HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Metropolit off to Europe?

Old
05-28-2010, 11:05 AM
Lucius

vCash: 500
He didn't say we're cutting ties with Moore cause he sucks, it said the team cannot afford him.

...probably correct too. We only have 11 million room and, if their agents get their way, Plekanec and Halak could well consume the bulk of that.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 11:10 AM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Belanger is a good option as well. The only reason I'd give more attention to Malhotra is because he's bigger at 6'2.

The only downside with Belanger as our 3rd line center is that Gomez, Plekanec and Belanger are all 5'11.
good point

just checked Belanger FO% in the playoff agaisnt us

61,1%
62,5%
50,0%
63,2%
58,8%
73,3%
85,7%

Last edited by Quarantesix: 05-28-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 11:10 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
If we can sign Malhotra, then letting Moore go won't be hard.
Malhotra should be more expensive than Moore, though.

The scrapheap had some good stuff on it last year, though. I liked what Betts was doing on the PK too. Without spending too many pennies, one could have really solidifed one's bottom-6 there. I wonder if we'll have as much opportunity this year...

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 11:15 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Malhotra should be more expensive than Moore, though.

The scrapheap had some good stuff on it last year, though. I liked what Betts was doing on the PK too. Without spending too many pennies, one could have really solidifed one's bottom-6 there. I wonder if we'll have as much opportunity this year...
There are still some good options.

Malhotra
Burish
Armstrong(expensive)
Nystrom
Torres(will be expensive, not really a botom 6 player, defensive game isn't that great)
Belanger
Cooke
Slater
Mair

Also nothing stops us from trading for these players because they don't really cost much.

Last edited by Andy: 05-28-2010 at 11:20 AM.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 11:19 AM
Darth Joker

I don't see why Moore should cost all that much.

Moore had by far his best offensive showing two years ago, split between Toronto and Buffalo. And even with those numbers going into the 2009 free agent season, he only got a $1.1 million one year contract from Florida.

So why would he get more this offseason as compared to last? We should be able to bring him back for more or less what he made last year.

So, unless we're going to have a 3rd line center getting the league minimum, we're not going to save a whole lot by letting Moore go anyway.

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 11:56 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
I don't see why Moore should cost all that much.

Moore had by far his best offensive showing two years ago, split between Toronto and Buffalo. And even with those numbers going into the 2009 free agent season, he only got a $1.1 million one year contract from Florida.

So why would he get more this offseason as compared to last? We should be able to bring him back for more or less what he made last year.
Well that's what I say. And after last season's close call for him, maybe he doesn't want the uncertainty and insecurity anymore. In which case, I think he's young enough and trustworthy enough to offer a 3-year deal. $3.3M/3yrs... same salary. Supposedly he wanted $2M or more last year. But his numbers this year aren't going to impress anybody. Without his resurrection and playoff visibility in Montreal, he was probably in line for only a paycut in the Florida burying grounds.

In which case, $1.1M is something we can afford for our 3rd line center, not a problem.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 11:59 AM
Mue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Well that's what I say. And after last season's close call for him, maybe he doesn't want the uncertainty and insecurity anymore. In which case, I think he's young enough and trustworthy enough to offer a 3-year deal. $3.3M/3yrs... same salary. Supposedly he wanted $2M or more last year. But his numbers this year aren't going to impress anybody. Without his resurrection and playoff visibility in Montreal, he was probably in line for only a paycut in the Florida burying grounds.
I really hope this is the case. A three year deal around his current salary would be ideal, IMO.

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 01:25 PM
De Montreal
help

Metropolit is really fun! Wish him the best!

De Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 03:07 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
He asked 2M in 2008-9 after scoring 41 points in 63 games with the Leafs (pace of 53 points).

I really like Moore but this season: 28 points in 69 games (pace of 33 points) is nothing worthy of 2M.

In PO, he scored significant points but 5 points in 19 games is not so big (pace of 21 points).

At the same salary, I think we should keep him.

If not, we can find another player around 1M who can do the job.

Yea I find it wierd that Hickey is writing off resigning moore so quickly. I doubt he commands more than 1.5 million. I think we can and hope we keep him.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 05:22 PM
Crystal Met

I wish him the best, he was such a great guy. He did more than anybody expected, and played through injury...thanks and good luck glen!!

Crystal Met is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 05:28 PM
AntonCH

IMHO

You try to sign Moore at 1.5 million for two reasons
1) He played well and seems to be a definite fit on this team

2) With the uncertainty of Pleks, at least you have an option at center
not a great option, but an option none the less

AntonCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 08:51 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
If we can sign Malhotra, then letting Moore go won't be hard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
I hope we sign Belanger for the 3rd line, he is a faceoff beast and he was one of the best forward for the Caps in the series against us
Either, or are good options.

Moore would be nice to keep, but one of those guys are better options.

I'm sure Metro would get an offer from somewhere. Though, he might be able to get a solid offer in the KHL ?

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 11:06 PM
mvp76

Wish Metro the best if that's the case..he was a warrior since we picked him up.
You just know he was playing hurt in the playoffs, gave everything for the team

mvp76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 11:29 PM
TankEller*

I would not consider "The Gazette" a reference after the trash I read out there last June before the UFA market.

"Habs to be quiet"
"Do not expect the Habs to make a lot of noise"

I don't quite remember who exactly wrote the article I'm talking about, but boy were they wrong, and boy were they naive/stupid to think there would be nothing.

There are not leaks with Gauthier. We'll learn what his intentions are when it happens. From what he said though, I think he'll consider offers for both of his goaltenders, and will try to fill a couple of holes in the lineup to replace those who didn't do what they were supposed to do.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote