HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Justified

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-21-2010, 04:23 PM
  #26
SniperHF
Global Moderator
The Tank thanks you
 
SniperHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 15,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
I don't know man I watch a ton of **** on tv these days, but you can't not have been a little annoyed at last night's episode. I'm not taking anything away from it because I enjoyed it, but a lot of the stuff that happened just came out of nowhere.
I haven't seen it yet but I'll post pack after I watch it on DVR.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 05:53 PM
  #27
DaStars99
Purdue Alumnus
 
DaStars99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,095
vCash: 500
quality show, last nights was a little strange but still good

DaStars99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 07:09 PM
  #28
Ensane
EL GUAPO
 
Ensane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 15,404
vCash: 500
The last two episodes have really started to lay down some serial storyline. Last week's in particular was very enjoyable as the main characters are becoming more layered.

Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 07:49 PM
  #29
Shameus
Moderator
 
Shameus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Middle of a Migraine
Country: Ireland
Posts: 5,684
vCash: 500
Did anyone else notice it was Raylan's stepmom who pulled the shotgun on the guy threatening Ava in the hardware store?

I liked the ending of the episode and introduction of Boyd's father Bo. Although they said he wasn't getting out for a while and then he is out in the next episode from the previews it looks like.

Shameus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 11:18 PM
  #30
SniperHF
Global Moderator
The Tank thanks you
 
SniperHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 15,449
vCash: 500
I guess I'm gonna keep watching it, not much better is on anyway.

My only outstanding problem right now is that all the ancillary characters seem completely replaceable.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 12:23 PM
  #31
Ensane
EL GUAPO
 
Ensane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 15,404
vCash: 500
Has anyone read any of Elmore Leonard's works?

I'd love to hear some feedback/recommendations.

Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 03:37 AM
  #32
silverfish
KEVIN!
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 16,022
vCash: 500
That was the season finale right? Jeez...what an odd way to end a season.

Everything hit the fan and not a single thing was solved...at least they set themselves up with a ton of storylines for season 2.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 11:30 AM
  #33
Ensane
EL GUAPO
 
Ensane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 15,404
vCash: 500
The season finale is next week.

I'm loving how complex the show has become in only the first season. It'll be interesting to see if Yost can keep all these irons in play. It's certainly made for some fascinating angles.

Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 04:25 PM
  #34
silverfish
KEVIN!
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 16,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane View Post
The season finale is next week.

I'm loving how complex the show has become in only the first season. It'll be interesting to see if Yost can keep all these irons in play. It's certainly made for some fascinating angles.
Oh ok thank god, for some reason I thought last night was episode 13, and you have to imagine my frustration thinking that that was the season finale...

Awesome, I'm now really pumped for next week.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 12:45 AM
  #35
Meganuck*
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Vancouver,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,036
vCash: 500
No love for the season finale? I thought it was great, Raylan is a straight up killer, and it is so great to see Walton Goggins back on TV.

Bring on season 2!

Meganuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 12:50 AM
  #36
Ensane
EL GUAPO
 
Ensane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 15,404
vCash: 500
I enjoyed the show this season. As a whole, it just had a different feeling to it, from the down-south folksiness to the fact that he was a Marshall, making his role slightly different from those of typical cops in TV land.

I will say that the finale went back to the "shoot-em up" feel from some of the earlier episodes, but as a whole, it was a good one. Raylan off'ing that guy from under the window was badass!

Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 10:43 AM
  #37
Shameus
Moderator
 
Shameus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Middle of a Migraine
Country: Ireland
Posts: 5,684
vCash: 500
I have to say that I liked the development of Walton Goggins' character this season. I was a small fan of his before this show, but I have to say I really am a much bigger fan of his after this season.

Timmy Olyphant did a good job all season long. I know that there are a few TV critics who are pulling for him to get an Emmy nod for this character.

As far as the finale goes, I was a little let down. Killing off Bo so early, leaves a hole in the whole Harland having bad guys. I mean since Boyd is reformed and the Sheriff is locked up. I guess they will continue with the whole Miami connection. Now the whole mock shooting thing Raylan did towards Boyd as he drove away is a little interesting. I wonder how they are going to continue that relationship next season.

I have to say I don't know whether to be interested or disappointed about the whole love triangle thing with Ava and Winona heading into next season. Don't really feel all that strongly one way or the other. Although part of me wondered if they were not trying to build towards Boyd and Ava in the future in the Finale.

Shameus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 02:25 PM
  #38
silverfish
KEVIN!
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 16,022
vCash: 500
That was pretty awesome I think.

Although like a poster above me said there doesn't seem to be any crime in Harlan for next season, guess they'll just introduce a new character or focus completely on the Miami cartel.

Should be interesting, and it was a fun ride this season.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 04:14 PM
  #39
SK13
Mo'Linguish
 
SK13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,223
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameus View Post
I have to say that I liked the development of Walton Goggins' character this season. I was a small fan of his before this show, but I have to say I really am a much bigger fan of his after this season.

Timmy Olyphant did a good job all season long. I know that there are a few TV critics who are pulling for him to get an Emmy nod for this character.

As far as the finale goes, I was a little let down. Killing off Bo so early, leaves a hole in the whole Harland having bad guys. I mean since Boyd is reformed and the Sheriff is locked up. I guess they will continue with the whole Miami connection. Now the whole mock shooting thing Raylan did towards Boyd as he drove away is a little interesting. I wonder how they are going to continue that relationship next season.

I have to say I don't know whether to be interested or disappointed about the whole love triangle thing with Ava and Winona heading into next season. Don't really feel all that strongly one way or the other. Although part of me wondered if they were not trying to build towards Boyd and Ava in the future in the Finale.
I don't think Boyd will ever really be totally reformed. He'll always be a "frenemy" to Raylan.

Plus, easy enough to introduce another big Bag. They practically did with Gio.

SK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 05:39 PM
  #40
silverfish
KEVIN!
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 16,022
vCash: 500
Where do you guys think season 2 picks up? Days? Months later? Or right with Boyd chasing down the girl that got away.

I was also thinking that they might have Arlo take over as bad ass #1 in Harlan with Bo out of the picture, just like he did when Bo went away.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 05:51 PM
  #41
Ensane
EL GUAPO
 
Ensane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 15,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Where do you guys think season 2 picks up? Days? Months later? Or right with Boyd chasing down the girl that got away.

I was also thinking that they might have Arlo take over as bad ass #1 in Harlan with Bo out of the picture, just like he did when Bo went away.
I've gotta think that Arlo gets back in prison for pulling a gun on and trying to kidnap Raylan. He admitted to the plan as well, right? At the very least, the feds will be on him for reneging on their deal to rat.

Also, I need to mention the Boyd angle. For the entirety of his "new beginning" there's been plenty of speculation of whether Boyd was faking it or not. Although it doesn't appear that he was, having Bo kill off all his flock and forcing Boyd to question his new found beliefs was a great way to get Boyd out from the religious/cult angle. He could very well be back to his old ways next season.

I've gotta think next season will be Raylan vs. Miami. The two from Miami were, if not related to, definitely very dear and close to the kingpin in Miami. If he was wanted Raylan alive so badly after killing one of his good men (the guy from the pilot...Tommy Bucks?), then I'm sure he'll want him even more after taking out at least one--but probably two--of his top people.

Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 08:12 PM
  #42
SniperHF
Global Moderator
The Tank thanks you
 
SniperHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 15,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
That was pretty awesome I think.

Although like a poster above me said there doesn't seem to be any crime in Harlan for next season, guess they'll just introduce a new character or focus completely on the Miami cartel.

Should be interesting, and it was a fun ride this season.
I loved the Finale. I agree things seem to be moving pretty fast so there has to be some sort of new element. I worry about the longevity of a show like this. In The Shield they really did a great job of evenly dispersing the shows story through all 7 season; it would not Surprise me if the creators of Justified had a slightly different vision in wanting the first season to stand on its own a little bit.

Sadly given that this is FX we might have to wait a whole year or more for season 2.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2010, 01:43 AM
  #43
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator
 
Chairman Maouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fire Lake
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,307
vCash: 3498
Justified

Anyone else like this show? On FX in America and SC in Canada.

Tim Olyphant as a modern-day US Marshall, basically kills at least one bad guy per episode. You'd think that might get old, but it really doesn't. Great sets, and great writing.

The series received a score of 81 on Metacritic, which is considered "universal acclaim."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justified_(TV_series)

Chairman Maouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2010, 05:55 AM
  #44
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 17,502
vCash: 500
I loved it. Good show. It got renewed for a second season by the way.

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2010, 10:32 AM
  #45
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator
 
Chairman Maouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fire Lake
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,307
vCash: 3498
Yeah I read it was renewed before I signed up for the 4 new channels I get.

I just recently got a free preview of the channel it's on in Canada and loved it. Signed up. Now I'l get Sons of Anarchy too. Saw that a few times on a previous preview and loved it but didn't get the new package. Justified put me over the top. SC carries series in Canada that are on FX, TNT and Showtime in the states, among other things. It also carried that recent Fedor fight.

Chairman Maouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2010, 12:28 PM
  #46
Shameus
Moderator
 
Shameus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Middle of a Migraine
Country: Ireland
Posts: 5,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Maouth View Post
Anyone else like this show? On FX in America and SC in Canada.

Tim Olyphant as a modern-day US Marshall, basically kills at least one bad guy per episode. You'd think that might get old, but it really doesn't. Great sets, and great writing.

The series received a score of 81 on Metacritic, which is considered "universal acclaim."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justified_(TV_series)

Shameus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2010, 05:42 PM
  #47
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator
 
Chairman Maouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fire Lake
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,307
vCash: 3498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameus View Post








Last edited by Chairman Maouth: 08-07-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Chairman Maouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 02:02 PM
  #48
Justified
Moderator
Amaro out
 
Justified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 31,816
vCash: 500
anyone else psyched for the season 2 premiere on Wednesday?

Justified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 09:19 AM
  #49
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
anyone else psyched for the season 2 premiere on Wednesday?
I've been waiting patiently for it. Can't wait.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 11:43 AM
  #50
Central PA Hawk Fan
Registered User
 
Central PA Hawk Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: York, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,097
vCash: 500

Central PA Hawk Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.