HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dman Prospects

Old
05-31-2010, 04:16 PM
Jwm1986

vCash: 500
Dman Prospects

We have an abundance of high end dman in our system and its obvious they all wont be part of our team. I want to know who you think will be part of our team in the next few years and who you think will be traded....

Thomas Hickey
Colton Teubert
Slava Voynov
Jake Muzzin

Drewiske
Campbell
Martinez
Deslauriers

The way i look at it:

Drew Doughty
Jack Johnson
Matt Greene
Rob Scuderi

these are our top 4 core guys right now, which pretty much opens up 2 spots....maybe 3 if we roll 7 dman, which i doubt we do

What do we do and who will be part of our team and who wont?

The way i see it, Hickey has to be part of this team, so does that make Voynov Expendable? I personally think Voynov could be a very special player....

Everyone was super high on Muzzin when he played in Manchester during the playoffs....people saying hes gonna be a gem.... So does he make Teubert expendable?

Jeez we have such a nice problem when it comes to our young Dman

thank Dean Lombardi for this

Jwm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 04:25 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Unless Teubert really shows them something in camp, i think he is the odd-man out.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 05:13 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

I think VV is the only high end guy we have right now, as far as prospects go.

Hickey has a nice skillset, but he has injury issues before hitting the NHL, how is he going to handle even bigger and stronger forwards at the NHL level? I think he is the definition of a wild card at this point. No problem with the pick, you have to gamble sometimes, just wish the Kings had been able to trade down a few spots.

Teubert, I think everyone at this point would be ecstatic if he has a Sean O'Donnell type career. He really hasn't progressed nearly as well as his peers in that draft and the Kings sending him to the ECHL rather than the AHL (where a Top 15 pick should be a big time pickup for a Calder Cup caliber team) was really telling. I just think there are too many better d-man ahead of him, he will likely be used as trade bait in the future.

Deslauriers, I don't know. The fact that he plays in a league that is not known for producing as many d-man as it does goalies and forwards is a bit of a strike against him, but we will see. He has another year in the Q and hopefully he makes strides and dominates as a 19 year old.

Lets just hope that someone, whether its one of these three, or Muzzin or Martinez steps up and can fill the future 4-6 roles for the Kings. I think we are pretty well set with Doughty, Jack and VV as the Top 3.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote