HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boucher will meet the Jackets

Old
05-30-2010, 08:18 PM
NHLfan

vCash: 500
Boucher

Apparently, New Jersey want to speak to him too. Lamourello is tricky. You never know what trick he has up his sleeves.

NHLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2010, 10:26 PM
Gulvorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLfan View Post
Apparently, New Jersey want to speak to him too. Lamourello is tricky. You never know what trick he has up his sleeves.
I was hoping that New Jersey would be looking at hiring Hitchcock and clearing his salary off the books.

I think Dineen is/was the front runner. Boucher I think has become more popular as we have become more familiar with his coaching style and how he coaches the game. I think the job will come down to these 2.

Noel unfortunately will represent himself as the coach from last season and probably won't get the job just because Howson probably feels the need to clean house after such a bad year.

Gulvorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 07:03 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
A few things:

- Boucher's 39 players were a direct result of Montreal injuries. I don't see how you don't understand the direct relationship. Martin used 37 players, FYI. And I'd argue that relatively speaking, the caliber of Boucher's ECHL call-ups is the same as Martin's AHL call-ups. Either way, you're calling someone up who operates one league below your league.

- My point about the goalie and the 4th liner is not that they have the same value to the team, but that they are both part of the team. Why does Boucher get credit for the play of his players and Martin doesn't? Halak played well, sure, but some of that credit has to go to his coach and the environment he was in.
Geez, where do I mention that I don't see the direct relationship when I CLEARLY stated that BECAUSE of the Habs injuries AND his own, he had to deal with a lot of players. I ALSO did mention that it was a wash as far as regular season 'cause Martin also used a lot of players. Not sure what your point is....I agree with you. My point is about the playoffs.

Not sure, level for level, how you can say that losing Markov is the same than not having Pyatt, Maxwell, Subban, Pacioretty and Carle in the lineup.

Nobody ever said that Martin isn't getting ANY credit. But for me while both guys were great, I found that what Boucher did, and the way he sees the job of coaching is superior and will be proven in the upcoming years. It doesn't make one guy bad because the other guy is great.....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 11:50 AM
macavoy

I have a feeling I'm going to be eating some crow. imo Boucher is now the front runner for the Columbus job. If Dineen impressed them like Re-Habs seems to think he is, then they wouldn't have stalled their entire interview process to listen to Boucher imo.

Boucher is a serious serious candidate. They are going to have a hard time saying they wanted Dineen all along or Noel.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 11:56 AM
OneSharpMarble

Well it feels like we are going to be stuck with that tard martin for a long time.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 03:11 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
I have a feeling I'm going to be eating some crow. imo Boucher is now the front runner for the Columbus job. If Dineen impressed them like Re-Habs seems to think he is, then they wouldn't have stalled their entire interview process to listen to Boucher imo.

Boucher is a serious serious candidate. They are going to have a hard time saying they wanted Dineen all along or Noel.
I think Noel was/is the fallback choice, a distant fourth in the race. I am wondering if Howson would've waited for Boucher if Atlanta, Tampa and New Jersey had all started their searching processes sooner.

I'll agree that it certainly makes it look like Boucher is the frontrunner this way.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 12:34 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLfan View Post
If Lou gets ahold of Boucher, he will lock him up forever.

The Habs are pretty stupid in this. Horribly stupid. Boucher could have the Habs job in two, three years. Not only that but just as a developper for the young guys in the organization he's a unvaluable asset. Pay him like crazy just to keep him.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 12:48 AM
Habitant#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post

The Habs are pretty stupid in this. Horribly stupid. Boucher could have the Habs job in two, three years. Not only that but just as a developper for the young guys in the organization he's a unvaluable asset. Pay him like crazy just to keep him.
Sometimes it's not about the money. If Boucher wants to be in the NHL, he'll be in the NHL. The Habs could legally stop him, but then no other coach would ever sign with us.

Habitant#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 01:24 AM
Go Habs Go

Quote:

Unless the Habs give him like 3 million dollars or more to coach the Bulldogs, I can't see why he would stay with the Habs over coaching an NHL team.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 01:48 AM
Komarov47

Quote:

Don't you ever think that more than money, it's the joy to coach in NHL one day who could make him leave? I really doubt Boucher would stay just for the $

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 03:40 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Big Bear View Post
Don't you ever think that more than money, it's the joy to coach in NHL one day who could make him leave? I really doubt Boucher would stay just for the $
Wouldn't be more of a joy to coach the Habs down the line? If he stays in Hamilton, the Montreal job is his to have in a few years.

Old
06-01-2010, 07:43 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Wouldn't be more of a joy to coach the Habs down the line? If he stays in Hamilton, the Montreal job is his to have in a few years.
There's only 30 NHL team though... If thats Boucher Dream Job, I'm sure that his chances to coach there one day are decent, especially with the coaching carousel. That said, Howson has said he's hiring to set up a Predators-type situation. (trying to hire a coach that will be here for a long time)

Old
06-01-2010, 07:49 AM
General Saad

Quote:
If Martin were to get canned in the next few years, wouldnt Muller be a good canidate? Jeff Rimer, (Jackets announcer) was hoping that Howson would look at Muller for the CBJ job as well.

General Saad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 08:34 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
There's only 30 NHL team though... If thats Boucher Dream Job, I'm sure that his chances to coach there one day are decent, especially with the coaching carousel.
And that why I say it's not the end of the World if Boucher doesn't go to the Jackets.

Quote:
That said, Howson has said he's hiring to set up a Predators-type situation. (trying to hire a coach that will be here for a long time)
Worse than I thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyes1 View Post
If Martin were to get canned in the next few years, wouldnt Muller be a good canidate? Jeff Rimer, (Jackets announcer) was hoping that Howson would look at Muller for the CBJ job as well.
Muller wouldn't coach the Habs because of one evident reason.

Last edited by Darz: 06-01-2010 at 09:56 AM.
Old
06-01-2010, 08:37 AM
macavoy

Quote:
Quote:
That said, Howson has said he's hiring to set up a Predators-type situation. (trying to hire a coach that will be here for a long time)
Worse than I thought.
Did you think that Howson was hoping to hire a coach that would suck and he could fire in 2 years?

Old
06-01-2010, 08:41 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Did you think that Howson was hoping to hire a coach that would suck and he could fire in 2 years?
GMs hire coachs that fit their needs at various points in time. Rarely we see GMs hiring guys so they can be there 10 years fron now. If it happens, great. But they hire guys that may make them win now.

Old
06-01-2010, 09:13 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
GMs hire coachs that fit their needs at various points in time. Rarely we see GMs hiring guys so they can be there 10 years fron now. If it happens, great. But they hire guys that may make them win now.
The pressure to make the playoffs next season isn't as great as some would believe for the CBJ. Don't forget, Howson didn't hire Hitchcock or any of his initial staff, he inherited them. Howson is making a hire with a eye to the future, not really the present. Howson's job is on the line with this hire, if he messes it up, he's the next one gone, maybe even before his handpicked coach.

After last seasons' debacle, most of us jackets fans would be happy to see a style and philosphy implemented that can be sustained in the NHL now along with better big league development with our younger players. Making the playoffs next season doesn't help anything if we are out in four straight again.

Old
06-01-2010, 10:26 AM
macavoy

Quote:
Do you honestly think that when Lindy Ruff or Barry Trotz were hired, the GM said, I don't want to win now but I want to hire them so they can be here for 10 years?

Every GM when he hires a coach, hopes he'll be there for 10 years.

Old
06-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Well it feels like we are going to be stuck with that tard martin for a long time.
Damn, and he's brought us so little success in his year as coach, too! Only made it to the Eastern final.......

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 12:08 PM
General Saad

Quote:
And that why I say it's not the end of the World if Boucher doesn't go to the Jackets.

Worse than I thought.

Muller wouldn't coach the Habs because of one evident reason.
Sorry, I'm a jackets fan, so I'm not up to date on Muller. Why wouldnt he be a future canidate for Montreal, he seems to be an emerging young coach ? Forgive me if its a stupid question though...

General Saad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Sorry, I'm a jackets fan, so I'm not up to date on Muller. Why wouldnt he be a future canidate for Montreal, he seems to be an emerging young coach ? Forgive me if its a stupid question though...
he's not french

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 11:08 PM
FF de Mars

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
I agree with RE-HABS.

Dineen is probably the front-runner in Columbus. His resume is a bit more impressive than Boucher's, and Dineen was even a player for Columbus at one time, so that's probably a bonus.

There's a decent chance we keep Boucher.

But if we do lose him, I'd rather him go out West to a team that can't have much impact on our place in the standings. So, if he does go with Columbus, at least that's the second best possibility. The best, of course, would be he staying in Hamilton another year or two and eventually becoming our next head coach.

Edit: If Boucher goes to Columbus, look for the Jackets and Habs to swing a deal or two. Boucher may want to bring over a couple guys that he liked in Hamilton.
If Boucher goes to Colombus, I'd like us to get the rights for Radulov. We could add something like the Kostsitsyn.

FF de Mars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 11:24 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
If Boucher goes to Colombus, I'd like us to get the rights for Radulov. We could add something like the Kostsitsyn.
Radulov's rights are sustained by the preds...

QuebecPride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 11:29 PM
FF de Mars

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Radulov's rights are sustained by the preds...
oups, my bad

FF de Mars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 12:03 AM
muzion

Quote:
Doesn't speak French well enough!

muzion is offline   Reply With Quote