with any team since he never played in the league.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 07:42 PM
parachutist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
I actually think he has no right with any team since he never played in the league.
His rights belong to Chicoutimi.

parachutist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 07:46 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Mac Pacioretty is 21 years old, Jesus Christ...
I think he is saying Patches left too early, Montreal should have told him to stay for his Sophomore year at least and then do a year or two in the AHL.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 08:17 PM
katatoniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
Leblanc going to AHL is a good news.
He will get much more ice time over the season.
Would be great if Kristo did the same. He could play in

What centers do we have: Desharnais, Dumont, Engqvist, Leblanc, Trotter?

Pretty sure Trotter is now on the wing

katatoniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 08:19 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
Leblanc going to AHL is a good news.
He will get much more ice time over the season.
Would be great if Kristo did the same. He could play in

What centers do we have: Desharnais, Dumont, Engqvist, Leblanc, Trotter?
Things just don't work out that way though.

I know this is Hockey's Future but you don't stock your AHL lineup full of prospects aged 18-19.

Leblanc and Kristo are simply NOT ready for AHL hockey at this point. Let them develop in the NCAA, or for Leblanc's case..the Q.

Didn't you also want Cichy to play AHL hockey this season? Settle down man, and let our prospects develop.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 08:21 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

If Leblanc plays in the AHL, i just hope that the organisation will let him go to the WJC!

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 08:25 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

I pray this is true. Prep schools are the worst for developing players.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 08:26 PM
Bieber fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoopok View Post
Exactly its almost impossible to watch the harvard games unless u attend them live. Very little people have seen him play. When did you watch him play? last year in the ushl? Doubt it.This is why I dont understand your bashing. All you know is he didn't make the WJ team. Thats idiotic, he has another chance to make it this year. So lets hold back of the Leblanc bashing, I don't think he will be a superstar, but he can be a very good second line center.
I admit that i didn't wath him play very often..........but I saw him a few time in the USHL.Btw I don't ''bash'' him, I just said I dont feel him at all.

Old
05-28-2010, 08:27 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Form and Substance View Post
I agree, I think this might be a bit too premature a departure. Not saying Harvard was the best place for him to develop, but still, I hope this doesn't turn out like Max Pac v.2
wut... he's not jumping into the AHL.
He will get coached by Booch.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 08:53 PM
Megaforce

He should stay in school.

If he quits he'll have a couple of years banging around the pros.

If he stays he'll return and become CEO of Quebecor or Hydro Quebec for the next 35 years. It is Harvard he's leaving, not the Universite de Drummondville calisse.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 09:05 PM
hockeyjockey

there is little left to learn in the ncaa concerning hockey. His rookie year and was tops on his team. the AHL has stronger competition and more of a professional league. Why stay in harvard when in reality would take you a minimum 3 years to get a degree. if he wants to play hockey as a carreer, the ahl is the nect stepping stone to dominate.

hockeyjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 09:12 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Hamilton? I rather he stay in the NCAA. I'm hoping he meant the Q.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote