HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Which Goalie would you want to keep?

View Poll Results: Which goalie
halak 115 34.33%
price 220 65.67%
Voters: 335. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-04-2010, 11:39 AM
  #101
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 13,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaHabs View Post
Main focus should be getting something for Halak and Markov (yes Markov, he's a PP specialist, and nothing else). Then sign a nice sized dman that ACTUALLY hits and 1 C and 1 power forward. They will be fine after that.


Holy crap. If that is the type of people that would rather keep Price, I'm happy to be in the 30%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post
Yeah i also remember Theo "showing" it to us one year as well and he was better than Brodeur and look what happened? The habs gave him a 3 year 5M contract and all he did is stink up the joint (and he still stinks it up).
If anything, Theodore was a highly touted goalie with potential drafted fairly high who had also won gold for team Canada (U20s) and was average in the playoffs and thus was in a much more similar position to Price than to Halak.

But even then, you're talking about 3 different goaltenders with 3 different personalities, pedigrees and types of career. Not sure how what you said is a relevant argument at all.


Last edited by E = CH²: 06-04-2010 at 11:53 AM.
E = CH² is offline  
Old
06-04-2010, 11:42 AM
  #102
bauer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 846
vCash: 500
i wish some people would stop saying both. you can't keep both. Price and Halak want to be starting goaltenders, they don't want to be part of a 50/50 situation. they down right hate it. you can't keep both. it's either one or the other.

bauer is offline  
Old
06-04-2010, 11:44 AM
  #103
Karpeqc
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mtl
Posts: 64
vCash: 500
Well Price got nice potentiel, but that's it's for now.
You need more then potentiel to play in NHL.

Halak work ethic very hard and save us lots of season for playoff ticket.

The only good argument to keep price he COULD be good someday.

Well this year he was pretty good for giving gatorade instead to have a nice forward propect

Sooooo Trade Halak and if Price is good then all Price fan will be look like god and if is not good they will
all say they advice us to trade Price lol

Oh Yeah Andrei Kostitin is very good because he got lots of potentiel.. Wooo That's make sense


Last edited by Karpeqc: 06-04-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Karpeqc is offline  
Old
06-04-2010, 11:57 AM
  #104
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 13,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauer View Post
i wish some people would stop saying both. you can't keep both. Price and Halak want to be starting goaltenders, they don't want to be part of a 50/50 situation. they down right hate it. you can't keep both. it's either one or the other.
We could probably do part of the next season with both, however, it's pretty clear to me that the value of both goalies is fairly high, and that could change pretty fast next season if one goalie struggles in a back up role. If we can get something decent for one of our goalies, we should go for it. Having two good goalies is useless for the playoffs and doesn't make us a better team. How did Price sitting on the bench for all 3 rounds help us this season ?

E = CH² is offline  
Old
06-04-2010, 12:00 PM
  #105
uiCk
GrEmelins
 
uiCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpeqc View Post
Well Price got nice potentiel, but that's it's for now.
You need more then potentiel to play in NHL.

Halak work ethic very hard and save us lots of season for playoff ticket.

The only good argument to keep price he COULD be good someday.

Well this year he was pretty good for giving gatorade instead to have a nice forward propect

Sooooo Trade Halak and if Price is good then all Price fan will be look like god and if is not good they will
all say they advice us to trade Price lol

Oh Yeah Andrei Kostitin is very good because he got lots of potentiel.. Wooo That's make sense
lolz?

price IS good, i dont think thats not really up for debates. is it? unless i dont understand what you mean by 'good'.

uiCk is offline  
Old
06-04-2010, 12:07 PM
  #106
Karpeqc
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mtl
Posts: 64
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
lolz?

price IS good, i dont think thats not really up for debates. is it? unless i dont understand what you mean by 'good'.
lol yeah is very good. I will stop kidding, I will say if he working hard
and accept Montreal Market Pressure he could be awesome

I love both but we cannot keep both goaler, I will keep price because salary issue.
We could improve in front if we keep Price.

For who between Price or Halak is better then my grand mother, you could debate during 1 year.
The both arguments are good so

The other post I just kidding little bit


Last edited by Karpeqc: 06-04-2010 at 12:28 PM.
Karpeqc is offline  
Old
06-04-2010, 12:36 PM
  #107
eightyseven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,502
vCash: 500
I appreciate what Halak has done for us this season and in the playoffs, and yet, I'm still not sold on him because I've seen it before. Hot streaks, career years, whatever you want to call it. I expect him to regress next season and I question whether he can maintain this kind of play in the long haul. Smaller goalies in the new NHL don't tend to exceed, especially with all the interference/traffic they face nowadays. Guys like Rask, Luongo, Bryzgalov, Miller, Fleury all have size and yes, size is an advantage because they tend to stop the puck even when they can't see the puck.

I think posters around here really underrate how talented Carey Price is when they're stupid enough to call him a "bust" at age 22. His technique is incredible, he's one of the best skating goalies I've seen, and he has all the tools to succeed. He had a decent year this season (0.912%), and he stole some games this season seemingly without much effort. I think the kid has always been a winner and never really had to try that hard to succeed. Now, he's starting to realize that if he wants to have success at this level, he needs to push himself even harder. When Price finally decided to improve his work ethic around January, we could see the difference in his performances post-Olympic break. Make no mistake about it, the kid is capable of playing at an elite level (0.920%+). Whether Price can handle playing in the long-term in Montreal market is still a question mark though...but the same could be said about Halak too, because as soon as Halak struggles, he will also be thrown under the bus (i.e. any goalie in this town is a scapegoat!)

I think it would be a big mistake to trade Carey Price now. But it's management's call. I hope Price stays but if he leaves, I wish him the best and have no doubt he will have succees elsewhere.

eightyseven is offline  
Old
06-04-2010, 12:45 PM
  #108
scottyG
Registered User
 
scottyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal,Qc
Posts: 4,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpeqc View Post
Well Price got nice potentiel, but that's it's for now.
You need more then potentiel to play in NHL.

Halak work ethic very hard and save us lots of season for playoff ticket.

The only good argument to keep price he COULD be good someday.

Well this year he was pretty good for giving gatorade instead to have a nice forward propect

Sooooo Trade Halak and if Price is good then all Price fan will be look like god and if is not good they will
all say they advice us to trade Price lol

Oh Yeah Andrei Kostitin is very good because he got lots of potentiel.. Wooo That's make sense
You're right Price has done absolutley nothing in the NHL. He's riding a .880 S% but he still has potential so we should keep him

Price has proved hes a #1 goalie (.913 S% in 135 games) so stop talking as if hes done nothing in the NHL and were still waiting for him to show something

scottyG is offline  
Old
06-04-2010, 12:48 PM
  #109
scottyG
Registered User
 
scottyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal,Qc
Posts: 4,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason allison'fans View Post
ECF doesnt ring a bell for you? Price failed with a 1st place team in 2007-2008
All I hear is when the PO start your ranking means nothing

Team this year>>> 2007-2008

In the playoffs this year the whole team stepped up.

You know whats funny, the Philly series this year was pretty much the Philly series in 2008, our team didn't score.

Best PO
Halak: Round 3 (lost in 5)
Price: Round 2 (lost in 5)

I never knew they give out trophies for losing in round 3

As of now neither have done much in the PO

scottyG is offline  
Old
06-04-2010, 01:00 PM
  #110
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 20,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
All I hear is when the PO start your ranking means nothing

Team this year>>> 2007-2008

In the playoffs this year the whole team stepped up.

You know whats funny, the Philly series this year was pretty much the Philly series in 2008, our team didn't score.

Best PO
Halak: Round 3 (lost in 5)
Price: Round 2 (lost in 5)

I never knew they give out trophies for losing in round 3

As of now neither have done much in the PO
Well, in his first playoff run, Halak was widely considered as having provided the best goaltending of any team after 2 rounds of play (his stats, even after that 3rd round, are FAR better than Price's in '07/08). People are yet to be able to say the same about Price. Yet.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline  
Old
06-04-2010, 01:33 PM
  #111
pepperMonkey
Registered User
 
pepperMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Well, in his first playoff run, Halak was widely considered as having provided the best goaltending of any team after 2 rounds of play (his stats, even after that 3rd round, are FAR better than Price's in '07/08). People are yet to be able to say the same about Price. Yet.
And just how old was the war-grizzled veteran Price in 07/08?

pepperMonkey is offline  
Old
06-04-2010, 01:44 PM
  #112
eightyseven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,502
vCash: 500
I read some recent articles on cyperpresse.ca that seem to suggest that Halak doesn't like playing in a big hockey market like Montreal because he doesn't want the scrutiny by the media in his life. This also explains why Jaro rarely does any interviews after losses. I think management also needs to take into consideration which goalie WANTS to play in Montreal for the long-term. I guess it was interesting to me because no one brought it up here. It remains to be seen whether Price has the mental toughness to handle it over the long haul either but Price clearly expresses his desire to play here.

In this article by MAG & Francis Gagnon, Article #1:

Quote:
Encore une fois ! Halak est meilleur en ce moment. Price pourrait l'être dans un an ou deux. Que faire ? Garder celui qui semble vouloir le plus demeurer à Montréal. Et ce gardien est Carey Price. Halak se passerait volontiers de l'attention reliée au job de numéro un. Price ? Il sait qu'il peut être un héros un jour, un zéro 20 minutes plus tard. Mais entre les deux, il me semble être le plus apte à composer avec cette réalité. Sans oublier qu'il a été, et sera sans l'ombre d'un doute, un fichu bon gardien de but...
Jean-Francois Begin suggests the same in this article, Article #2:

Quote:
Reste à savoir s'il (Halak) a envie de continuer dans la jungle de Montréal. Ça, c'est moins sûr. Hier, après avoir passé quelques minutes sur son petit podium improvisé, Halak est pratiquement sorti en courant de la salle d'entrevues. Comme un gars qui n'avait qu'une hâte: échapper au plus vite aux regards qui ne le lâchent plus dans cette ville malade de hockey. Comme un gars qui serait pas mal plus heureux à Tampa, à Atlanta ou dans n'importe quel coin de l'Amérique où il n'aurait pas à rendre des comptes jour après jour à une armée de journalistes.
....

<<Ça a peut-être pris trois ans, mais c'était des leçons que je devais apprendre, a dit Price. Au hockey et dans la vie en général. Je ne les aurais peut-être pas apprises dans un autre marché que celui-ci. Je suis pas mal fier de m'être rendu où je suis en si peu de temps. Et je suis enthousiaste pour la suite.>>
The psychological aspect of hockey is underrated around here. You don't want to force players if they don't like the attention, otherwise, they'll eventually leave (see Heatley trade and possibly Spezza in the near future). If Halak doesn't like dealing with the media right now, even when they haven't been harsh on him at all, why force him to stay here? That's why I appreciate the way Price handles the media, he faces the music and takes it like a man.


Last edited by eightyseven: 06-04-2010 at 01:55 PM.
eightyseven is offline  
Old
06-04-2010, 01:50 PM
  #113
pepperMonkey
Registered User
 
pepperMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,284
vCash: 500
Totally surprised with the results so far. Would have bet that Halak would be winning this in a landslide right now

Halak is number 1 and Price is a great backup. I personally would want to keep both for now.

The last thing I want is what happened to Steve Penney. One awesome playoff run then falters never to be heard again. I don't think Halak will be the same but imagine that happens AND we traded Price? Would be chaos. Now if Halak falters but Price rises from the fire, ala P. Roy, that would be alright. The best case scenario is if both goalies keep on improving and we trade the lessor of the two(long term) whom ever that may be for team needs.

What I want is what I felt during the 93 playoffs when no matter how outmatched the Habs were (60+ shots in one game and still win? That was sweet), no matter how crap they played, no matter the odds, no matter how many overtimes we played, how just having Roy in net was enough to feel safe and know we would come out and win the cup.

Halak came close but not nearly close enough. Of course Price hasn't either (by far). I hope one day one of the two or heck, someone else entirely would give me that feeling again. Well, heck, I'll settle for whom ever brings the cup

pepperMonkey is offline  
Old
06-04-2010, 01:53 PM
  #114
TankEller*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
We could probably do part of the next season with both, however, it's pretty clear to me that the value of both goalies is fairly high, and that could change pretty fast next season if one goalie struggles in a back up role. If we can get something decent for one of our goalies, we should go for it. Having two good goalies is useless for the playoffs and doesn't make us a better team. How did Price sitting on the bench for all 3 rounds help us this season ?
Finally someone who speaks with reason!

People here want to have their cake and eat it... At some point, you've got to give something if you want to improve your team.

TankEller* is offline  
Old
06-04-2010, 01:57 PM
  #115
eightyseven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,502
vCash: 500
See my above post. Management also needs to take into consideration which goalie WANTS to play in Montreal for the long-term. If one goalie prefers to play in a smaller market or wants out, why force him to stay here? It'll just result in something ugly like the Heatley trade or the Spezza rumours.

eightyseven is offline  
Old
06-04-2010, 02:06 PM
  #116
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 20,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperMonkey View Post
And just how old was the war-grizzled veteran Price in 07/08?
How does that really matter when we're simply discussing what either has "proven" so far (and by "discussing" I mean me refuting, once again, something off-the-wall from scottyg)? I say it doesn't, but perhaps you disagree.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline  
Old
06-04-2010, 02:29 PM
  #117
chpartisan
 
chpartisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
it's pretty clear to me that the value of both goalies is fairly high
Why is it high? I'm not sure it is. Halak's value if probably higher compared to Price, but I'm not sure either will get much in return if traded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Having two good goalies is useless for the playoffs and doesn't make us a better team.
You could still argue that it's nice to have another option available if the starting goaltender is struggling. The way this team is built, quality goaltending is a must during the season to make the playoffs.

Having two great goalies who both want to be #1 isn't such a bad thing. Especially, if the Habs aren't convinced either one can actually be a starting netminder for the entire season.

chpartisan is offline  
Old
06-04-2010, 02:43 PM
  #118
TankEller*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
What I don't understand is why every goalie at Halak and Price age improve and yet so many are saying oen (or both) will not.

Let me restate:
At Halak and Price age, almost every goalie improve.
Goalie who does not improve are the exception not the rule.
Anyone has a good argument to prove that Halak or Price will not improve?
Altough Price lacked consistency, I have seen games of him that were off the charts. Consistency will come with maturity and age.

About splitting the games, let Martin handle this.
That's his job.
There was only one complain by our goalies this season: Halak was benched for a month...

What I understand: we have two great goalies, let them compete to win number 1.
One will play 47-57 games and the other will play 25-35 games.
Seems obvious to me with goalies who just turned 23 and 25...
And the one who plays 25 games will see his trade value decrease greatly, especially if it's Price, so that would make 3 consecutive strugglish years.

I just can't believe how people around here don't feel the necessity of dealing either one while they're still young, relatively far from being UFAs, and while we have HUGE weaknesses around the roster in front of both goalies.

You really want us to rely 100% on goaltenders one more year without taking the chance of actually having a great goaltender back there, and an important player giving us a good 82 games in the process?

The best way to improve this team right now is by dealing one of both goalies and by getting some good player(s) in return, to make our team deeper and better. Because we just CAN'T hope to win it all with the team we have currently. We're a very good 2nd tier team (1st half of the 2nd tier of the league), but we're still not a 1st tier team. Halak played like a freaking beast all playoffs long and we still got beat up in 5 against Philly cause our players were NOT capable of adjusting to the opponent's style of play.

Having two great goalies is luxury. And that's a thing we can't afford with all the glaring weaknesses around our lineup.

TankEller* is offline  
Old
06-04-2010, 02:48 PM
  #119
TankEller*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chpartisan View Post
Why is it high? I'm not sure it is. Halak's value if probably higher compared to Price, but I'm not sure either will get much in return if traded.
What if Halak repeats and Price keeps playing on the same proportion of games he got in the second half of last season? You think we'll get something good in exchange. A lot of old goalies are running out of their contract this summer, and teams could be looking to add some high-quality young goalies to replace them (St. Louis? San Jose? Even Edmonton who's in a rebuilding process?...) We know there are suitors. And in the goaltenders market, there are not suitors every single year.

Quote:
You could still argue that it's nice to have another option available if the starting goaltender is struggling. The way this team is built, quality goaltending is a must during the season to make the playoffs.

Having two great goalies who both want to be #1 isn't such a bad thing. Especially, if the Habs aren't convinced either one can actually be a starting netminder for the entire season.
By dealing one goalie in exchange of a good player, we could get this piece that could allow us to be a better overall team, and not always depend upon the guy who is between the posts. At some point, you need to protect your goalies accurately. Right now, we need more weapons.

Having 2 "#1 goalies" is a luxury you CAN'T have when you have so many holes to fill... I don't know about you, but having Darche in a journeyman top-6 role just ain't going to cut it.

