HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Matt Cooke

Old
06-02-2010, 01:34 PM
coolasprICE

vCash: 500
Nice to see that some posters are gutsy enough to come-out and support signing him.

Yes he was dirty and yes it goes back longer than just last season.

However I don't think we'll see more head-shots and such from the guy considering how even his teammates disapproved of it and considering all the hatred and media attention he got ... this is just a hunch, but I think he'll clean-up his act.

And, most importantly, a "clean" Cooke is a 3rd or 4th line winger that this team could use big time. Truth be said, if Cooke plays his game, all the hatred would be forgotten after a few good shifts.

Give it up with the "we don't want players with bad reputations" .... think with your brain not your feelings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Levine View Post
Personally, I suggested Artyukhin as an add-on. But we do have some players in Hamilton who will try to make it. Guys like Ryan White, Brock Trotter and maybe David Desharnais. Add Moore, Lapierre, Pyatt and Moen to the lot, that's a lot of people.

Also, consider that if we add a top 6, and surely we must, then Pouliot might find himself playing on the 3rd or 4th line.
So you want a head case in Artyukhin but Cooke is a no?

You do realize that Cooke is non-issue in dressing room despite everyone trying to make it seem?

I'd take 12 Cookes on my team before 12 Artyukhin's.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 02:09 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
How about Carcillo. He doesn't seem to be a favorite of Laviolette. Maybe the Habs could nab him. And he's a good hockey player.
Carcillo is so dumb he can't even figure out who to hit on the ice. He'd probably injure Markov.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 02:15 PM
Rambler5

Cooke plays on the edge, no question. That said, he is a tough player to play against and the team that showed up against Philly could have used a few players like that.

Rambler5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 02:26 PM
Max Levine

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post

You do realize that Cooke is non-issue in dressing room despite everyone trying to make it seem?

I'd take 12 Cookes on my team before 12 Artyukhin's.
I'd take a big guy over a cheap shot artist, yes. Easy for you to say that he will clean up his act but this has been going on for a few years now. And how exactly would you know what is going in the dressing room? I based my judgment on Bill Guerin's comment. I wouldn't take 12 of either one. But between the two, I'd choose the big guy.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 02:26 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKSubban View Post
Matt Cooke would be an awesome addition to our team. He hits to hurt. That is something we're lacking on our team. On top of that he plays a very good cycle game and has decent stickhandling skills for a 3rd/4th liner. I would love if we signed him.
The problem is when he hits someone to hurt, it usually ends up with a 5 min penalty. I don't see any of our players wanting to clean the mess Cooke creates in a game.

If you like our Habs to play dirty and put players of the other team on a stretcher and destroy their knees, good for you. I don't encourage such attitude. We don't need that.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 04:30 PM
GordonGraham

He would be a great addition to any team

GordonGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 04:57 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Levine View Post
Personally, I suggested Artyukhin as an add-on. But we do have some players in Hamilton who will try to make it. Guys like Ryan White, Brock Trotter and maybe David Desharnais. Add Moore, Lapierre, Pyatt and Moen to the lot, that's a lot of people.

Also, consider that if we add a top 6, and surely we must, then Pouliot might find himself playing on the 3rd or 4th line.
Artyukin is a guy that has trouble fitting in any system. Might spend the year in JM's doghouse, plus he is not known as a team guy.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 05:35 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Artyukin is a guy that has trouble fitting in any system. Might spend the year in JM's doghouse, plus he is not known as a team guy.
We get both Cooke Artyukin and bring back Laraque and call it the LaCooKin line.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 05:40 PM
FF de Mars

I'd take Cooke, but I'd also try to get Avery. Can you guys imagine a Cooke Laps Avery line. Mwahahaha !

FF de Mars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

[QUOTE=coolasprICE;26100769

I'd take 12 Cookes on my team before 12 Artyukhin's.[/QUOTE]

How is Artyukhin a head case aside from his lack of English ?

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 06:01 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
How is Artyukhin a head case aside from his lack of English ?
He doesn't play a team game or sytem and is a selfish player.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 06:03 PM
Ncrdrg

Send a message via AIM to Ncrdrg Send a message via MSN to Ncrdrg
Piece of ****.
Pass.

Ncrdrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 06:04 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
I'd take Cooke, but I'd also try to get Avery. Can you guys imagine a Cooke Laps Avery line. Mwahahaha !
That would be sick - but I think Avery is exaggerative

Avery is a problem in the dressing room - Cooke doesn't have that reputation unlike what ppl are trying to make us believe. (please don't call-out the Guerin example after his cheap hit - it's an isolated example).

Old
06-02-2010, 06:35 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
For bottom six grit, how come no one ever talks about signing Asham? I'd take him on our bottom six in a second. Maybe not the most intimidating guy but he's not afraid to drop the gloves and, you may have noticed if you watched the playoffs at all, he can actually play hockey. Only made 640k this year, too.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 06:40 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
For bottom six grit, how come no one ever talks about signing Asham? I'd take him on our bottom six in a second. Maybe not the most intimidating guy but he's not afraid to drop the gloves and, you may have noticed if you watched the playoffs at all, he can actually play hockey. Only made 640k this year, too.
I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if we sign him since he'll be cheap.

Old
06-02-2010, 06:50 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Believe me, I've talked about it previously, and Asham is a great bottom-6 player we could use. I wonder if he'd come back in Montreal, but a Moen - Lapierre - Asham checking line would look awesome.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 06:57 PM
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally

I've thought about it before. I definitely wouldn't mind, but I doubt the Habs sign him.

Galchenyum is offline   Reply With Quote