HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lowe has discussed Comrie with Sather? (link)

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2003, 12:42 PM
Slats432

vCash: 500
Lowe has discussed Comrie with Sather? (link)

I know...Larry Brooks...but if there is smoke....(Halfway down the page)

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09282003/sports/6660.htm

Of all the trades one could possibly have, the one to NYR for a combination of Blackburn, Tjutin and Lundmark is the one that I like least so far. Hope this is just smoke.

Old
09-29-2003, 01:22 PM
zamboni

Frankly, I'd be surprised if Lowe DIDN'T have talks with Sather about Comrie.

Old
09-29-2003, 01:28 PM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboni
Frankly, I'd be surprised if Lowe DIDN'T have talks with Sather about Comrie.
I suppose that I haven't even up until this article heard anything specific about Kevin Lowe shopping Comrie, and nothing about discussions with certain teams.

Old
09-29-2003, 01:47 PM
mugu

Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432
I know...Larry Brooks...but if there is smoke....(Halfway down the page)

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09282003/sports/6660.htm

Of all the trades one could possibly have, the one to NYR for a combination of Blackburn, Tjutin and Lundmark is the one that I like least so far. Hope this is just smoke.
frankly in my opinion, i would make that trade in one milisecond, the reasons are as follows,

blackburn is a goalie of the furture type goalie and either him or deslauriers will hopefully pan out leaving us in a strong trading position in the future,

tjutin is a good young dman who can play that 4-7 position on the d well enough

lundmark is a good young player who can play as that third line center for this year, and yes i know we need a 1-2 center but the team as a whole will be a better components of its parts this year then just from one player i think

lastly its too bad comrie is being unreasonable in his demands for teh money, personally i hope low plays hard ball with him for the year and the cap gets introduced and it forces players to sit and wait and while a year is wasted other junior aged prospects develope and he doesnt geta chance but thats not good for our rate of return either

ah well, itll be fun while k.l. decides what to do and its fun to read your guyses thoughts keep em up,

regards

Old
09-29-2003, 02:15 PM
choppystride

mugu, wonder what's your take on the potential of Lundmark? I really haven't seen him play much so why opinion of him is mostly from pieces of info that I can gather. It seems to me that his development stallled somewhat ever since he got drafted. When he got sent down to the AHL he hasn't shown that he can dominate at that level. Do you think we're just looking at another 3rd/4th line checking centre who is failing to fulfill his offensive promises shown in junior?

If that's the case then I really don't see much room for him. We've already got Reasoner and Horc well entrenched in that role. Stoll looks to be a sure bet to join them in the near future. Winchester is another guy that will be groomed for that sort of role. And if Mikhnov and Pouliot don't pan out, they could also beome that sort of player.

Old
09-29-2003, 03:23 PM
Mr Sakich

i think lowe was talking about tjuitin, not lundmark. Possible blackburn as well.

Old
09-29-2003, 08:42 PM
hackey
You're Not Bored...

NYR would never give up on Blackburn

Old
09-29-2003, 09:02 PM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackey
NYR would never give up on Blackburn
Just like they never gave up on:

Malhotra
Kloucek
Cloutier
Zidlicky
Novak
Savard

With the Rangers, no prospect is safe. Recent history indicates they are just means to obtaining whatever veteran help they think they need.

How do you think the Oilers obtained Weight and Marchant in the first place?

Old
09-29-2003, 09:44 PM
hackey
You're Not Bored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
Just like they never gave up on:

Malhotra
Kloucek
Cloutier
Zidlicky
Novak
Savard

With the Rangers, no prospect is safe. Recent history indicates they are just means to obtaining whatever veteran help they think they need.

How do you think the Oilers obtained Weight and Marchant in the first place?
Most were all traded pre-Sather. Slowly but surely, Slats is putting them on the right track.
Wasn't it Sather who got Weight and Marchant in the first place when he was with Edmonton?

Old
09-29-2003, 10:09 PM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackey
Most were all traded pre-Sather. Slowly but surely, Slats is putting them on the right track.
Wasn't it Sather who got Weight and Marchant in the first place when he was with Edmonton?
Actually, 4 of the 6 I mentioned were Sather trades. Only Cloutier and Savard weren't.

But what does that have to do with anything? Who's talking about Sather? I'm just disputing your claim that the Rangers wouldn't give up Blackburn, when their recent history (last 10 years, regardless of GM) shows that any prospect is tradeable. What makes Blackburn unique? If anything he's regressed this past year, and last I heard will start the year on the farm. Classic case of being thrown into the fire before he was ready. Maybe he needs a new start...

Old
09-30-2003, 05:46 AM
mugu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
Actually, 4 of the 6 I mentioned were Sather trades. Only Cloutier and Savard weren't.

But what does that have to do with anything? Who's talking about Sather? I'm just disputing your claim that the Rangers wouldn't give up Blackburn, when their recent history (last 10 years, regardless of GM) shows that any prospect is tradeable. What makes Blackburn unique? If anything he's regressed this past year, and last I heard will start the year on the farm. Classic case of being thrown into the fire before he was ready. Maybe he needs a new start...
he does need a new start, playing goal at 18 in the nhl is way too much for anyone, in addition as a paying fan i also just dont want to see teenagers play hockey regardless of how good they are id rather watch men, and yes i know theer are teenagers that make impacts but thats just my opinion, a few posts ago someone asked me about blackburn well heres my thoughts, ive watched him play hockey since he was about 12 yrs old, my first exprince watching him was amazing he was playing in a tournament in humboldt sask against a calgary crowfoot peewee hockey team and his team was outshot 56-4 in the first period and he only let in four goals, anyways ive actually liked him immensly since then, he has a chance to be really good but i think the rangers have royallly messed up his development trrack but hopefully he gets it back online again,

regards

Old
09-30-2003, 10:18 AM
IceDragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugu
he does need a new start, playing goal at 18 in the nhl is way too much for anyone, in addition as a paying fan i also just dont want to see teenagers play hockey regardless of how good they are id rather watch men, and yes i know theer are teenagers that make impacts but thats just my opinion, a few posts ago someone asked me about blackburn well heres my thoughts, ive watched him play hockey since he was about 12 yrs old, my first exprince watching him was amazing he was playing in a tournament in humboldt sask against a calgary crowfoot peewee hockey team and his team was outshot 56-4 in the first period and he only let in four goals, anyways ive actually liked him immensly since then, he has a chance to be really good but i think the rangers have royallly messed up his development trrack but hopefully he gets it back online again,

regards
There are a few gifted teens, that can play a limited role with the men and improve because of it. All of them forwards, because they have 5 guys covering for them. Takes a little longer for defense, because you mainly have your d partner and goalie to "lean" on. No goalie is ready at 18, way too young to be hung out to dry.

WoW, stopping 52 shots in 1 period at 12.
With the right coaches he should get back on track.
I hope he gets his new start.
Thanx for the insight, mugu.

Old
09-30-2003, 12:45 PM
jadeddog

note: the following has nothing to do with the oilers and is meant for laughs only

bah thats nothing.... when i was 12 (pee wee) we played against a team out in fort sask that got WELL in excess of a 100 shots on me, i dont know the actual number because the shot clock only went up to 99, lol....my coach figured it was around 120 or so..... but i sure as hell didnt stop 90%+ of them..... i think i let in something like 16-18 goals that game... pretty brutal

Closed Thread