HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Justified

Old
04-21-2010, 04:23 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
The Tank thanks you

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
I don't know man I watch a ton of **** on tv these days, but you can't not have been a little annoyed at last night's episode. I'm not taking anything away from it because I enjoyed it, but a lot of the stuff that happened just came out of nowhere.
I haven't seen it yet but I'll post pack after I watch it on DVR.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 05:53 PM
DaStars99
Purdue Alumnus

quality show, last nights was a little strange but still good

DaStars99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 07:09 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

The last two episodes have really started to lay down some serial storyline. Last week's in particular was very enjoyable as the main characters are becoming more layered.

Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 07:49 PM
Shameus

Did anyone else notice it was Raylan's stepmom who pulled the shotgun on the guy threatening Ava in the hardware store?

I liked the ending of the episode and introduction of Boyd's father Bo. Although they said he wasn't getting out for a while and then he is out in the next episode from the previews it looks like.

Shameus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 11:18 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
The Tank thanks you

I guess I'm gonna keep watching it, not much better is on anyway.

My only outstanding problem right now is that all the ancillary characters seem completely replaceable.

Old
05-13-2010, 12:23 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Has anyone read any of Elmore Leonard's works?

I'd love to hear some feedback/recommendations.

Old
06-02-2010, 03:37 AM
silverfish
KEVIN!

That was the season finale right? Jeez...what an odd way to end a season.

Everything hit the fan and not a single thing was solved...at least they set themselves up with a ton of storylines for season 2.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

The season finale is next week.

I'm loving how complex the show has become in only the first season. It'll be interesting to see if Yost can keep all these irons in play. It's certainly made for some fascinating angles.

Old
06-02-2010, 04:25 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane View Post
The season finale is next week.

I'm loving how complex the show has become in only the first season. It'll be interesting to see if Yost can keep all these irons in play. It's certainly made for some fascinating angles.
Oh ok thank god, for some reason I thought last night was episode 13, and you have to imagine my frustration thinking that that was the season finale...

Awesome, I'm now really pumped for next week.

Old
06-10-2010, 12:45 AM
Meganuck*

No love for the season finale? I thought it was great, Raylan is a straight up killer, and it is so great to see Walton Goggins back on TV.

Bring on season 2!

Meganuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 12:50 AM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

I enjoyed the show this season. As a whole, it just had a different feeling to it, from the down-south folksiness to the fact that he was a Marshall, making his role slightly different from those of typical cops in TV land.

I will say that the finale went back to the "shoot-em up" feel from some of the earlier episodes, but as a whole, it was a good one. Raylan off'ing that guy from under the window was badass!

Old
06-10-2010, 10:43 AM
Shameus

I have to say that I liked the development of Walton Goggins' character this season. I was a small fan of his before this show, but I have to say I really am a much bigger fan of his after this season.

Timmy Olyphant did a good job all season long. I know that there are a few TV critics who are pulling for him to get an Emmy nod for this character.

As far as the finale goes, I was a little let down. Killing off Bo so early, leaves a hole in the whole Harland having bad guys. I mean since Boyd is reformed and the Sheriff is locked up. I guess they will continue with the whole Miami connection. Now the whole mock shooting thing Raylan did towards Boyd as he drove away is a little interesting. I wonder how they are going to continue that relationship next season.

I have to say I don't know whether to be interested or disappointed about the whole love triangle thing with Ava and Winona heading into next season. Don't really feel all that strongly one way or the other. Although part of me wondered if they were not trying to build towards Boyd and Ava in the future in the Finale.

Old
06-10-2010, 02:25 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

That was pretty awesome I think.

Although like a poster above me said there doesn't seem to be any crime in Harlan for next season, guess they'll just introduce a new character or focus completely on the Miami cartel.

Should be interesting, and it was a fun ride this season.

Old
06-10-2010, 04:14 PM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameus View Post
I have to say that I liked the development of Walton Goggins' character this season. I was a small fan of his before this show, but I have to say I really am a much bigger fan of his after this season.

Timmy Olyphant did a good job all season long. I know that there are a few TV critics who are pulling for him to get an Emmy nod for this character.

As far as the finale goes, I was a little let down. Killing off Bo so early, leaves a hole in the whole Harland having bad guys. I mean since Boyd is reformed and the Sheriff is locked up. I guess they will continue with the whole Miami connection. Now the whole mock shooting thing Raylan did towards Boyd as he drove away is a little interesting. I wonder how they are going to continue that relationship next season.

I have to say I don't know whether to be interested or disappointed about the whole love triangle thing with Ava and Winona heading into next season. Don't really feel all that strongly one way or the other. Although part of me wondered if they were not trying to build towards Boyd and Ava in the future in the Finale.
I don't think Boyd will ever really be totally reformed. He'll always be a "frenemy" to Raylan.

Plus, easy enough to introduce another big Bag. They practically did with Gio.

SK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 05:39 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Where do you guys think season 2 picks up? Days? Months later? Or right with Boyd chasing down the girl that got away.

I was also thinking that they might have Arlo take over as bad ass #1 in Harlan with Bo out of the picture, just like he did when Bo went away.

Old
06-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Where do you guys think season 2 picks up? Days? Months later? Or right with Boyd chasing down the girl that got away.

I was also thinking that they might have Arlo take over as bad ass #1 in Harlan with Bo out of the picture, just like he did when Bo went away.
I've gotta think that Arlo gets back in prison for pulling a gun on and trying to kidnap Raylan. He admitted to the plan as well, right? At the very least, the feds will be on him for reneging on their deal to rat.

Also, I need to mention the Boyd angle. For the entirety of his "new beginning" there's been plenty of speculation of whether Boyd was faking it or not. Although it doesn't appear that he was, having Bo kill off all his flock and forcing Boyd to question his new found beliefs was a great way to get Boyd out from the religious/cult angle. He could very well be back to his old ways next season.

I've gotta think next season will be Raylan vs. Miami. The two from Miami were, if not related to, definitely very dear and close to the kingpin in Miami. If he was wanted Raylan alive so badly after killing one of his good men (the guy from the pilot...Tommy Bucks?), then I'm sure he'll want him even more after taking out at least one--but probably two--of his top people.

Old
06-10-2010, 08:12 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
The Tank thanks you

Quote:
That was pretty awesome I think.

Although like a poster above me said there doesn't seem to be any crime in Harlan for next season, guess they'll just introduce a new character or focus completely on the Miami cartel.

Should be interesting, and it was a fun ride this season.
I loved the Finale. I agree things seem to be moving pretty fast so there has to be some sort of new element. I worry about the longevity of a show like this. In The Shield they really did a great job of evenly dispersing the shows story through all 7 season; it would not Surprise me if the creators of Justified had a slightly different vision in wanting the first season to stand on its own a little bit.

Sadly given that this is FX we might have to wait a whole year or more for season 2.

Old
08-07-2010, 01:43 AM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

vCash: 3498
Justified

Anyone else like this show? On FX in America and SC in Canada.

Tim Olyphant as a modern-day US Marshall, basically kills at least one bad guy per episode. You'd think that might get old, but it really doesn't. Great sets, and great writing.

The series received a score of 81 on Metacritic, which is considered "universal acclaim."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justified_(TV_series)

Chairman Maouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2010, 05:55 AM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

I loved it. Good show. It got renewed for a second season by the way.

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

Yeah I read it was renewed before I signed up for the 4 new channels I get.

I just recently got a free preview of the channel it's on in Canada and loved it. Signed up. Now I'l get Sons of Anarchy too. Saw that a few times on a previous preview and loved it but didn't get the new package. Justified put me over the top. SC carries series in Canada that are on FX, TNT and Showtime in the states, among other things. It also carried that recent Fedor fight.

Old
08-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Shameus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Maouth View Post
Anyone else like this show? On FX in America and SC in Canada.

Tim Olyphant as a modern-day US Marshall, basically kills at least one bad guy per episode. You'd think that might get old, but it really doesn't. Great sets, and great writing.

The series received a score of 81 on Metacritic, which is considered "universal acclaim."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justified_(TV_series)

Old
08-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameus View Post

Last edited by Chairman Maouth: 08-07-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Old
02-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Justified
Amaro out

anyone else psyched for the season 2 premiere on Wednesday?

Justified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 09:19 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
anyone else psyched for the season 2 premiere on Wednesday?
I've been waiting patiently for it. Can't wait.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 11:43 AM
Central PA Hawk Fan

Central PA Hawk Fan is offline   Reply With Quote