HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Fleury lives the hype

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-29-2003, 01:12 PM
  #126
Habsolution
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: En tounoi avec Theo? Bonn chan!
Posts: 2,408
vCash: 500
WOW ! WOW ! WOW !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo
I kind of agree.
I think they were thinking two things :
1/ He shuts down Columbus or is still standgin on his head. Then no question asked, sign him and start him..
No questions asked ? Because of 4 good pre-season games right ? Just making sure ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo
2/ Or see him fail, and have a good reason for sending him back without looking like an ass to your fans.
Seeing him fail ? Because he allowed 5 goals he ... failed ? That one game now makes it reasonable in your eyes to send the kid down ? Something that was before totaly unthinkable ? What happens if next game he pulls a SO ?

Let's resume ...

4 good games = sure fire bet to play at least 10 games in the NHL ?

3 good games, 1 bad game (back-to-back) = he failed , send the kid down ?

Habsolution is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 03:43 PM
  #127
DJ Spinoza
Registered User
 
DJ Spinoza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 12,788
vCash: 500
Well, to be clear, I am fully supportive of a contract. There is little risk involved there, so he should definitely be signed.

I stand behind what I have said, regardless of a so-so game in Columbus (the team in front of him sucked big time, especially the defense).

Regardless of if he is often shelled during the season, it is my opinion that another WJC and Cape Breton year does him very little good. I'd rather see him learn and adapt to the NHL than totally dominate players he is much more skilled and NHL ready than. Sure, if he dominates them, that might be somewhat of a confidence booster, but he was drafted to be an NHL goalie. I think Cape Breton/Juniors has done their part in his development, and it is time to move on.

DJ Spinoza is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 04:10 PM
  #128
West Coast Express
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 99
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Express
WOW. its been pretty intense reading some of the posts in this thread.

i think some of you are forgetting how young 18 is. im 16, just 2 years younger, and even if i was an outstanding goalie, the #1 goalie prospect, i would not be able to go up against the best hockey players in the world. fluery is obviously awesome and i agree with everyone who said PIT should give him a 5-10 game "tryout" and possibly send him back down. that seems like the safest thing to do. PIT better not be stupid and should take advantage of the fact that they could have the best goalie in the NHL in 1-2 years.
that wasn't my point.

i do, however, agree with what you were saying about the stuff that comes with being an NHL starter.

West Coast Express is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 08:42 PM
  #129
Evilo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: France
Country: France
Posts: 27,035
vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolution
WOW ! WOW ! WOW !



No questions asked ? Because of 4 good pre-season games right ? Just making sure ...



Seeing him fail ? Because he allowed 5 goals he ... failed ? That one game now makes it reasonable in your eyes to send the kid down ? Something that was before totaly unthinkable ? What happens if next game he pulls a SO ?

Let's resume ...

4 good games = sure fire bet to play at least 10 games in the NHL ?

3 good games, 1 bad game (back-to-back) = he failed , send the kid down ?
I think from the beginning, management wanted to send him down. But so far he hasn't looked close to human, so they were in no position to send him down.
Now that he has looked beatable in one game, they can throw out their BS about how he needs to get soe playing time, blah, blah, blah.

That's what I meant.

Evilo is offline  
Old
09-30-2003, 06:58 AM
  #130
Joey24
Registered User
 
Joey24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New Zealand
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 5,482
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Joey24
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
He has alot of flaws still, he isn't good puck handling and he can be caught cheating alot short side. He needs to get bigger and stronger also. He is fairly weak blocker side, which is usually shot side.
I don't think MAF has as many flaws as your point out. He is still young and I think may become one of the top 2 goalies in the leage down the road. I think he is really close to being able to start in the NHL though I don't think one more season playing for the screaming eagles would hurt him either. There are some aspects he has to improve on but they are not that dramastic. as for your points of him being weak on the blocker side I live in Cape Breton so I got to see almost all the Eagle's games and I really didn't see it that way... He uses his body well to get in a position to block the shot... I find he has a good blocker and glove hand though I think his weakest may be on the short side and he does have to work a bit on his puck handeling There is not much more wrong with his game... I just hope the pens let him progress the right way

Joey24 is offline  
Old
09-30-2003, 12:02 PM
  #131
tom_servo
Registered User
 
tom_servo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 10,872
vCash: 500
So, anyway, Pittsburgh will attempt to sign him.

http://www.post-gazette.com/breaking...30pensnet8.asp

tom_servo is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.