HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stanley Cup Finals - Game 2: Flyers @ Blackhawks - May 31, 2010 - 8:00 P.M. (ET)

Old
05-31-2010, 01:16 PM
FlyHigh

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Gagne with Giroux would at least be a step in the right direction.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 01:28 PM
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!

Having the kid watch a game from the pressbox is long overdue in my opinion. JvR will undoubtedly be a star for us someday but right now he's not putting forth the effort to warrant 3rd line minutes or more importantly to keep Carcillo out of the this line-up. When JvR doesn't make that inside move to the net and into rough ice like he didn't in the 2nd period, that isn't lost on the coaching staff, management or the other team. This isn't some corny mantra or slogan but, for me at least, there is no entitlement to Flyers Hockey, ever! Lavy's got his finger on this team's pulse and I have absolute faith in whatever decision he makes and as for the kid, how he comes back is all up to him now.

Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 01:29 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Glad to see Barts is finally in..

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 01:29 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Too hardcore of a song for hockey?

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 01:41 PM
DayoftheGreek

Trivium. Hardcore.

lolol

Anyway lets go flyers! Tie it up!

DayoftheGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 01:50 PM
Cleary84

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post

Too hardcore of a song for hockey?
I love Trivium, well actually more of their oldest stuff, but nonetheless this one gets you pumped!

Cleary84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 01:54 PM
Miss Mess

please win!!

need stronger team d! go leighton

Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 01:56 PM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
I must apologize for missing to post Phil altogether on Saturday. I've beaten myself up over it, but I am here now, and once again he will be our savior.

Let's ****ing go, boys! No excuses this time.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 01:58 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKurri'soupkitchen View Post
Having the kid watch a game from the pressbox is long overdue in my opinion. JvR will undoubtedly be a star for us someday but right now he's not putting forth the effort to warrant 3rd line minutes or more importantly to keep Carcillo out of the this line-up. When JvR doesn't make that inside move to the net and into rough ice like he didn't in the 2nd period, that isn't lost on the coaching staff, management or the other team. This isn't some corny mantra or slogan but, for me at least, there is no entitlement to Flyers Hockey, ever! Lavy's got his finger on this team's pulse and I have absolute faith in whatever decision he makes and as for the kid, how he comes back is all up to him now.
Cause keeping Carcillo in is such a huge boost? He didnt do anything during the Boston series. Ever since his OT winner he has been completely invisible. I do agree JVR has been completely invisible, but atleast he is young and you know will put up some kind of points. I still think its foolish to take him out just to add Carcillo.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 02:04 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Cause keeping Carcillo in is such a huge boost? He didnt do anything during the Boston series. Ever since his OT winner he has been completely invisible. I do agree JVR has been completely invisible, but atleast he is young and you know will put up some kind of points. I still think its foolish to take him out just to add Carcillo.
Simply not true. Carcillo was a factor in the Boston series with his bodychecks and speed, until he hurt his knee. That he kept playing is a testament to his guts. That he came out for Carter made sense because he wasn't 100%.

Lavy has the luxury of 13 forwards who can play, someone has to sit.

Tonight it's JVR. Next game it could be any one of Carcillo, Asham, Powe or Laperriere (didn't think he did ANYTHING in game 1 except miss a glorious chance) .

The boys know that they have to play great or sit. That's not going to hurt at all - we'll see all the guys on the bubble flying again. I was ready to sit Asham for Carcillo vs. Montreal for game 5, then Asham steps up and plays the game of his life.... We need our whole team to do that tonight.

Win tonight and we have a good chance at the Cup. Lose tonight and it's going to be a lot harder. Therefore, win tonight.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 02:05 PM
Black Ice

Let's go Flyers!

Black Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 02:07 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 450
Look, this team wasn't good enough in Game 1. I'd rather Laviolette make changes now than to do it in a desperate situation (like John Stevens usually did). I don't know if I think it's the right move to bring Carcillo in now as opposed to at home, but every other button Laviolette has pushed in the playoffs has been the right one. Lavi's trend has been to bring a guy back into a game before he thinks he'll really need them to be a bigger contributor. I'm willing to wait and see that it's the wrong move. It's not like JVR has done much anyways, and can't really keep banking on hoping JVR will find it.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 02:10 PM
DUHockey9

I'm going to contribute this to the thread. I'm feeling a solid game from Powe. We alsop just haven't seen the video in a while haha.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 02:14 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Ummm.. So far he hasn't really did anything with the points.

JVR - 4 points.. Carcillo... 6 points.

Come on now. JVR is overwhelmed right now. He isn't ready.

Old
05-31-2010, 02:18 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Simply not true. Carcillo was a factor in the Boston series with his bodychecks and speed, until he hurt his knee. That he kept playing is a testament to his guts. That he came out for Carter made sense because he wasn't 100%.

Lavy has the luxury of 13 forwards who can play, someone has to sit.

Tonight it's JVR. Next game it could be any one of Carcillo, Asham, Powe or Laperriere (didn't think he did ANYTHING in game 1 except miss a glorious chance) .

The boys know that they have to play great or sit. That's not going to hurt at all - we'll see all the guys on the bubble flying again. I was ready to sit Asham for Carcillo vs. Montreal for game 5, then Asham steps up and plays the game of his life.... We need our whole team to do that tonight.

Win tonight and we have a good chance at the Cup. Lose tonight and it's going to be a lot harder. Therefore, win tonight.
Look, if he is hurt, you dont put him back in. I do think Lavy likes him though, hense why we keep seeing him on the top line for some reason. Even if he is good along the boards (he isnt amazing, but he is alright at doing that) that isnt a reason to put him on the top line. You know he wont get points, we all know that. The only thing he brings is his agitating, which he hasnt done since the NJ series. He just skates around out there, makes a few passes and hops on the bench. I think thats a complete waste on a line you hope will put up points. Now instead of worring about Gagne-Richards-Carter, they are going to focus more on just Richards and Carter. And I know what people are gonna say "Well then that leaves Carcillo open to score!" Well, the Hawks are gonna take that chance then, because the percentage is low enough not to worry about it.

All I am saying is, that scoring wasnt our problem last game. We score goals, we just couldnt stop them. Im glad Parent is out for Bart (is it Parent or Krajicek?)

Old
05-31-2010, 02:19 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by harakiri View Post
Ummm.. So far he hasn't really did anything with the points.

JVR - 4 points.. Carcillo... 6 points.

Come on now. JVR is overwhelmed right now. He isn't ready.
JVR played with Giroux and Asham

Carcillo with Richards and Gagne

HUGE difference. Carcillo had 6 points playing on our top line, while JVR did play with Giroux, Asham hasnt been doing much until that one game

Old
05-31-2010, 02:21 PM
DUHockey9

Quote:

HUGE difference. Carcillo had 6 points playing on our top line, while JVR did play with Giroux, Asham hasnt been doing much until that one game
ok. Asham 7 pts.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 02:22 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
ok. Asham 7 pts.
Aww come on. Even if he had points, at one point, he was expendible for being taken out (he has 3 points in his last 2 games, after he turned it on)

Old
05-31-2010, 02:23 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:

HUGE difference
So you are saying Asham and Giroux suck right???

Giroux has been a beast in these playoffs and Asham has did his thing... Face it. JVR isn't ready yet. The kid looks tired and out of place. He will get better as he gets older but right now its more of potential with JVR than we know what we are going to get. The kid needs a break.

Old
05-31-2010, 02:24 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by harakiri View Post
So you are saying Asham and Giroux suck right???

Giroux has been a beast in these playoffs and Asham has did his thing... Face it. JVR isn't ready yet. The kid looks tired and out of place. He will get better as he gets older but right now its more of potential with JVR than we know what we are going to get. The kid needs a break.
Read my edit.

Plus people are missing my point.

Last thing if people can answer this:

If things are working on the offensive side, why change it?

Old
05-31-2010, 02:27 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Look, if he is hurt, you dont put him back in. I do think Lavy likes him though, hense why we keep seeing him on the top line for some reason. I'm glad Parent is out for Bart (is it Parent or Krajicek?)
The report said Bart is in for Parent. Krajicek is OK so have to assume he's in.

The reason Lavy plays Carcillo with Gagne and Richards is simple. They are friggin' awesome together.

Carcillo creates room for his linemates, makes excellent passes and scares the opposition D with thundering body checks and enough 'crazy' to make them wonder if they'll survive the next trip into the corner.

Taking JVR means some changes down the roster, so whatever happens, Giroux's line is going to be more defensively responsible.

Old
05-31-2010, 02:29 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Read my edit.

Plus people are missing my point.

Last thing if people can answer this:

This is a shakeup to the defensive side if you actually analyze it.

The JVR-Roo-Asham line cannot play defense... Asham is terrible in his own zone.

With Carcillo in he moves to the top line with Richie and Carts and that brings Gagne(arguably are best two-way player) down to the Asham-Roo line. The line up is more balanced.

Old
05-31-2010, 02:31 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Things weren't working for the JVR-Giroux-Asham line at either end in the last game, which is why they are changing it.

Asham got his goal while out with Briere and Hartnell.

Gagne, Richards and Carter didn't score either.

Changing some things up makes a lot of sense if your plan is to be more defensive - trading some youthful offensive skill for some youthful hitting and nastiness makes a lot of sense.

Old
05-31-2010, 02:38 PM
mypunkrock

remember guys, this probably also has something to do with JvR not being defensively responsible in the past game, as well as times before that.

Lavi is a defense first coach, and expects more of his players. Simple as that.

mypunkrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 02:43 PM
mm6492

Gagne or Carter with Giroux....give him something to work with.

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote