HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

UFC Undisputed 2010

Old
05-27-2010, 08:03 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
It's gonna be the same game with CHL teams.
Yeah, I thought that about NHL 09 to NHL 10 too. I was wrong.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 06:54 PM
Disclose

vCash: 1000
played the release version (not the demo) on EB... i thought it was pretty cool. i didnt play last year long enough to see the differences, but the fight, movements look more real. the controls are okay, kinda the same, but i still dont know what to do when you clinch... the cage ads alittle more and so the fighting style.
i didnt get to see any of those crazy special combos that you guys talked about, so it wasnt frustrating.

i played one of those classic matches. Franklin (cpu) vs Wanderlai (me) and he just ****ing rocked me in two rounds. not much i could do. i then played this tournament or whatever it was, but changed the difficulty to easy to enjoy the game lol. i chose Nogueira and just killed everyone obviously.

Disclose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 07:19 PM
RoadDoggFL

Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Looking forward to EA Sports MMA (2010?). Didn't like the Undisputed 2009 demo too much and I'm hoping some competition sparks innovation.

RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 08:28 PM
Snipeshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
It's gonna be the same game with CHL teams.
They no longer have hitting animations (or very little). It's all real-time physics.

It is a feature at E3. It's never been a feature game at E3, leading me to believe they are pretty excited about it.

Snipeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 10:04 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 50
Dammit my created fighter cannot seem to beat Rampage Jackson in Career Mode. If I beat him, I get a title shot. So frustrating.

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 10:19 PM
BreakTheWallsDown
HFBoards Prospect

Send a message via AIM to BreakTheWallsDown Send a message via MSN to BreakTheWallsDown
I was pumped about this game but I'm really glad I rented it before buying it. The fights using the real fighters are fun and all and I like the ladders to win the titles, but that's it. I feel like I can get my fix of this game just by playing the demo. Anything in the game that has anything to do with a created fighter is awful and thats the whole reason I play games like this. The career mode using your created fighter is just a joke. Its 10 minutes of beating your head into a wall with the terrible training and sparring system, then 5 minutes or less of fun with an actual fight, then back to the pile of crap again.

BreakTheWallsDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2010, 11:51 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakTheWallsDown View Post
I was pumped about this game but I'm really glad I rented it before buying it. The fights using the real fighters are fun and all and I like the ladders to win the titles, but that's it. I feel like I can get my fix of this game just by playing the demo. Anything in the game that has anything to do with a created fighter is awful and thats the whole reason I play games like this. The career mode using your created fighter is just a joke. Its 10 minutes of beating your head into a wall with the terrible training and sparring system, then 5 minutes or less of fun with an actual fight, then back to the pile of crap again.
To me the best part of the game is getting 3-4 guys together and having a winner-stays-on style tournament.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2010, 09:38 PM
Zodiac

almost beat 'title defense mode' tonight. was using Matt Hughes and got right to the last guy (the 12th guy ...forget who he was ...more of a no name type guy). i had a few nice take downs, and little bit of ground and pound, was winning on points, and then the arsehole caught me in a triangle and i submitted instantly.

so close, yet so far.

so annoying!

Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote