HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Hammond interviews Lombardi and Hextall

Old
05-29-2010, 12:25 AM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Bait and switch title alert!

Hammond doesn't even mention if and when He is going to release the Lombardi stuff.
Are you sure he can get it all in before the draft???

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 11:44 AM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Moller isn't small like Cammalleri is small with the low center of gravity and all that: he's just an overall slight dude.

I think he is a prime trading piece although one that was worth more at the start of this season. I like the guy but I question his durability and impact in a Top-6 role.

BigKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 01:13 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
Moller isn't small like Cammalleri is small with the low center of gravity and all that: he's just an overall slight dude.

I think he is a prime trading piece although one that was worth more at the start of this season. I like the guy but I question his durability and impact in a Top-6 role.
Sad but true.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2010, 03:57 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
http://lakingsinsider.com/2010/05/29...comment-117787

Lombardi's first part is up. Same old, but good stuff nonetheless At least he knows exactly where we need to improve on. Holding my breath for Kovalchuk, the ultimate 5 on 5 solution

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 04:11 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
http://lakingsinsider.com/2010/05/30...di-on-goalies/

In Bernier I trust.

Old
05-31-2010, 12:08 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post

Amen!

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 12:20 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
It just shows that making the right pick is only the first step in the process. Development of the player is even more important and was something that was sorely lacking in the Kings' organization for a very long time.

Trust in Lombardi and Hextall.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 02:43 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post

Agree. Cammy is built like a boulder. Ever see him in post game interviews with the jersey off? He has on some serious muscle. Moller reminds me of Loktionov except the latter lacks Moller's speed.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 04:04 PM
Haik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Agree. Cammy is built like a boulder.
He skates like a boulder too....

Haik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 04:09 PM
Youngblood93

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
It just shows that making the right pick is only the first step in the process. Development of the player is even more important and was something that was sorely lacking in the Kings' organization for a very long time.

Trust in Lombardi and Hextall.

Youngblood93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 04:38 PM
Jwm1986

The more i watch and hear about Clifford, the more i like him.....i think he has the potential to be a very very special player....

this past year in juniors is a great example....when we drafted him, he had a limited offensive game and went out and nearly put up 30 goals last year and a PPG, which he also carried into the playoffs and had a great playoffs....i didnt realize it when we drafted him, but he has some nice hands and has a very nice offensive game that goes along with him....

Not to mention his amazing work ethic....when guys work as hard as he does, anything is possible....

People were thinking he might turn into a Lucic type of player,but i think he has more offensive skill than he does....

i think he could be a 20 goal a year guy easily

Jwm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

http://lakingsinsider.com/2010/06/01...ing/#more-6280

Oh boy Oh boy. Rumblings of Kovalchuk

Old
06-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Haik

Quote:
I didn’t get the guy who went to New Jersey. I just thought the price, at that time, was too high. I wasn’t moving top players for a guy who could walk on me in two months.
So are you okay with the price right now?

Haik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 02:03 PM
4ndr3y*

Send a message via MSN to 4ndr3y*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haik View Post
So are you okay with the price right now?
Hope so.
<------------

4ndr3y* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 02:30 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
http://lakingsinsider.com/2010/06/01...ing/#more-6280

Oh boy Oh boy. Rumblings of Kovalchuk
How do you guys read a Kovalchuk out of the text ????????
The only thing i read is the usual blah blah....

If a GM calls a player a "very special Players" i don't like it too much.
I see more a new Avery like in Clifford.
We need ****ing hockey players not freak shows

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Kovalchuk is the perfect fit and DL knows it. He went after him during thew deadline but as he stated did not want to trade assets for a potential 2 month rental. I can't wait till this guy is on the market, DL will make a very competitive offer, no doubt in my mind!

Kovalchuk Watch.

Kingz4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 03:23 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz4life View Post
Kovalchuk is the perfect fit and DL knows it. He went after him during thew deadline but as he stated did not want to trade assets for a potential 2 month rental. I can't wait till this guy is on the market, DL will make a very competitive offer, no doubt in my mind!

Kovalchuk Watch.
Absolutely!!!

DL went hard after Hossa and there's no reason to believe he won't go just as hard if not harder for Kovy. IF Kovy doesn't sign here, it will be because Kovy chose to play elsewhere not because DL didn't go after him hard enough.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Absolutely!!!

DL went hard after Hossa and there's no reason to believe he won't go just as hard if not harder for Kovy. IF Kovy doesn't sign here, it will be because Kovy chose to play elsewhere not because DL didn't go after him hard enough.
Agree 100%!!!

Kingz4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
How do you guys read a Kovalchuk out of the text ????????
The only thing i read is the usual blah blah....

If a GM calls a player a "very special Players" i don't like it too much.
I see more a new Avery like in Clifford.
I don't know how you linked Avery to Clifford, but I got Kovalchuk rumblings out of the text when Dean said that he is looking to correct 5 on 5 through trade or free agency, that he went after Kovy at the deadline but the price was too steep for 2 months (which means he is interested in Kovy and will definitely be talking to him), and the fact that Kovalchuk is the first non-dollar driven UFA Dean will be talking to combined with the fact that it is the first time that we have the contender tag attached to our team while we are looking at free agents. There is no bigger free agent we will ever encounter under Dean's regime. Now is the time. We shall see, but in all likelihood Kovy is not seeking $10 million, and Dean will be able to strike.

Old
06-01-2010, 03:37 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

It's definitely good to see that he recognizes a true sniper as a major need. Unless he thinks Moller can fill that role next year(if he does, god help us), then we should acquire a sniper of some sort. Will it be Kovalchuk? We shall see.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 05:02 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Man you guys make and awful lot of assumptions. I guess you read what you want to read.

He said they "have a guy". Could it not be possible he is talking about any number of players (Marleau etc)? It doesn't even have to be a Free Agent. How you guys spin that to make it sound like "that guy" is Kovalchuk is beyond me. Maybe he is but I really don't see how you determine that from that little blurp. This is what I'm referring to:

Quote:
“It’s just pounding away. You can make fun of all my charts, but you end up looking at 50 different options. `If this happens, that happens. If that happens, this happens.’ I guess the good part is, it’s safe to say we’ve got a player. At least the box is filled.”
Do we have any evidence that he inquired about Kovalchuk and it wasn't the opposite (Atlanta offering him to LA)? He says "he didn't get the guy in New Jersey" but he could easily have been called by Waddell looking for some of the Kings' players/prospects.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 05:06 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Man you guys make and awful lot of assumptions. I guess you read what you want to read.

He said they "have a guy". Could it not be possible he is talking about any number of players (Marleau etc)? It doesn't even have to be a Free Agent. How you guys spin that to make it sound like "that guy" is Kovalchuk is beyond me. Maybe he is but I really don't see how you determine that from that little blurp. This is what I'm referring to:

Do we have any evidence that he inquired about Kovalchuk and it wasn't the opposite (Atlanta offering him to LA)? He says "he didn't get the guy in New Jersey" but he could easily have been called by Waddell looking for some of the Kings' players/prospects.
That quote you put in there was hypothetical I believe.

Yes we don't know if he asked about Kovy or if Waddell asked him, but either way, he basically said that the problem was the price, not the player, meaning that for a lower price he would have taken Kovy, which means he should have interest in him as a FA. He had no trouble ever saying that Heatley wasn't the right guy, and while he hasn't said that Kovy IS the right guy, he hasn't said he wasn't. If he wasn't thinking about Kovy, he probably would have already squashed all this and said "Kovy isn't the right guy for this team", like he did about Heatley.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 05:08 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean
I wasn’t a seller, I was a buyer. It still has to be the right price and the right player, and as you know, I didn’t get the guy who went to New Jersey. I just thought the price, at that time, was too high. I wasn’t moving top players for a guy who could walk on me in two months
Sure sounds like he was the buyer for Kovalchuk and Atlanta wanted too much for 2 months.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 05:16 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Sure sounds like he was the buyer for Kovalchuk and Atlanta wanted too much for 2 months.
I agree. Quite frankly, i'm glad he didn't give up Simmonds and a bevy of prospects.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 05:45 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
That is a great line!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
I agree. Quite frankly, i'm glad he didn't give up Simmonds and a bevy of prospects.
I agree.

I'm all for Kovalchuk but I won't believe it until I see it.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote