HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leblanc Thread (Update-Q Rights traded to M.Junior)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-29-2010, 02:44 PM
  #101
parachutist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce514 View Post
He might no be accepted without a scholarship to havard......And if he is , I' m not sure he can spend 76K/ years.....
Actually I'm pretty sure I heard he has to pay for school fees at Harvard, just like all his other teammates. Something about Ivy League Colleges not giving athletic scholarships...

parachutist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 02:51 PM
  #102
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce514 View Post
He was accepted with a scholarship.......if he quit for the AHL and realised in 2-3 years that he can't make the NHL , they might not accpet him again.The feed don't worrie me at all ( havard can loan the amount) but right now is fees are free......and sayind he has as NHL career aheed is prematured.
He can always come back in Harvard as long as he did one semester. It's clause with the university, this was talking about last summer when he first decided to go there.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 02:56 PM
  #103
Habnot
 
Habnot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by parachutist View Post
Actually I'm pretty sure I heard he has to pay for school fees at Harvard, just like all his other teammates. Something about Ivy League Colleges not giving athletic scholarships...


- If you would of seen Harvard play last year (which I did) - you would understand why he needs to leave to focus on hockey. Ivy League is second rate caliber and Harvard has an awful team.
- After one year at Harvard your are eligible to defer and return at a later date.
- Ivy Leagues do not offer full scholarship but financial aid that you need to apply after every year. Not sure how much Leblanc is paying, but he is not on a free ride. Once he signs his entry level contract that should be a one way deal that should pay him around 2 mill. annually with bonuses, paying his own way at Harvard is not a big deal. And BTW we are talkin under 50K a year not the absurd 76K stated.
- From the horse's mouth, the first choice is to play AHL next year. The Leblanc clan believe that there is nothing to gain playing at the CHL level since Leblanc played against 24 year olds last year that were physically developed.


Last edited by Habs10Habs: 05-29-2010 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary comment
Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 02:58 PM
  #104
vokiel
I hate blind passes
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 7,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce514 View Post
He was accepted with a scholarship.......if he quit for the AHL and realised in 2-3 years that he can't make the NHL , they might not accpet him again.The feed don't worrie me at all ( havard can loan the amount) but right now is fees are free......and sayind he has as NHL career aheed is prematured.
So basically you live life and plan for the worst on every single opportunity right? I'm sorry I just don't agree with that kind of philosophy and I went to university and know exactly what I'm talking about. Why would someone even going to Harvard with that kind of logic? What if it's too hard? For that matter why would someone even bother with hockey at all at a young age, what if he never makes it.

So I get it. You didn't like the pick, and you just hint at every opportunity you have that he'll be bust. Well good for you. I hope he doesn't take life advice from your posts honestly because that would make a him graded A bust/bum indeed.

You need A LOT MORE AMBITION in life than that (specially when you're drafted in the 1st round of the NHL draft ffs), and with that I'm out.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 03:06 PM
  #105
Habnot
 
Habnot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by parachutist View Post
Why did you quote me? I pretty much said the same thing you did: Louis Leblanc is not on a scholarship and has to pay for school.
You were just the last response of the thread at the time.

Also not exactly true what you said, you said he has to pay for school which is not exactly true. Depending on the family situation or of they really want you to play, you can pretty much pay as little as a couple of K's.

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 03:09 PM
  #106
parachutist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
You were just the last response of the thread at the time.

Also not exactly true what you said, you said he has to pay for school which is not exactly true. Depending on the family situation or of they really want you to play, you can pretty much pay as little as a couple of K's.
Ok thanks, I thought you were calling me a retard.

parachutist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 03:09 PM
  #107
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles
 
Beaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In The Lab.
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,410
vCash: 500
I was never sold on Leblanc, and I'm still not. At the draft, when the Leblanc chant started, I wasn't very happy... I'll stay hopeful though. I'll watch him more in the AHL and try to convince myself otherwise.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 03:22 PM
  #108
Galchenyuk94
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,584
vCash: 500
I'm a huge LL fan, he grew up 5 mins away from me, and I was stoked when we drafted him.

I'm sure he hit the weights last season, and will train alot this summer. I hope Boucher stays a few more years and shows Louis the ropes. But I also wouldn't mind Chicoutimi trading him to Montreal, then I could go see him play.

Although I wouldn't be pissed if he stayed in Harvard either.

Galchenyuk94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 03:23 PM
  #109
Bieber fever
Registered User
 
Bieber fever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westmount
Posts: 5,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
- If you would of seen Harvard play last year (which I did) - you would understand why he needs to leave to focus on hockey. Ivy League is second rate caliber and Harvard has an awful team.
- After one year at Harvard your are eligible to defer and return at a later date.
- Ivy Leagues do not offer full scholarship but financial aid that you need to apply after every year. Not sure how much Leblanc is paying, but he is not on a free ride. Once he signs his entry level contract that should be a one way deal that should pay him around 2 mill. annually with bonuses, paying his own way at Harvard is not a big deal. And BTW we are talkin under 50K a year not the absurd 76K stated.
- From the horse's mouth, the first choice is to play AHL next year. The Leblanc clan believe that there is nothing to gain playing at the CHL level since Leblanc played against 24 year olds last year that were physically developed.

I'm sure Fisher and mcdonaugh are very happy with the milions in their bank account.


Last edited by Habs10Habs: 05-29-2010 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Edited quoted post
Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 03:24 PM
  #110
Galchenyuk94
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,584
vCash: 500
By the way, for all you guys not sold on him, you should've seen him play for LSL. Unreal.

Then the best player on his team in the USHL, then the best player on his team for Harvard.

Best player everywhere he goes, yet some people still doubt him

Galchenyuk94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 03:26 PM
  #111
Bieber fever
Registered User
 
Bieber fever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westmount
Posts: 5,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardo View Post
By the way, for all you guys not sold on him, you should've seen him play for LSL. Unreal.

Then the best player on his team in the USHL, then the best player on his team for Harvard.

Best player everywhere he goes, yet some people still doubt him
Best player in the WJC........oh wait.

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 03:28 PM
  #112
Mue
Registered User
 
Mue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,981
vCash: 500
Has this been posted yet?

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...7_accueil_POS2

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 03:34 PM
  #113
Zeroknowledge*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Facing a PC
Posts: 1,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
I was never sold on Leblanc, and I'm still not. At the draft, when the Leblanc chant started, I wasn't very happy... I'll stay hopeful though. I'll watch him more in the AHL and try to convince myself otherwise.
I was there also and was hoping for Kreider or Josefson, oh well hope LL proves me wrong.

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 03:46 PM
  #114
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Exactly. John Carlson didn't get selected for Team USA as an 18 year old and then he scored the gold medal winning goal as a 19 year old and finished the year playing in the NHL playoffs.
I am SURE a year in the spotlight in London furthered that cause. The heavier schedule (sometimes 3 games in 2.5 days) and strong competition gets a guy noticed. Even then he could have been passed over (foolishly) for lesser college guys. Lately the US have been moving more to CHL guys though.

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 03:54 PM
  #115
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
Yeah, because playing 30 games a year sure is great for a young man to improve at hockey.

I'd rather him rush a little bit down there in the AHL for one year, and then start improving. He'll learn much more than he would while playing a 30 games in a weak division.
Yet having him burn out mid season will? You realize he'll be going from a league with little games/lesser competition + little travel fatigue to a league with a ton of games and pretty much max travel fatigue (they don't exactly have chartered flights in the AHL to get them from Hamilton to Manitoba) and much tougher competition. Again, I rather he goes to the Q.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 03:58 PM
  #116
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce514 View Post
Best player in the WJC........oh wait.
im sure you watch the flyers series, did you noticed how great Claude Giroux was ??


wait he didn't make team canada WJC at 18

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 04:21 PM
  #117
Bieber fever
Registered User
 
Bieber fever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westmount
Posts: 5,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
im sure you watch the flyers series, did you noticed how great Claude Giroux was ??


wait he didn't make team canada WJC at 18
IIRC vlasic & brassard didn't make Team Canada wjc.......(and chips made it haha).The fact taht he was cut it's not a proof that he's a bust, but it just confirmed my doubt about this guy.

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 04:48 PM
  #118
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardo View Post
By the way, for all you guys not sold on him, you should've seen him play for LSL. Unreal.

Then the best player on his team in the USHL, then the best player on his team for Harvard.

Best player everywhere he goes, yet some people still doubt him
He'll be a good player, but it's not hard to be the best player on Harvard. Also, Andrew Conboy did pretty good on the Lancers too.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 05:00 PM
  #119
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate
 
Chris Cutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Beauce
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,529
vCash: 500
Sometimes the people on HFBoards never cease to amaze me.

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 05:25 PM
  #120
HankyZetts
Twi2ted
 
HankyZetts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Sometimes the people on HFBoards never cease to amaze me.
That doesn't make sense.

HankyZetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 05:30 PM
  #121
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
...don't know where to begin

players who went through prep school at some point in their career

-Jonathan Toews
-Sidney Crosby
-Joe Pavelski
-Brian Gionta
-TJ Oshie
-Zack Parise
-thomas vanek
-Kyle Okposo
-David Backes
-Ryan Malone
-Keith Yandle

clearly their the worst at developping prospect
Ivy league schools then ? I call them (Harvard and crap) prep schools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy View Post
Hope he goes to the Q for a year dominates and likely play in the WJC. He could probably handle the AHL but prefer if they didn't rush him into pro.
If he wanted to play in the Q, he would have, Instead, he went and played for the Omaha Lancers. To me, it's clear he doesn't want to play in the Q

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 05:34 PM
  #122
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
i'll be happy if he leaves harvard. seems to me he plays in a weak division, and not all too often. I'd like to see his creativity shine through with better wingers. Also, has anyone seen him yet? I'm hoping he put on some muscle, dude looked like a skinny, birdman at the draft.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 06:36 PM
  #123
NHLfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 203
vCash: 500
Leblanc pick

I just hope he turns out to be a very good player. Imagine if Jordan caron becomes a better player? Remember when the Habs picked Eric Chouinard over Simon gagne?

NHLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 06:48 PM
  #124
JackZap
Registered User
 
JackZap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce514 View Post
IIRC vlasic & brassard didn't make Team Canada wjc.......(and chips made it haha).The fact taht he was cut it's not a proof that he's a bust, but it just confirmed my doubt about this guy.
Tyler Seguin didnt make it this year and Matt Duschene didnt make it last yr.

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 06:51 PM
  #125
TheBuriedHab
Registered User
 
TheBuriedHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
Tyler Seguin didnt make it this year and Matt Duschene didnt make it last yr.
Its his only way of giving himself proof that Louis will be a bust. Let him be.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.