HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leblanc Thread (Update-Q Rights traded to M.Junior)

Old
05-29-2010, 02:44 PM
parachutist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce514 View Post
He might no be accepted without a scholarship to havard......And if he is , I' m not sure he can spend 76K/ years.....
Actually I'm pretty sure I heard he has to pay for school fees at Harvard, just like all his other teammates. Something about Ivy League Colleges not giving athletic scholarships...

parachutist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 02:51 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
He was accepted with a scholarship.......if he quit for the AHL and realised in 2-3 years that he can't make the NHL , they might not accpet him again.The feed don't worrie me at all ( havard can loan the amount) but right now is fees are free......and sayind he has as NHL career aheed is prematured.
He can always come back in Harvard as long as he did one semester. It's clause with the university, this was talking about last summer when he first decided to go there.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 02:56 PM
Habnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by parachutist View Post
Actually I'm pretty sure I heard he has to pay for school fees at Harvard, just like all his other teammates. Something about Ivy League Colleges not giving athletic scholarships...

- If you would of seen Harvard play last year (which I did) - you would understand why he needs to leave to focus on hockey. Ivy League is second rate caliber and Harvard has an awful team.
- After one year at Harvard your are eligible to defer and return at a later date.
- Ivy Leagues do not offer full scholarship but financial aid that you need to apply after every year. Not sure how much Leblanc is paying, but he is not on a free ride. Once he signs his entry level contract that should be a one way deal that should pay him around 2 mill. annually with bonuses, paying his own way at Harvard is not a big deal. And BTW we are talkin under 50K a year not the absurd 76K stated.
- From the horse's mouth, the first choice is to play AHL next year. The Leblanc clan believe that there is nothing to gain playing at the CHL level since Leblanc played against 24 year olds last year that were physically developed.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 05-29-2010 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary comment
Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 02:58 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Quote:
He was accepted with a scholarship.......if he quit for the AHL and realised in 2-3 years that he can't make the NHL , they might not accpet him again.The feed don't worrie me at all ( havard can loan the amount) but right now is fees are free......and sayind he has as NHL career aheed is prematured.
So basically you live life and plan for the worst on every single opportunity right? I'm sorry I just don't agree with that kind of philosophy and I went to university and know exactly what I'm talking about. Why would someone even going to Harvard with that kind of logic? What if it's too hard? For that matter why would someone even bother with hockey at all at a young age, what if he never makes it.

So I get it. You didn't like the pick, and you just hint at every opportunity you have that he'll be bust. Well good for you. I hope he doesn't take life advice from your posts honestly because that would make a him graded A bust/bum indeed.

You need A LOT MORE AMBITION in life than that (specially when you're drafted in the 1st round of the NHL draft ffs), and with that I'm out.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 03:06 PM
Habnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by parachutist View Post
Why did you quote me? I pretty much said the same thing you did: Louis Leblanc is not on a scholarship and has to pay for school.
You were just the last response of the thread at the time.

Also not exactly true what you said, you said he has to pay for school which is not exactly true. Depending on the family situation or of they really want you to play, you can pretty much pay as little as a couple of K's.

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 03:09 PM
parachutist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
You were just the last response of the thread at the time.

Also not exactly true what you said, you said he has to pay for school which is not exactly true. Depending on the family situation or of they really want you to play, you can pretty much pay as little as a couple of K's.
Ok thanks, I thought you were calling me a retard.

parachutist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 03:09 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

I was never sold on Leblanc, and I'm still not. At the draft, when the Leblanc chant started, I wasn't very happy... I'll stay hopeful though. I'll watch him more in the AHL and try to convince myself otherwise.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 03:22 PM
Galchenyuk94

I'm a huge LL fan, he grew up 5 mins away from me, and I was stoked when we drafted him.

I'm sure he hit the weights last season, and will train alot this summer. I hope Boucher stays a few more years and shows Louis the ropes. But I also wouldn't mind Chicoutimi trading him to Montreal, then I could go see him play.

Although I wouldn't be pissed if he stayed in Harvard either.

Galchenyuk94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 03:23 PM
Bieber fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
- If you would of seen Harvard play last year (which I did) - you would understand why he needs to leave to focus on hockey. Ivy League is second rate caliber and Harvard has an awful team.
- After one year at Harvard your are eligible to defer and return at a later date.
- Ivy Leagues do not offer full scholarship but financial aid that you need to apply after every year. Not sure how much Leblanc is paying, but he is not on a free ride. Once he signs his entry level contract that should be a one way deal that should pay him around 2 mill. annually with bonuses, paying his own way at Harvard is not a big deal. And BTW we are talkin under 50K a year not the absurd 76K stated.
- From the horse's mouth, the first choice is to play AHL next year. The Leblanc clan believe that there is nothing to gain playing at the CHL level since Leblanc played against 24 year olds last year that were physically developed.

I'm sure Fisher and mcdonaugh are very happy with the milions in their bank account.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 05-29-2010 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Edited quoted post
Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 03:24 PM
Galchenyuk94

By the way, for all you guys not sold on him, you should've seen him play for LSL. Unreal.

Then the best player on his team in the USHL, then the best player on his team for Harvard.

Best player everywhere he goes, yet some people still doubt him

Galchenyuk94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 03:26 PM
Bieber fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardo View Post
By the way, for all you guys not sold on him, you should've seen him play for LSL. Unreal.

Then the best player on his team in the USHL, then the best player on his team for Harvard.

Best player in the WJC........oh wait.

Old
05-29-2010, 03:28 PM
Mue

Has this been posted yet?

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...7_accueil_POS2

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 03:34 PM
Zeroknowledge*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
I was never sold on Leblanc, and I'm still not. At the draft, when the Leblanc chant started, I wasn't very happy... I'll stay hopeful though. I'll watch him more in the AHL and try to convince myself otherwise.
I was there also and was hoping for Kreider or Josefson, oh well hope LL proves me wrong.

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 03:46 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Exactly. John Carlson didn't get selected for Team USA as an 18 year old and then he scored the gold medal winning goal as a 19 year old and finished the year playing in the NHL playoffs.
I am SURE a year in the spotlight in London furthered that cause. The heavier schedule (sometimes 3 games in 2.5 days) and strong competition gets a guy noticed. Even then he could have been passed over (foolishly) for lesser college guys. Lately the US have been moving more to CHL guys though.

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 03:54 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
Yeah, because playing 30 games a year sure is great for a young man to improve at hockey.

I'd rather him rush a little bit down there in the AHL for one year, and then start improving. He'll learn much more than he would while playing a 30 games in a weak division.
Yet having him burn out mid season will? You realize he'll be going from a league with little games/lesser competition + little travel fatigue to a league with a ton of games and pretty much max travel fatigue (they don't exactly have chartered flights in the AHL to get them from Hamilton to Manitoba) and much tougher competition. Again, I rather he goes to the Q.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 03:58 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Best player in the WJC........oh wait.
im sure you watch the flyers series, did you noticed how great Claude Giroux was ??

wait he didn't make team canada WJC at 18

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 04:21 PM
Bieber fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
im sure you watch the flyers series, did you noticed how great Claude Giroux was ??

wait he didn't make team canada WJC at 18
IIRC vlasic & brassard didn't make Team Canada wjc.......(and chips made it haha).The fact taht he was cut it's not a proof that he's a bust, but it just confirmed my doubt about this guy.

Old
05-29-2010, 04:48 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardo View Post

He'll be a good player, but it's not hard to be the best player on Harvard. Also, Andrew Conboy did pretty good on the Lancers too.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 05:00 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Sometimes the people on HFBoards never cease to amaze me.

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 05:25 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Sometimes the people on HFBoards never cease to amaze me.
That doesn't make sense.

HankyZetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 05:30 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
...don't know where to begin

players who went through prep school at some point in their career

-Jonathan Toews
-Sidney Crosby
-Joe Pavelski
-Brian Gionta
-TJ Oshie
-Zack Parise
-thomas vanek
-Kyle Okposo
-David Backes
-Ryan Malone
-Keith Yandle

clearly their the worst at developping prospect
Ivy league schools then ? I call them (Harvard and crap) prep schools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy View Post
Hope he goes to the Q for a year dominates and likely play in the WJC. He could probably handle the AHL but prefer if they didn't rush him into pro.
If he wanted to play in the Q, he would have, Instead, he went and played for the Omaha Lancers. To me, it's clear he doesn't want to play in the Q

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 05:34 PM
overlords
Hfboards

i'll be happy if he leaves harvard. seems to me he plays in a weak division, and not all too often. I'd like to see his creativity shine through with better wingers. Also, has anyone seen him yet? I'm hoping he put on some muscle, dude looked like a skinny, birdman at the draft.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 06:36 PM
NHLfan

Leblanc pick

I just hope he turns out to be a very good player. Imagine if Jordan caron becomes a better player? Remember when the Habs picked Eric Chouinard over Simon gagne?

NHLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 06:48 PM
JackZap

Quote:
IIRC vlasic & brassard didn't make Team Canada wjc.......(and chips made it haha).The fact taht he was cut it's not a proof that he's a bust, but it just confirmed my doubt about this guy.
Tyler Seguin didnt make it this year and Matt Duschene didnt make it last yr.

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 06:51 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
Tyler Seguin didnt make it this year and Matt Duschene didnt make it last yr.
Its his only way of giving himself proof that Louis will be a bust. Let him be.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote