HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roman Josi - Signed to a 3 year ELC (Will play in North America in 2010-11)

Old
05-24-2010, 12:32 PM
swisdan

vCash: 500
Roman Josi - Signed to a 3 year ELC (Will play in North America in 2010-11)

The Preds prospect will certainly come up in the Nashville organisation for the season 2010/11. Do you have already hear about him? If yes what are you expectations about this player.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect/Roman_Josi

swisdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 12:40 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisdan View Post
The Preds prospect will certainly come up in the Nashville organisation for the season 2010/11. Do you have already hear about him? If yes what are you expectations about this player.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect/Roman_Josi
I would almost guarantee $ that he plays in the AHL to see how he adjusts to North American game before he's brought up to the big club ... that's this Organization's MO

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 01:07 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Josi is definitely a long-shot to make the Predators out of training camp this year, but I believe he definitely will open some eyes in the stands with his play at camp and merit some discussion as to how close he is to being NHL ready by the start of the season.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Josi play in a few exhibition games in the preseason to judge his readiness. Although they play different styles, I thought Josi was better than Sbisa at the WJC's before each were injured. Excited to see what he can bring to the organization next season...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 08:55 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I think it won't be two months before he's surpassed Sulzer and Laakso on the depth chart, if either is still with the organization by fall.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 08:59 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I think it won't be two months before he's surpassed Sulzer and Laakso on the depth chart, if either is still with the organization by fall.
I think Sulzer will establish himself as an NHL regular this season if he plays the way he did in the WC's. We will see though, but I think after spending about half the season in Nashville and tearing up the AHL that he is ready.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 10:45 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
I think Sulzer will establish himself as an NHL regular this season if he plays the way he did in the WC's. We will see though, but I think after spending about half the season in Nashville and tearing up the AHL that he is ready.
I had high hopes for him, I just don't think there's any area of the game that he's good enough to set himself apart.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 05:28 PM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Quote:
I had high hopes for him, I just don't think there's any area of the game that he's good enough to set himself apart.
I think we just need him to be a 3rd pair guy and give us 2 years. He's had a little more development time than Blum and some others; if he can handle a couple years of just being ok on the 3rd pair means we don't need to rush the more talented guys currently behind him.

Kinda' feel the same way about Laakso - just would like to see him give us a few years as part of 3rd pair - just don't make mistakes, be steady. Be great if either of these guys could be a 2nd pair guy, but surely one of Klein or Franson keeps developing and Blum will be the other guy in a couple years.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 07:56 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
I don't expect Laakso to return after suffering another setback with his shoulders in Milwaukee this year. With the SM-liiga losing so many of its star imports after the financial crisis last year (the league was comprised of 338 Finns and just 42 imports this year), he could probably get good cash and big minutes in Finland if he wanted to.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2010, 11:54 AM
Trudel

According to News from Switzerland Nashville has offered a 3year-Entry-Level-contract to Josi.

http://www.slapshot.ch/slapshot-news...d=11104&navi=1

Trudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2010, 11:59 AM
smitty10

Quote:
Maybe not, but I think that he's good enough to play on the 3rd pairing on most teams this coming season. If he doesn't make the team out of camp expect him to be traded to a team that will use him on their NHL roster.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2010, 12:33 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudel View Post
According to News from Switzerland Nashville has offered a 3year-Entry-Level-contract to Josi.

http://www.slapshot.ch/slapshot-news...d=11104&navi=1
Same deal as Blum has...$787,500 at the NHL level and $65,000 at the AHL level with a signing bonus of $87,500.

I expect Josi to start the season in Milwaukee, but honestly expect him to be in Nashville full-time by the start of the 2011-12 season. Great skater, very smart with and without the puck, not overly physical, but will beat you to the spot and box you out because he sees the game better than most opponents. Great shot and poise with the puck. I really think he will become a fan favorite here in Nashville.

Old
05-28-2010, 07:56 AM
jonas2244

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
I tried to watch on both during the World-Championship and I think Josi is already much better than Sulzer. Surely he'll need some time to etablish himself to the NA-icehockey, it's probably also intelligent to give him some time in the AHL even if he'd be able to break the team out of the camp but I'm sure he'll be more than ready for the season 2011/2012

jonas2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 04:19 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Josi has signed with the Preds

Old
05-29-2010, 02:31 PM
JustLikeIt

I don´t think that he will play in the AHL. If you saw him playing at Olympia, WHC and NLA you know that Nashville needs an offensive defender.

JustLikeIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 02:57 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLikeIt View Post
I don´t think that he will play in the AHL. If you saw him playing at Olympia, WHC and NLA you know that Nashville needs an offensive defender.
Shea Weber & Ryan Suter say hai

Old
05-29-2010, 03:00 PM
Soundgarden

That's awesome, can't wait to see him in a Preds uni.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 06:04 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

all these signings make you wonder if poile isnt going to play a numbers game with defense and backup goaltending and hope that if he has enough good prospects that one of them will show up and outplay their expected level and be ready to fill in an NHL slot ahead of schedule.

With the expected loss of Hammer, we could be good to go if one prospect can hack it and we can resign Cube or an equivalent.

Poile then slots everyone else in milwaukee, with none of them waiver exposed, and if the guy who wins the spot out of camp falters, we see rotating "tryouts on the fly"

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2010, 10:37 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
all these signings make you wonder if poile isnt going to play a numbers game with defense and backup goaltending and hope that if he has enough good prospects that one of them will show up and outplay their expected level and be ready to fill in an NHL slot ahead of schedule.
Which brings up the question, when the hell is Geoffrion going to sign? He's got his degree.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2010, 12:41 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Which brings up the question, when the hell is Geoffrion going to sign? He's got his degree.
Preds have until August 15th to sign him before losing his rights. He told me yesterday via Twitter that he is scheduled to participate in prospect camp in July. I'd bet his contract and Hornqvist's deal are next two priorities for the front office...

Old
05-30-2010, 01:21 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conando View Post
Shea Weber & Ryan Suter say hai
Add Franson to that mix as well....Heck, Klein is very very capable in the offensive end.

05-30-2010, 11:04 PM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Preds have until August 15th to sign him before losing his rights. He told me yesterday via Twitter that he is scheduled to participate in prospect camp in July. I'd bet his contract and Hornqvist's deal are next two priorities for the front office...
How did I miss this? I thought Geoffrion already signed and even played a game in Milwaukee. CapGeek guys probably think I'm nuts - and I am as you guys know.

David Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2010, 11:06 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Singleton View Post
How did I miss this? I thought Geoffrion already signed and even played a game in Milwaukee. CapGeek guys probably think I'm nuts - and I am as you guys know.
Geoffrion signed an ATO to play in Milwaukee at the end of the season. He has yet to sign an entry-level contract...

Old
05-31-2010, 10:27 AM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Geoffrion signed an ATO to play in Milwaukee at the end of the season. He has yet to sign an entry-level contract...
That makes sense. This report is incorrect.

At least this bout of insanity had some explanation. If only all my others did.

Thanks Seth.

David Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 02:32 PM
Montandon

Send a message via MSN to Montandon
Great signing for the Preds...

Shawn Heins already taught him this season, that he should keep his head up in future:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkIiSW98aLU

Josi has an unbelievable talent and plays very mature for his age. He already played at the age of 18 in the last seconds of the game, when they were led by the opponent in swiss league (and this for Bern, the richest team with the best roster of the league).

Some of his goals scored in swiss NLA:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6moZsMZ0Wc

Montandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 05:56 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Blum and Jose both make the Predators next season...

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote