HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A Big FU to Bill Laurie From Blues Fans Everywhere - Pronger

Old
05-24-2010, 11:27 PM
theRedAce9*

vCash: 500
A Big FU to Bill Laurie From Blues Fans Everywhere - Pronger

And somewhere, as Chris Pronger leads his team into yet another SCF's Bill Laurie laughs at miserable Blues fans suffering through their "rebuild" with Eric Brewer to show for it. Wow thanks, Bill, you're a great man. Guess Wife's Daddy's Money couldn't buy you an ounce of class.

theRedAce9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 12:13 AM
Parrish

Send a message via MSN to Parrish
I just hope the Blues learned from this. If Johnson is ever 1/2 the player Pronger is we will keep him.

Parrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 12:56 AM
BDEuph
Hotty Toddy

I really want to use my "Bang Head Here" sign, how awesome would our team be with Pronger in out top 4. I now boycott wal mart until we het our Cup...well kinda.

BDEuph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 10:01 PM
intangible

You've all conveniently forgotten when Pronger turned into a huge ***** and stopped trying for the Blues. He needed a change of scenery; keeping him wouldn't have resulted in the same success he's currently having with Philly.

intangible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 02:00 PM
DrVanntastic

vCash: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by intangible View Post
You've all conveniently forgotten when Pronger turned into a huge ***** and stopped trying for the Blues. He needed a change of scenery; keeping him wouldn't have resulted in the same success he's currently having with Philly.
I don't remember this... maybe you can refresh my memory as to when this happened.

DrVanntastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 03:33 PM
STL fan in IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by theRedAce9 View Post
And somewhere, as Chris Pronger leads his team into yet another SCF's Bill Laurie laughs at miserable Blues fans suffering through their "rebuild" with Eric Brewer to show for it. Wow thanks, Bill, you're a great man. Guess Wife's Daddy's Money couldn't buy you an ounce of class.
I would think that Laurie isn't "laughing" as his stupidity didn't just screw us fans, it really hurt his pocketbook as well. His multitude of mistakes cost him while he owned the team and even more when he went to sell it...not that he's likely living in a van down by the river nowadays by any means. He's still probably plenty "rich". Good riddance to him.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 09:43 PM
intangible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noteman View Post
I don't remember this... maybe you can refresh my memory as to when this happened.
Were you not watching back in 00-01? Here's a refresher: In late 2001, Pronger breaks his left arm. This is right after he comes back from knee surgery. He's ready for 01-02, only to come back with a "sore wrist" and immediately becomes a huge *****. You'll notice, however, that he has 120 PIM in that season. You don't remember that season as being the year of horrible Pronger penalties? And this isn't even modern era with the interference and holding calls; Pronger was frustrated all season from a hurting wrist and hurting, slowing legs. He would take some of the most horrendous penalties, putting the team in bad spots. He ended up having knee surgery AGAIN at the end of that year.

He then missed almost all of 02-03 with knee and wrist surgeries AGAIN. Multiple surgeries, if I remember correctly.

He finally came back for a full 03-04 season without the bad penalties (in general), but now also without the physicality we had gotten used to in his hayday back in 95-00. Sure, he had his PIM, but the timely hits and the heart was gone.

So he went to Edmonton, where he did much of the same, but this time with a *****ing wife.

Old
05-27-2010, 02:02 AM
DrVanntastic

vCash: 630
Quote:
Were you not watching back in 00-01? Here's a refresher: In late 2001, Pronger breaks his left arm. This is right after he comes back from knee surgery. He's ready for 01-02, only to come back with a "sore wrist" and immediately becomes a huge *****. You'll notice, however, that he has 120 PIM in that season. You don't remember that season as being the year of horrible Pronger penalties? And this isn't even modern era with the interference and holding calls; Pronger was frustrated all season from a hurting wrist and hurting, slowing legs. He would take some of the most horrendous penalties, putting the team in bad spots. He ended up having knee surgery AGAIN at the end of that year.

He then missed almost all of 02-03 with knee and wrist surgeries AGAIN. Multiple surgeries, if I remember correctly.

He finally came back for a full 03-04 season without the bad penalties (in general), but now also without the physicality we had gotten used to in his hayday back in 95-00. Sure, he had his PIM, but the timely hits and the heart was gone.

So he went to Edmonton, where he did much of the same, but this time with a *****ing wife.
You are REALLY reaching here. So Pronger coming back after a few years of injuries and playing more disciplined hockey, all the while putting up the best offensive numbers he had put up since his Hart/Norris season... and your arguing that he stopped trying. The only knock against him would be his -1... but that could have just as much to do with the fact that the team was only scoring 2.33 goals per game. The team itself had the 7th fewest shots against per game that season. Unfortunately, the NHL wasn't tracking hits or blocked shots then(if they were, they don't have them on NHL.com).

DrVanntastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2010, 10:03 PM
intangible

Yeah, he did stop trying to do his job as a DEFENSEman. He became a relatively "regular" defenseman instead of the nasty defenseman with heart we once had. I think the change in scenery -- to Anaheim and Philly, not Edmonton -- did his career some good.

Old
05-27-2010, 10:08 PM
RobertKron

Quote:

Wait, so the guy sucks because he got hurt a bunch and, or at least it seems, played hurt for a long period of time? You're surprised that it took him time to regain his physical edge and mean-ness after being hampered by injuries and multiple surgeries for a couple whole seasons?

"Much of the same" meaning "carried a team to the SCF?"

RobertKron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 09:12 PM
intangible

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW View Post
Wait, so the guy sucks because he got hurt a bunch and, or at least it seems, played hurt for a long period of time?
....is this really a question? I mean, if a guy sucks, he sucks. I don't care the reason why. But I didn't think he really sucked, per say, but rather that he didn't try as much as he did, and his physical dominance was over. A change of scenery was very good for him.

Old
05-29-2010, 02:23 AM
Parrish

Send a message via MSN to Parrish
I think you are jumping to conclusions. I don't ever remember Pronger being a lazy player for this team. He had a battle with injury's. So what any physical player will.

Kariya this last season is what you call a lazy player that quit on his team and milked inurys while he was here. There is a big difference.

Parrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 08:24 AM
SteenMachine

Quote:
....is this really a question? I mean, if a guy sucks, he sucks. I don't care the reason why. But I didn't think he really sucked, per say, but rather that he didn't try as much as he did, and his physical dominance was over. A change of scenery was very good for him.
Yeah screw that MacInnis guy, who takes pucks to the eye ball! At least Tkachuk can score with his teeth, these ******* need to suck it up and actually play well instead of all this "rehab" ********!

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote