Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Looking for information about HockeyAllsvenskan

Old
05-31-2010, 12:12 PM
Darkstar2010

vCash: 500
Looking for information about HockeyAllsvenskan

I have a few questions about HockeyAllsvenskan. I hope you guys can help answer them....

What is the average salary for players?

How many games in a season?

When does the season begin and end?

How does someone get into this league? Are there tryouts?

thank you for any help!!!! :]

Darkstar2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 12:45 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

http://www.hockeyallsvenskan.se/

(Moving thread to International forum.)

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Darkstar2010

I can't understand anything on that link because I don't speak swedish. I did a lot of googling before I posted this thread and it was impossible to find the answers to my questions in english...So if anyone can help answer my questions it would be really helpful thanx!

Darkstar2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 02:31 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
They played 55 games between 9/16 and 3/7 this season. Don't know much else. A lot of players have normal jobs as well, though.

Systemfel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 04:16 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstar2010 View Post
I can't understand anything on that link because I don't speak swedish. I did a lot of googling before I posted this thread and it was impossible to find the answers to my questions in english...So if anyone can help answer my questions it would be really helpful thanx!
http://translate.google.com/translat...2F&sl=sv&tl=en

Google does a decent job of translating text, so you might be able to get some of the information out of it.

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 05:50 PM
zecke26

how to get into the allsvenskan? well, i'd say get an agent who has experience with european club hockey and your level of hockey shouldn't be worse than elite ECHL level. because otherwise you are not useful as import player for swedish HA teams.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 01:33 AM
Tomas W

Yes I would too suggest to try to contact some kind of agent. Or some official at swehockey, (there is a site called swehockey.se, there is a button on the left that says "in english")

The salaries can vary a lot, as the economy of the teams vary a lot. But I don't actually know how much money you make?? I guess if you play in Leksand you might get SEL a like salay like between 7000-40000 USD/month and if you play a bottom dweller the average salary might be like 3000USD / month. This is just guesses but I dont think its far off the truth.

Tomas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 12:29 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas W View Post
Yes I would too suggest to try to contact some kind of agent. Or some official at swehockey, (there is a site called swehockey.se, there is a button on the left that says "in english")

The salaries can vary a lot, as the economy of the teams vary a lot. But I don't actually know how much money you make?? I guess if you play in Leksand you might get SEL a like salay like between 7000-40000 USD/month and if you play a bottom dweller the average salary might be like 3000USD / month. This is just guesses but I dont think its far off the truth.
I think that's about it. Salaries are not officially announced in Sweden it's so hard to say. But yeah, most players are fully professionals. Young players are generally filling the last spots if necessary.

Foreigners coming in though are usually of high standards and among the top players for their respective team. A lot of these foreigners are brought in with help from external sponsor money and they sometimes sign on 6-month contracts(because of tax reliefs). Allsvenskan is great for foreigners that wants to be seen and the best of them usually take the next step to SEL.

It's not a bush league by any stretch, 14 pro teams from south to north playing 55 games, TV contracts, attendance average leaguewide maybe 3.5k or so. But the top and bottom are quite different things even if the league has become much deeper.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote