HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Where can Comrie really end up?

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2003, 07:11 PM
Clash*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos1
FLA has no one on their roster right now with Comries offensive ability except maybe Kozlov and Jokinen. Comrie will get 60 points or mroe and plays a gritty game even for a little guy. I love it when you say that weiss will do everything that comrie will, yet FLA seems to be sending him to the minors so i wonder how that will work. Will Weiss be scoring 60 points on his days off from San antonio? If Weiss is so great defensivly why is he going to the minors then? You don't get sent to the minors to learn offense you get sent down to learn defence. So i think you sunk your argument right there.
Try addin Huselius that has the ability and Bure's been showin why Florida acquired him originally. Kristian could total those points of Comrie's if he wasn't sat half a game and in vital situations, which he thrives in, as he is a top clutch scorer on this team. Bein Keenan's whippin boy is a *****. That's what is part of Weiss' problem. Not a lack of defense, as he played against Federov most of Friday nite, and shut him down. Weiss doesn't shoot the puck enough, but has the playmakin skills. He doesn't have the size, which is why he is bein sent down. In another thread, you propose a Comrie for Krajicek and a 3rd round pick. Sounds to me a lil homerism is happening there with your overvaluing of Comrie. The kid has offensive abilities, but where was he when it came to clutch time in the playoffs?

Old
09-29-2003, 07:25 PM
TheChase

Quote:
Originally Posted by andora's box
whatever poster keeps bringing up the stefan/exelby for comrie/? brings up a good idea IMO...
Of the hundreds of Comrie trade proposals, this one is one of the very few that would benefit both teams.
Most of the proposals, are drastically overrating their own players , and undercut the other.
Personally though I would like to see Majesky considered instead of Exelby

thoughts ...

Old
09-29-2003, 07:31 PM
dem

blah @ stefan
Do we really need another 3rd line center?

Old
09-29-2003, 07:32 PM
Chayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide
I think it's probably gone beyond this now, don't you? I think a better question at this point is CAN Mike Comrie and the Oilers come together on a deal.

imo the answer is no. Comrie may not play this season. What's that kids name, Ovechkin? Hmmm.
Boy if we finished last next season i would cry.

Old
09-29-2003, 07:33 PM
dem

If we got Ovechkin they would be tears of joy my friend! JOY!

Old
09-29-2003, 07:38 PM
Chayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
Try addin Huselius that has the ability and Bure's been showin why Florida acquired him originally. Kristian could total those points of Comrie's if he wasn't sat half a game and in vital situations, which he thrives in, as he is a top clutch scorer on this team. Bein Keenan's whippin boy is a *****. That's what is part of Weiss' problem. Not a lack of defense, as he played against Federov most of Friday nite, and shut him down. Weiss doesn't shoot the puck enough, but has the playmakin skills. He doesn't have the size, which is why he is bein sent down. In another thread, you propose a Comrie for Krajicek and a 3rd round pick. Sounds to me a lil homerism is happening there with your overvaluing of Comrie. The kid has offensive abilities, but where was he when it came to clutch time in the playoffs?

Playing with a broken hand. Hey the kid has try if nothing else. I Will concur Comrie is small and that has hurt hisa defensive play as bigger players are hard for him to handle, but offensively he is a much superior player to Huselias right now. In 9 less games last year he scored 8 more points, playing hurt for 15 games or so. Florida finshed 29th in goal scoring, so offense is a big need and that is what Comrie provideds. He is 23 years old, so he will cost you something in the way of asset(s).

Old
09-30-2003, 08:54 AM
Kenadyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos1
In 9 less games last year he scored 8 more points, playing hurt for 15 games or so. Florida finshed 29th in goal scoring, so offense is a big need and that is what Comrie provideds. He is 23 years old, so he will cost you something in the way of asset(s).
Exactly. I find it hilarious that fans of other teams rationalize that "well, since Lowe won't be able to sign him and his trade value is lower the longer he holds out, the Oilers should just trade him away for 3rd and 4th line players and low end prospects......."

I say let the guy sit!!!! If he isn't gonna play for the Oilers, why should another team benefit from getting a quality 1st/2nd-line center without the Oilers getting anything of quality in return??? The saying goes, "you have to give to get". If you aren't willing to give, don't expect to get.

Old
09-30-2003, 09:47 AM
IGM

I have taken my share of heat on Comrie but I couldn't agree more with what you are saying. Lowe HAS to let him sit until a good offer comes along. Comrie IS a great young talent and if Lowe lets him go for questionable assets then it would be a black eye on the Oils org.

Comrie is worth allot, Lowe is a good enough GM to get market value for him. Let the garbage deals go away.

Old
09-30-2003, 10:50 AM
Transplanted Caper

With the concussion problms of Deadmarsh and Allison, could anyone see Comrie going to L.A ? Perhaps for Aulin,Rosa and a pick?

Old
09-30-2003, 10:59 AM
PigPen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo2003
With the concussion problms of Deadmarsh and Allison, could anyone see Comrie going to L.A ? Perhaps for Aulin,Rosa and a pick?
A more likely trade now is with the thrashers who will be missing Heatley for a while with his broken jaw. Heatley was the horse that carried that team, and being without him for a month could devestate their season.

At least in LA, they still have Stumpel, Palffy, Frolov and Robataille to score. A better group than Savard, Kovalchuck, Stefan and Kozlov currently.

Old
09-30-2003, 11:17 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem
blah @ stefan
Do we really need another 3rd line center?
how about as 2nd line centre between countrymen dvorak and hemsky?
we can call it our czeching line.

Old
09-30-2003, 11:18 AM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigPen
A more likely trade now is with the thrashers who will be missing Heatley for a while with his broken jaw. Heatley was the horse that carried that team, and being without him for a month could devestate their season.

At least in LA, they still have Stumpel, Palffy, Frolov and Robataille to score. A better group than Savard, Kovalchuck, Stefan and Kozlov currently.
A (likely) non-contending team like ATL isn't going to make a blockbuster deal because a player is out for a month or two. I wouldn't think that ATL would be a good fit for Comrie just because I have a hard time seeing a Comrie/Savard combo at a teams 1st & 2nd line centers.

I also agree that Lowe has NO incentive to move Comrie for scraps. Only pressure on Lowe is if the Oilers REALLY struggle out of the gate, and if that happens it's not going to be corrected by improving the 3rd & 4th lines for the Oilers. Comrie has NO leverage, so Lowe can afford until someone comes up with value for a 23 YO 30 goal scorer.

Old
09-30-2003, 11:19 AM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo2003
Another stellar offer for the Oil to ponder....which is the gem of this crop....could it be the late blooming 2nd round questionable bust 26 year old? How about the guy that is out for 5 months with shoulder surgery? I guess the payoff is the 4th rounder. OK where do I sign up?

Old
09-30-2003, 12:35 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
I could definitely see that Chicago - Edmonton deal going down. However, if I was an Oil fan I'd be very dissapointed to receive Tyler Arnason in return.

Chicago has a very weak roster this year in my opinion, add Mike Comrie and he makes them a much better team.

I would think Kyle Calder and Mark Bell would be two guys that the Oilers would be interested in.

Closed Thread