HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Boucher will meet the Jackets

Old
05-30-2010, 11:32 AM
vad87

vCash: 500
Boucher will meet the Jackets

According to RDS, Habs gave the Jackets the right to talk to Boucher.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/299844.html

vad87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2010, 11:36 AM
Nedved

no..

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2010, 11:36 AM
schumway2

Glad for him. Honestly, this is good. He goes to CBJ. They have a crappy team that never seems to improve. He stays there 2 or 3 years. They show minimal improvement, he gets fired and the Habs hire him back. He's not a rookie coach anymore and has experience that's needed of MTL head coaches. Win Win.

schumway2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2010, 11:41 AM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
Glad for him. Honestly, this is good. He goes to CBJ. They have a crappy team that never seems to improve. He stays there 2 or 3 years. They show minimal improvement, he gets fired and the Habs hire him back. He's not a rookie coach anymore and has experience that's needed of MTL head coaches. Win Win.
or...he turns them into a playoff team, year after year eventually winning the cup and ends up being the best coach of this generation.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2010, 11:42 AM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

**** i know it was inveitable but still *******************

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2010, 11:43 AM
habspinner

There was a link to a radio show McGuire did in Ottawa last week. Apparently he and Boucher know each other well, and he has the impression that (or seemed to maybe point him in the direction) that Columbus may not be the best fist at this time. Says the club has some major work that needs to be done, heavy lifting as he called it. Said that taking a job like that can seriously affect your career going forward as it might not be all sunshine and roses the first couple of years. I think Boucher may hold out for the moment, it's not like he's not going to get another opportunity soon.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2010, 11:44 AM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

I'm waiting for Ozymandias.

But seriously, this sucks. Hopefully he doesn't get/take the job.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2010, 11:44 AM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Doesn't mean he's goine to be the coach, Kevin Dineen and Scott Arniel both have seconds interviews too.

I believe Boucher won't have any jobs in the NHL next year to stay with the kids in Hamilton to finish his mission to get the Calder cup and improve as a coach. He seems that kind of guy to me.

Maybe in 2-3 years he will get a contract somewhere else, but eventually he'll come here as a head coach of the habs.

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2010, 11:46 AM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

vCash: 133
This sucks. Hopefully he'll still be apart of our organization when all is set and done, but still, this sucks.

Dean Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2010, 11:46 AM
habdynasty

He is gone .... goodluck guy

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2010, 12:18 PM
Komarov47

Good for him he deserve it. He will be a great nhl coach.

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Shabutie

I might be overreacting but I think this deep playoff run will hurt the habs more than anything has in a while...

Reasons I think this:

1- Martin will be kept until the team REALLY sucks
2- Gauthier will probably make minimal changes thinking that this team already has what it takes to win
3- Boucher will get the coaching job in Columbus because we can't give him one on the bench (our coaching staff got us to the third round...)

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2010, 12:27 PM
ourson

Send a message via Yahoo to ourson
we'll see you in 3 years. goodluck Guy.

ourson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2010, 12:33 PM
markov`

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
I might be overreacting but I think this deep playoff run will hurt the habs more than anything has in a while...

Reasons I think this:

2- Gauthier will probably make minimal changes thinking that this team already has what it takes to win
3- Boucher will get the coaching job in Columbus because we can't give him one on the bench (our coaching staff got us to the third round...)
i gotta admit, i loled

markov` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2010, 12:38 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

OMG OMG OMG... Lets act like he already has signed with them WOOT! :childish:

I once turned down a very good job somewhere I didn't want to go, even though I would've made more money and got a way better status, but yeah, Boucher is all about 1 + 1 = 2, so that means he will definetly sign with them (add smiley).

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2010, 01:22 PM
Lucius

Quote:

Reasons I think this:

You do realize the entire point of drafting, hiring coaches, developing prospects, making trades, and signing free agents is to.... make deep playoff runs, right?

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2010, 01:39 PM
MontrealHabitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
You do realize the entire point of drafting, hiring coaches, developing prospects, making trades, and signing free agents is to.... make deep playoff runs, right?
I don't think Cinderella run's count, we clearly are middle of the pack team again, with a bad draft pick, an outdated system and still are without this star player upfront. Technically, we've been like this for the past 20 years

MontrealHabitant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2010, 01:47 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I'm waiting for Ozymandias.

But seriously, this sucks. Hopefully he doesn't get/take the job.
Right, he already has signed with the Jackets.

You do realize that if the Habs allowed other teams to talk to Boucher, this means they had their "little talk" with Boucher first, I mean, it's part of the process, and everything I said still stands. You should wait and see if he'll sign with them before gloathing, cause this might make you look even worst.

