HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

North Dakota Fighting Sioux

Closed Thread

Old
05-09-2010, 09:02 PM
Dakota Sioux

vCash: 250
Looks like Toews and Fienhage will be leaving the team and go play in Canada.Can't say that I blame them.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even.../group/Sports/

Old
05-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Dakota Sioux

INCH picks the Sioux. Does this mean anything? No but the Sioux will be contenders for the NC.
http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/...-11-the-teams/

Old
05-12-2010, 06:49 AM
Dakota Sioux

Man how I hope this rule to only have half shields somehow passes.I have been saying this for years.Take the full face masks come off and you won't see so many 5'8" tough guys anymore.

http://www.uscho.com/news/college-ho...byHowMuch.html

Old
05-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Dakota Sioux

Old
05-19-2010, 08:49 PM
Dakota Sioux

136 days till the puck drops.

Old
05-24-2010, 07:53 PM
Dakota Sioux

Derek Forbort is good against the forecheck, as he has a very low panic point. He reads plays well and makes good, crisp passes. Forbort also has a good, heavy shot.
http://nhl.fanhouse.com/2010/05/24/h...outing-report/

Old
05-28-2010, 05:25 PM
Dakota Sioux

Sioux get another BCHL player.
http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/?blog=79591

Old
05-28-2010, 05:39 PM
sbkbghockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
Man how I hope this rule to only have half shields somehow passes.I have been saying this for years.Take the full face masks come off and you won't see so many 5'8" tough guys anymore.

http://www.uscho.com/news/college-ho...byHowMuch.html
Hope not, lot's of schools (and DIII schools don't have big staff like the major college hockey programs (i.e team doctors and dentists) land like I belive the major Jr teams do.

I don't think players are choosing between the NCAA and Major Jr. because they're choosing the cage or visor. If College Hockey Inc keeps raising the the overall profile of college hockey that'll be more successful than taking away the cage. Also college hockey rosters are set and unlike major jr and pro hockey there's no call ups if more players are injured (ie increase in facial and teeth injuries)

Old
05-28-2010, 09:24 PM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkbghockey View Post
Hope not, lot's of schools (and DIII schools don't have big staff like the major college hockey programs (i.e team doctors and dentists) land like I belive the major Jr teams do.

I don't think players are choosing between the NCAA and Major Jr. because they're choosing the cage or visor. If College Hockey Inc keeps raising the the overall profile of college hockey that'll be more successful than taking away the cage. Also college hockey rosters are set and unlike major jr and pro hockey there's no call ups if more players are injured (ie increase in facial and teeth injuries)
I disagree.I played high school hockey back in the late 70's and my senior year we were forced to wear cages.The sticks automatically came up and everybody was a tough guy. I've had my share of stitches and a broken nose but hey it's hockey.I just think it would clean up some of the cheap stuff after the whistle and if they want to drop the gloves let em do it.These guys who think they are tough with the cages on would think otherwise.

Old
05-28-2010, 11:50 PM
sbkbghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
I disagree.I played high school hockey back in the late 70's and my senior year we were forced to wear cages.The sticks automatically came up and everybody was a tough guy. I've had my share of stitches and a broken nose but hey it's hockey.I just think it would clean up some of the cheap stuff after the whistle and if they want to drop the gloves let em do it.These guys who think they are tough with the cages on would think otherwise.
70s are a lot different from today! There's not as much sticks coming up as people think and right now when it does it's not a big deal but when your star player is spilling blood all over the ice it's going to be a bigger deal. shots are a lot harder now with extensive training, new lighter stick tech, etc... and those lighter sticks are awesome for shots, controlling the puck, etc.. but they also tend to break a lot easier than wood. Another thing- teams like Nodak and some of the larger hockey schools have extensive training staff and team doctors but some of the smaller schools and DIII schools don't have nearly as much resources to cover extra doctors, dental work, and other facial injuries.

Old
05-29-2010, 07:58 AM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkbghockey View Post
70s are a lot different from today! There's not as much sticks coming up as people think and right now when it does it's not a big deal but when your star player is spilling blood all over the ice it's going to be a bigger deal. shots are a lot harder now with extensive training, new lighter stick tech, etc... and those lighter sticks are awesome for shots, controlling the puck, etc.. but they also tend to break a lot easier than wood. Another thing- teams like Nodak and some of the larger hockey schools have extensive training staff and team doctors but some of the smaller schools and DIII schools don't have nearly as much resources to cover extra doctors, dental work, and other facial injuries.
I understand your arguement totally but I am just old school and it's hard for me to change that. Just the way it will be with me.

Old
05-29-2010, 11:34 AM
Count of DannyKristo

Is Brock Nelson coming this year or does he have to play a year in the USHL first?

Old
05-29-2010, 12:46 PM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadfast View Post
Is Brock Nelson coming this year or does he have to play a year in the USHL first?
Haven't heard what he has decided yet.50/50 going either way.I will post on here as soon as I find out.

Old
05-29-2010, 03:44 PM
deanosaur

Can someone here explain to me the whole name situation?
I understand its supposed to be changed now? (which is soooo stupid, a lot of other names in sports should be changed with it, not just one you know what I mean).
Whats the situation with the arena? someone told me part of the deal with the arena that the name wasn't supposed to get changed. Now it is, so what happens now with it?

Old
05-30-2010, 11:01 AM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
Originally Posted by deangamblin View Post
Can someone here explain to me the whole name situation?
I understand its supposed to be changed now? (which is soooo stupid, a lot of other names in sports should be changed with it, not just one you know what I mean).
Whats the situation with the arena? someone told me part of the deal with the arena that the name wasn't supposed to get changed. Now it is, so what happens now with it?
All the info you need on the name change can be found here.

http://forum.siouxsports.com/index.php?showforum=2

Old
06-06-2010, 07:57 AM
Dakota Sioux

Another Forbort article.
http://www.hockeyjournal.com/news/20...rbortwould.php

Old
06-06-2010, 01:14 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

What about the rumor of an outdoor game next season?

Old
06-06-2010, 01:57 PM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
What about the rumor of an outdoor game next season?
Haven't heard anything about it.

Old
06-06-2010, 01:58 PM
Dakota Sioux

After reading this I have a feeling Nelson will be in a Sioux jersey this fall.
http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....prospect-brock

Old
06-06-2010, 05:06 PM
Dakota Sioux

Another Sioux name article.
http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...cle/id/164180/

Old
06-07-2010, 06:36 PM
timekeep

You guys are getting a gem next year in Dillon Simpson from Edmonton. Watch for him, he should be drafted next year in the 2nd round.

I hope that you will not lose your name, that is brutal, I have always loved that logo and name. Traditionally one of the nicest jerseys in all of hockey.

Old
06-07-2010, 09:15 PM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
Originally Posted by timekeep View Post
You guys are getting a gem next year in Dillon Simpson from Edmonton. Watch for him, he should be drafted next year in the 2nd round.

I hope that you will not lose your name, that is brutal, I have always loved that logo and name. Traditionally one of the nicest jerseys in all of hockey.
I hear Simpson was wanted by alot of junior teams but went with the Sioux which is good for us.Looking forward to watching him at the Ralph this coming season.I have heard he needs to work on his foot speed but knows what to do when he has the puck.Hope he sticks around for more than 2 years.

Old
06-09-2010, 10:18 PM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

Toews wins the Conn Smythe and the Stanley Cup!!!

If I would have known 4-5 years ago when I was in class with Johnny that he was going to go on to Captain a Cup winning team and win the Conn Smythe so quickly, man I would have done SO MUCH more to talk with him. Great job Johnny and the Hawks

Old
06-14-2010, 04:42 PM
hockeygeek
Rejisturd User

Can someone who watches the fighting sioux hockey team give their opinion on Andrew Macwilliam and Matt Frattin?

Old
06-14-2010, 07:02 PM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygeek View Post
Can someone who watches the fighting sioux hockey team give their opinion on Andrew Macwilliam and Matt Frattin?
MacWilliam had a pretty steady year.Nothing flashy.He doesn't panic with the puck.Very physical but stays in control.Needs improvement on his shot but his passing is above average.
Frattin has an NHL shot be it a wrister or slap shot.Above average speed with a bit of a mean streak.Gives 110% every shift.He will be in the NHL someday.Looking forward to seeing both of them again at the Ralph this coming year.

Closed Thread