HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Introduction Thread!

Closed Thread

Old
05-28-2010, 01:12 PM
CharlieGirl
Summer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuival View Post
"Nice to meet you, welcome" in Finnish. It almost feels like there is more Finns in here than Jatkoaika, funny
Thank you! I'll have to remember where to find that for the next Finn who joins our board!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrilladelphia View Post
Name: Ian

Welcome to the zoo!

Old
05-28-2010, 01:37 PM
phillyfanatic

Like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post

So true though. I absolutely hate what Eric Lindros did and who he became, so he is definitely my most hated Flyer. However, I became a die-hard Flyer fan because of him and the way he played.....hence, has to be in the all time favorite "players" list. Hate the man, loved the player. Freakin' guy......

Old
05-28-2010, 01:40 PM
phillyfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
Welcome to the board - I have a feeling you and I will get along just fine!
Thanks for the welcome. I thought Corey Perry was this great player and then out of nowhere he hammers Giroux with a dirty elbow and I couldn't even cheer for the guy on Team Canada.

Old
05-28-2010, 03:21 PM
CharlieGirl
Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
Thanks for the welcome. I thought Corey Perry was this great player and then out of nowhere he hammers Giroux with a dirty elbow and I couldn't even cheer for the guy on Team Canada.
Oh, I have years of disgust way before he nailed Giroux...

Old
05-28-2010, 10:24 PM
phillyfanatic

Quote:
Oh, I have years of disgust way before he nailed Giroux...
Juniors? I hear Patrick Kane was hated in London Ontario for being a total jerk too.....more reason to hate the Hawks.

Old
05-28-2010, 10:57 PM
CharlieGirl
Summer

Quote:
Juniors? I hear Patrick Kane was hated in London Ontario for being a total jerk too.....more reason to hate the Hawks.
I'm probably the wrong person to ask.... I hate the Knights more than any other team on earth.

Old
05-29-2010, 04:27 PM
0range and Black

Favorite Team(s): Flyers, Phantoms

Favorite Player(s): Mark Howe, Ron Hextall, Dave Poulin, Brian Propp, Eric Lindros, Rod Brind'Amour, Simone Gagne, Mike Richards, Chris Pronger

NHL08 Top Line: I was more the 3 player Sega Hockey where you could check the guy your buddy was fighting.

Flyers fan since: Birth

Top moments:
-Game 6 in 1987
-Revenge Game 5 vs Tampa
-Roenick vs Toronto
-12 rows off the trash covered DC ice for Lupul in OT
-OT win to start off Phillies Parade Weekend
-2005 Calder Cup
-Beating the Rangers in '97
-Primeau in 5 OTs
-Brind'Amour raising the cup
-The entire 2010 playoffs
-

Old
05-31-2010, 06:26 PM
phillyfanatic

Awesome moments- primeau and boston game 7 for me

Awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0range and Black View Post

Favorite Team(s): Flyers, Phantoms

Favorite Player(s): Mark Howe, Ron Hextall, Dave Poulin, Brian Propp, Eric Lindros, Rod Brind'Amour, Simone Gagne, Mike Richards, Chris Pronger

NHL08 Top Line: I was more the 3 player Sega Hockey where you could check the guy your buddy was fighting.

Flyers fan since: Birth

Top moments:
-Game 6 in 1987
-Revenge Game 5 vs Tampa
-Roenick vs Toronto
-12 rows off the trash covered DC ice for Lupul in OT
-OT win to start off Phillies Parade Weekend
-2005 Calder Cup
-Beating the Rangers in '97
-Primeau in 5 OTs
-Brind'Amour raising the cup
-The entire 2010 playoffs
-

Old
06-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Winchester

Location: Radnor, PA. The boys team at my high school was decent and at least one of the kids will make it into the NHL (Colby Cohen, signed by the Avalanche this spring) so that's kinda nifty.

Favorite Team(s): Flyers, Phillies, Nittany Lions; to a lesser extent the Eagles

Least Favorite Teams(s): Penguins, Devils, Leafs

Favorite Player(s): Ron Hextall, Rod Brind'Amour, Mike Richards, Keith Jones, and Tie Domi (KIDDING!!!)

NHL08 Top Line: I'm female; I don't 'get' video games.

Flyers fan since: Basically my Mom hated hockey until she actually saw some. Before that it was all 'hockey is too violent and you can't follow the puck,' so we never watched it. I think Fox had that silly thing where they highlighted the puck in blue - couldn't stand that now, but as someone watching for the first time it did help. Anyway, from some point in 1998 onward my Mom and I watched pretty much every game.

Old
06-03-2010, 04:13 PM
CharlieGirl
Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchester View Post

Location: Radnor, PA. The boys team at my high school was decent and at least one of the kids will make it into the NHL (Colby Cohen, signed by the Avalanche this spring) so that's kinda nifty.

Favorite Team(s): Flyers, Phillies, Nittany Lions; to a lesser extent the Eagles
Welcome to the zoo! We can always use another female around here!

Old
06-03-2010, 04:21 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:

Least Favorite Teams(s): Penguins, Devils, Leafs

Favorite Player(s): Ron Hextall, Rod Brind'Amour, Mike Richards, Keith Jones, and Tie Domi (KIDDING!!!)

NHL08 Top Line: I'm female; I don't 'get' video games.

Flyers fan since: Basically my Mom hated hockey until she actually saw some. Before that it was all 'hockey is too violent and you can't follow the puck,' so we never watched it. I think Fox had that silly thing where they highlighted the puck in blue - couldn't stand that now, but as someone watching for the first time it did help. Anyway, from some point in 1998 onward my Mom and I watched pretty much every game.
IIRC, he only played his freshman year at Radnor.

Old
06-03-2010, 08:47 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 450
We still have the NHL 08 question? Perhaps bump that to NHL 10?

I hate the "I can't follow the puck" excuse. If one watches baseball, do you watch the ball when its in play?

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
06-03-2010, 09:58 PM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

I actually understand the "I can't follow the puck" excuse just fine...that is, for people who have only watched on tv. And I think the advent of HD has made it easier for me to come to understand. I have a 50" plasma with a beautiful picture for hockey...I could never accept someone saying they can't follow the puck if they're watching hockey on my tv or one similar. But I have to admit...when I get put into the rare position these days of having to watch hockey in standard def on a more normal size tv, you seriously do lose sight of the puck often. And this is coming from someone who has been watching and playing virtually my entire life. I guess back when standard def on crappy tvs was the only thing available, I just adjusted and got used to it...but going back to it now is just a nightmare. Even on some of the newer HD tvs...some of them just aren't that conducive to fast moving sports, and the puck can really be a blur a lot of the time. In general though, I definitely think HD and all of the gigantic tvs available now is a bigger help to hockey than any other major sport...for the precise reason of it typically being much easier to never lose sight of the puck now.

But anyway, welcome to all the newcomers. It's interesting to see how many people note the "Legion of Doom" as a major reason they came to be a big Flyers fan. I just read a couple people saying that, and am pretty sure I recall it being said often in some of the browsing of this thread I've done in the past.

Old
06-03-2010, 10:33 PM
Flyers93

Quote:
Quote:
I'm probably the wrong person to ask.... I hate the Knights more than any other team on earth.
I've always disliked Kane, even in junior. I don't see much OHL hockey, just parts of games once in a while on Sportsnet. I was kinda glad we got JVR over him, even though one of the acts JVR pulled in Ottawa pissed me off. (Was against Canada, so maybe I overreacted to it a bit at the time, but still.) I thought he was kind of a flounderer or *****, he proved to me otherwise this year. Took a lot of abuse this season and always shook it off well.

Old
06-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Winchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
IIRC, he only played his freshman year at Radnor.
Yeah, then he went off and played in the USHL. I never knew Colby since I was three grades ahead, but I did know his older brother. He was short and occasionally annoying. Heh.

Old
06-06-2010, 07:19 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Yeah, then he went off and played in the USHL. I never knew Colby since I was three grades ahead, but I did know his older brother. He was short and occasionally annoying. Heh.
Occasionally?

Old
06-09-2010, 06:26 PM
OMGAGNE

Hey

Favorite Team(s): Flyers, Eagles, Penn State

Least Favorite Teams(s): Penguins, Rangers

Favorite Player(s): Claude Giroux, Mike Richards, Keith Primeau, Scotty Upshall, Jeff Carter, Blair Betts, Antero Niittymaki (hard one to explain, just always seemed like a great guy)...lets be real,as long as you're not Lindros what Flyer can't make this list?

Flyers fan since: Pretty much birth. My dad is hardcore Flyers so I've been brought up on a strong diet of Flyers.

Old
06-10-2010, 10:31 PM
kmblue

Name: KM

Favorite Team(s): Flyers

Most Hated Team(s): Penguins, Rangers, Devils, Red Wings, Caps

Favorite Player(s): Keith Primeau, Rod Brind'Amour, Ron Hextall, Eric Desjardins, Sami Kapanen, Mike Richards, Simon Gagne, Chris Pronger, Danny Briere

Most Hated Player(s): Matt Cooke, Colton Orr, Dany Heatley, Max Talbot, Mike Greene, Scott Stevens, Chris Chelios, Matthew Barnaby, Jason Spezza. Sean Avery makes me LOL too much to be on this list.

Flyers fan since: 1996. It was the middle of the 95-96 season, Eagles season was over and my brother and I decided to turn on channel 57, saw the Flyers playing and were fans ever since. We were the only black kids in North Philly who rooted for the Flyers when we were growing up and we're still bleeding black and orange.

I went to PSU and I became stronger in the faith after dealing with all of the Rangers/Pens/Devils fans. The strike really made me turn out the NHL for a while but I've been back watching since 07-08. I've been lurking but I've never joined because of my playoff superstitions (only look after wins, avoid after losses).

Old
06-10-2010, 10:38 PM
CharlieGirl
Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGAGNE View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmblue View Post
Name: KM

Welcome to the zoo!

Old
06-10-2010, 10:42 PM
SeanL44
Welcome to Hellbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrilladelphia View Post
Name: Ian

Favorite Team(s): Flyers & Oilers

Most Hated Team(s): Penguins & Flames

Favorite Player(s):Claude Giroux, Chris Pronger, Ian Laperriere, Ales Hemsky, Alexei Kovalev, Ryan Smyth

Most Hated Player(s): Matt Cooke, Cory Perry, Jarkko Ruutu, Maxim Lapierre, Brooks Orpik

Flyers fan since: 1997 What a fantastic year for that right? I had been watching since birth but didn't really have any allegiance to any team until the Legion of Doom. Although I originally was an Oilers fan because of Anson Carter, Mike Grier, and Georges Laraque but since the late 90's i've been a diehard flyers fan.
Welcome my close friend Ian

or as I like to call him THE EBONY VEIL

Old
06-10-2010, 11:03 PM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

More newbies ... welcome to all. Now you have the offseason to get in shape for camp in September. Remember, the posts all count starting Oct. 7.

Also, we sometimes connect on Facebook. We also have a page there, though it doesn't get the traffic you'll find here.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...&v=wall&ref=ts

And many of us are on each other's friends lists.

Last edited by Murphy7: 06-11-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old
06-13-2010, 02:27 PM
rossbrew*

Hey everybody...great to be here with all these passionate Flyers fans! I'm originally from Winnipeg but live in Burnaby/Vancouver now...been a Flyers fan since the first Cup when I was little as alot of the key players during the Cup run were from around my neck of the woods- ie. Clarke, Leach, Shero...
That Kane goal will forever devastate me until the next Cup win which I"m hoping will be pronto...
Also, to prove my craziness, I just bought one of those Meigray Flyers Stanley Cup Finals jerseys...don't ask how much I paid because it was a crazy thing I did...I got Gagne's white jersey by the way...haven't got it yet...
Anyways, I hope Homer can make some moves although I know the Cap is a *****...anyways, welcome y'all!

Old
06-15-2010, 05:24 PM
Mylec 22

I have been lurking here for a few years, and I'm glad to have finally joined. There are some really cool posters who have good insight here. I just hope I don't make a fool of myself too much

Location:: Florida (it sucks here) / Born and raised in Philly

Favorite Team(s): Flyers

Least favorite team(s): Pens and Lightning

Favorite Player(s) Tocchet, Brind'Amour, Lindros, Richards, Briere and Giroux

NHL 2000 PC online retired veteran

Flyers fan since: As long as I can remember. When we won the cup the first time, I was 4. I had an eye problem and had to wear an eye patch on one of my lenses. My Mom painted the Flyers logo on it and one day soon after we won that first cup, she took me down to where a few of the Flyers were for an appearance. A few of them were able to initial it (the patch was tiny lol). Dave Shultz signed it and his name is the only one that you can barely make out.

Here is a recent picture (from a crappy cell phone) of that 1974 eye patch:

Last edited by Mylec 22: 06-15-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old
06-15-2010, 05:30 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylec 22 View Post
I just hope I don't make a fool of myself too much
If you're not, you're not having fun.

Old
06-15-2010, 05:32 PM
Mylec 22