What did I base what I said on? Boucher himself saying he needed a lot of seasoning in the AHL, and already had chosen the Habs, had already got many offers from NHL teams. I never said he wouldn't get any offers.

So now I know what the 18 in your handle stands for. Goes well with those premature conclusions of yours.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2010, 01:49 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
wow fml.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2010, 01:50 PM
Komarov47

Quote:

Reasons I think this:

And if everything you just said was a good thing? ya know if the Habs went so far in the Playoff it's not because they sucked really bad. Martin made a really good coaching all over the playoff run, and yes Boucher will be gone, but even if Montreal wouldn't went so farr in playoff, nothin said that Martin would be gone.

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2010, 01:54 PM
RE-HABS

It is just an interview, and there are 3 other really good candidates up for the job. The chances of him getting it is 25%, people need to calm down.

Montreal can't stand in the way of his goal of being an NHL coach if the opportunity arises, and if there isn't a space in Montreal for him.

Other candidates:

Kevin Dineen:
Former NHLer and Columbus Blue Jacket
4 years AHL Head Coach Experience
182 Wins 100 Losses (AHL Head Coach Record)
*AHL Coach of the Year

Scott Arniel:
Former NHLer
Former NHL Assistant Coach (Buffalo Sabres)
4 Years AHL Head Coach Experience
181 Wiins 106 Losses (AHL Head Coach Record)

Claude Noel:
Columbus Interim Coach
NHL Assistant Coach (Columbus Blue Jackets)
Former ECHL, IHL and AHL Head Coach
183 Wins 94 Losses 7 Ties (AHL Head Coach Record)
*Calder Cup Championship Winner
*AHL Coach of the Year

Guy Boucher:
1 Year AHL Head Coach Experience
52 Wins 17 Losses (AHL Head Coach Record)
*AHL Coach of the Year

There are the resumes for all 4 coaches. Boucher is a great young coach, but so are Dineen and Arniel who have NHL experience as a player too, not to mention Arniel's experience as an Assistant in the NHL.

Noel may not have the NHL player experience, but he does have a lot of head coaching experience to go along with his current NHL Assistant experience and most recently Interim Head Coaching experience with the Jackets.

I will be really surprised if Dineen isn't named Head Coach here, as it looks like he is already wanted in Tampa by Yzerman as per TSN.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2010, 01:58 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post

You do realize that if the Habs allowed other teams to talk to Boucher, this means they had their "little talk" with Boucher first, I mean, it's part of the process, and everything I said still stands. You should wait and see if he'll sign with them before gloathing, cause this might make you look even worst.

What did I base what I said on? Boucher himself saying he needed a lot of seasoning in the AHL, and already had chosen the Habs, had already got many offers from NHL teams. I never said he wouldn't get any offers.

So now I know what the 18 in your handle stands for. Goes well with those premature conclusions of yours.
I think you are going way overboard here.

Just because he has been given approval to talk doesn't mean he has the job and that he doesn't have a future in Montreal.

How professional would Montreal look if they wouldn't allow their AHL Head Coach interview for a higher job in the NHL?

Good luck having any success with a bitter coach, and good luck attracting coaches afterwards as well as it would look like your obstructing them to advancing.

He isn't getting a job without an interview, and his record isn't better than the others that are interviewing.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2010, 01:59 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
OMG OMG OMG... Lets act like he already has signed with them WOOT! :childish:

I once turned down a very good job somewhere I didn't want to go, even though I would've made more money and got a way better status, but yeah, Boucher is all about 1 + 1 = 2, so that means he will definetly sign with them (add smiley).

does it mean he won't?

Quote:

So you think it's impossible that he'll accept a coaching position elsewhere?

Or are you just trying to belittle everyone for being worried about losing him to another team?

WTF are you getting at bro?????????

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2010, 02:03 PM
Darth Joker

I agree with RE-HABS.

Dineen is probably the front-runner in Columbus. His resume is a bit more impressive than Boucher's, and Dineen was even a player for Columbus at one time, so that's probably a bonus.

There's a decent chance we keep Boucher.

But if we do lose him, I'd rather him go out West to a team that can't have much impact on our place in the standings. So, if he does go with Columbus, at least that's the second best possibility. The best, of course, would be he staying in Hamilton another year or two and eventually becoming our next head coach.

Edit: If Boucher goes to Columbus, look for the Jackets and Habs to swing a deal or two. Boucher may want to bring over a couple guys that he liked in Hamilton.

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2010, 02:05 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

The guy does the best for his career so no one can blame him.

It just sucks that the Habs organization may lose him

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote