HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which Goalie would you want to keep?

View Poll Results: Which goalie
halak 115 34.33%
price 220 65.67%
Voters: 335. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-02-2010, 08:21 AM
smiler2729

vCash: 500
Price, he seems to be maturing and once he gets his head where his talent is, YEAH BABY!

Halak, had a good year, an awesome round or so in the playoffs but now it comes out (whether it be him or his agent) that he is "uncomfortable" with the pressure cooker that is Montreal. Plus he's gonna want a huge raise. Plus the last thing we all want is anothe rflash-in-the-pan like Steve Penney, Jose Theodore or Cristobal Huet...

Carey Price!

Old
06-02-2010, 08:50 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiler2729 View Post
Price, he seems to be maturing and once he gets his head where his talent is, YEAH BABY!

Halak, had a good year, an awesome round or so in the playoffs but now it comes out (whether it be him or his agent) that he is "uncomfortable" with the pressure cooker that is Montreal. Plus he's gonna want a huge raise. Plus the last thing we all want is anothe rflash-in-the-pan like Steve Penney, Jose Theodore or Cristobal Huet...

Carey Price!
This is news to me. Anyone got a link I can check out?

Old
06-02-2010, 08:52 AM
Pleky Roks

Halak all the way!!!!

Old
06-02-2010, 09:01 AM
MTL-rules

I voted Price, but I made a mistake, I thought it was the one who sould be traded... I hope there are many of you who made the same mistake, because trading Halak and keeping Price is ****ing insane.

But keeping both is a very interesting choice...

Old
06-02-2010, 09:38 AM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

Carey Price for two reasons sited on this board already:

1. Halak might get us more
2. Price is not a bust and with the year he's had, his contract will be interesting an he will want to prove himself. I liked his attitude at the end of our playoff run.

Old
06-02-2010, 09:44 AM
couris

**** halak

Old
06-02-2010, 09:49 AM
DougHarvey

While I like both goalies equally , I think Halak's value is at an all-time high while Price's has probably dropped.

We all know you sell high and buy low.

Old
06-02-2010, 09:49 AM
piere McGuire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
You spelt Pierre McGuire wrong.
some already had pierre with two Rs

Old
06-02-2010, 09:51 AM
MJN79

Halak thanks for the great playoff run, but Carey is the future.

Old
06-02-2010, 10:04 AM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougHarvey View Post
While I like both goalies equally , I think Halak's value is at an all-time high while Price's has probably dropped.

We all know you sell high and buy low.
This is true, but at the same time there's a reason for their values being where they are -- there's a pretty good chance we'll be trading away the better goalie.

I think Carey Price can be great, but Halak has already been great for us. I think it's a major, major risk to hope Price can become mentally solid before the fans run him out of town. And if he's the reason the guy who's currently the most popular on the team is shipped out he's going to have absolutely no breathing room at all.

Either way there's a chance we make the wrong choice, but I just haven't seen nearly enough from Price to bet that he's ever going to be as good as Halak was for us this year. I also question whether Jaro can duplicate that success, but I'm more willing to put my money on him at this point.

Old
06-02-2010, 10:25 AM
NLHabsFan

Should keep both.

I don't know if anyone else seen this last night but, Darren Dreger was on OTR Next Question and was asked who will be in net for the Habs next season and he said one word "Price." I don't know if that was just his opinion or if it's the info he is getting. He didn't elaborate just used one word. I'm not saying it means anything but he usually knows what he is talking about.

Anybody else see that?

Old
06-02-2010, 10:29 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Longterm I think everyone is hoping that Price becomes the guy we've been told to expect, and that we can lean on for years to come. In the mean time though, I can't think of many (any?) other goalies I want holding down the fort instead of Halak. Thusly, for next year at least, my answer is quite firmly "both".

Old
06-02-2010, 10:58 AM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by piere McGuire View Post
halak, or price
Where's the ****ing Both option?

Go back and try again, rook.

Old
06-02-2010, 11:13 AM
Natedawg
Lars Eller

Sir Carey Price

Old
06-02-2010, 11:39 AM
Carey Chant

One of the biggest Carey Price fans here but Halak won me over this season. I have never been confident with Price in the playoffs and he has some of the worst luck I've seen for a goalie.

Halak showed up for the playoffs and that's what is the most important. Put Price in the net this year and we would have been golfing in 4-5 games against the Caps.

I still can't believe people are calling Halak's performance a fluke or teams will figure him out. If we trade Halak we will regret it for many years.

Old
06-02-2010, 11:41 AM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Both. But obviously OP is too noob to add that as an option.

Old
06-02-2010, 11:45 AM
McNuts

I want to keep Price. Trade Halak, he's got good value too.

Old
06-02-2010, 11:49 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
I cant wait to see this board if Halak gets traded and Price signed.
Watch all the whining and moaning about it
if just might explode haha

Old
06-02-2010, 11:52 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Trade them both and in return get two top forwards. Ah, I bet you didn't think of that one.

Old
06-02-2010, 11:54 AM
Pleky Roks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincecarder View Post
One of the biggest Carey Price fans here but Halak won me over this season. I have never been confident with Price in the playoffs and he has some of the worst luck I've seen for a goalie.

Halak showed up for the playoffs and that's what is the most important. Put Price in the net this year and we would have been golfing in 4-5 games against the Caps.

I still can't believe people are calling Halak's performance a fluke or teams will figure him out. If we trade Halak we will regret it for many years.

I don't understand it either. Halak has shown more than Price has over the last 2 seasons and Halak would have been even better if he would have got more playing time last year.

Price has failed!! Sure he played some terrific games along the way, but then he'd follow up with a 6-1 loss the very next game giving up 6 goals on 20 shots.

Halak is more consistant. He always keeps the team in the game and even when he plays a rotten game, he still only lets in 4 goals or so. You need to have consistancy as a goalie for the team to have faith in you....Price doesn't have any consistancy which is why the team plays bad in front of Price. Price isn't mature enough either. He blames everybody if he lets in a bad goal, shaking his head at his defencemen. Halak just shrugs it off and gets ready for the next shot and doesn't let things bother him.

I knew Halak was a good goalie when he got called up the year Huet got hurt and Aebischer sucked down the stretch. I don't know what more Halak has to do to prove he should be the #1 goalie for the Habs.....he's already done a lot more than Price has and he's been a lot more consistant along the way.

Old
06-02-2010, 11:59 AM
Miller Time

amazing that Price gets the higher % of votes, despite the masterful playoff/olympic performance Halak just put on...

and yet I voted Price as well.

At this point, it seems pretty clear to me that moving forward with either one would work... does anyone honestly think either one would be less capable than Leighton/Niemi???

so it comes down to a combination of who would get you the highest return and who would be more cost effective.

Thanks to Halak's performance, you have to imagine that the return for either would be about the same, maybe even slightly higher for Halak at this point (though you never know, there are bound to be a few GM's out there who see Price as the next Luongo/Miller).

Given their respective ages, Price gives us more RFA years moving forward, and we could probably lock him up for a few seasons, right now, at less than we'd have to pay for Halak over the same duration.

Trade Halak for some assets that make the team better right now, and use the extra cap space to further solidify the team...

It works both ways I suppose, but the extra salary room tips it in favor of keeping Price, imo.

Old
06-02-2010, 11:59 AM
Kboum

I'd like to keep them both. but I'm scared Halak won't be as good. Yes he's work ethic is tremendous and everything but he isn't really big.

Most of the times, small goalies are hot but can't keep the pace all the career.

Big goalies are positionning goalies. Even if their reflex arent good in one game, they can still make the save even if they havent saw the puck. They won't make spectacular save because they always at the good place.

Rinne 6'5
Andersson 6'2
Quick 6'1
Rask 6'3
Fleury 6'2
Bryzgalov 6'3
Miller 6'2 (180lbs...)
Brodeur 6'2
Luongo 6'3

But yeah, I'd like to have them both back. One thing is sure, I hope they won't trade Price. He's work ethic is great now after a tough year, He still had decent stats last year despite his bad luck..

Old
06-02-2010, 12:15 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
amazing that Price gets the higher % of votes, despite the masterful playoff/olympic performance Halak just put on...

and yet I voted Price as well.

At this point, it seems pretty clear to me that moving forward with either one would work... does anyone honestly think either one would be less capable than Leighton/Niemi???

so it comes down to a combination of who would get you the highest return and who would be more cost effective.

Thanks to Halak's performance, you have to imagine that the return for either would be about the same, maybe even slightly higher for Halak at this point (though you never know, there are bound to be a few GM's out there who see Price as the next Luongo/Miller).

Given their respective ages, Price gives us more RFA years moving forward, and we could probably lock him up for a few seasons, right now, at less than we'd have to pay for Halak over the same duration.

Trade Halak for some assets that make the team better right now, and use the extra cap space to further solidify the team...

It works both ways I suppose, but the extra salary room tips it in favor of keeping Price, imo.
All of this, plus im big price "fanboy".

Old
06-02-2010, 12:22 PM
TankEller*

I'd keep Halak. Too many people underestimate the value of hard work.

That being said, as long as one gets traded this summer to bring in a player to help us at a weak position, I'll be happy. Status quo would kill the Habs long term in this file.

Old
06-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Komarov47

Desjardins

Closed Thread