TankEller* is offline  
Old
06-04-2010, 03:16 PM
  #120
Karpeqc
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mtl
Posts: 64
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
You're right Price has done absolutley nothing in the NHL. He's riding a .880 S% but he still has potential so we should keep him

Price has proved hes a #1 goalie (.913 S% in 135 games) so stop talking as if hes done nothing in the NHL and were still waiting for him to show something
I don't care about stats!

You could do anything you want with stats but hockey is more complex then 123
We could discuss during one year for now Price got lots of potential that's it's that's all
So anyway, if you read my other post I said it was IRONIC and I will keep Price
I think it's a waste to have Halak or Price on the bench when we could have a nice forward instead during the playoff.
So relax with your Price...


Last edited by Karpeqc: 06-04-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Karpeqc is offline  
Old
06-04-2010, 03:18 PM
  #121
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 13,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chpartisan View Post
You could still argue that it's nice to have another option available if the starting goaltender is struggling.
By the time you realize this, you're often stuck in too deep a hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chpartisan View Post
The way this team is built, quality goaltending is a must during the season to make the playoffs.
Maybe if you get missing parts for your back up goalie it doesn't have to be this way ? And are we planning to get our butts saved by awesome goaltending all the way to a Stanley cup ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chpartisan View Post
Having two great goalies who both want to be #1 isn't such a bad thing. Especially, if the Habs aren't convinced either one can actually be a starting netminder for the entire season.
Not sure why we would think Halak can't do it.

E = CH² is offline  
Old
06-04-2010, 03:31 PM
  #122
chpartisan
 
chpartisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
What if Halak repeats and Price keeps playing on the same proportion of games he got in the second half of last season? You think we'll get something good in exchange. A lot of old goalies are running out of their contract this summer, and teams could be looking to add some high-quality young goalies to replace them (St. Louis? San Jose? Even Edmonton who's in a rebuilding process?...).
I guess you want to trade Price?

For now, none of those teams seem desperate enough to generate a good return. St-Louis seems to have cap space and can sign a UFA and wait. Edmonton seems like a good candidate but they need to get rid of Khabibulin first, no? San Jose have some good goalies in their system, they could always get a UFA to serve as a temporary solution and mentor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
Having 2 "#1 goalies" is a luxury you CAN'T have when you have so many holes to fill... I don't know about you, but having Darche in a journeyman top-6 role just ain't going to cut it.
I think it's a need not a luxury as mentioned before. Of course, if they can get a very good return for either one than they should risk it.

The Darche "experiment" clearly illustrates your point and I do agree that we need a top 6 winger (with size). Even if they do get one, it won't change the fact that Montreal will be a defensive team that relies heavily on great goaltending.

chpartisan is offline  
Old
06-04-2010, 03:40 PM
  #123
TankEller*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chpartisan View Post
I guess you want to trade Price?

For now, none of those teams seem desperate enough to generate a good return. St-Louis seems to have cap space and can sign a UFA and wait. Edmonton seems like a good candidate but they need to get rid of Khabibulin first, no? San Jose have some good goalies in their system, they could always get a UFA to serve as a temporary solution and mentor.



I think it's a need not a luxury as mentioned before. Of course, if they can get a very good return for either one than they should risk it.

The Darche "experiment" clearly illustrates your point and I do agree that we need a top 6 winger (with size). Even if they do get one, it won't change the fact that Montreal will be a defensive team that relies heavily on great goaltending.
My #1 choice would be to deal Price away and keep Halak. HOWEVER, I'd rather see the organization dealing Halak than keeping both goalies. You can't rely on two very good assets when one is not playing in the playoffs, and not playing for about 50 games in the season.

That's a question of philosophy. I gave the organization the benifice of the doubt as far as UFAs like Souray, Streit and Komisarek went away for nothing but cap space. We needed them, although Souray's situation is arguable.

However, you CAN'T keep two assets, two assets likely to fetch you a very good return, when one of them isn't even going to be playing if we make it to the playoffs.

TankEller* is offline  
Old
06-04-2010, 03:43 PM
  #124
chpartisan
 
chpartisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
I agree with pam19's post above!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
And are we planning to get our butts saved by awesome goaltending all the way to a Stanley cup ?
No, but they did make it to the playoffs and ECF this way.

If they can get assets that improve this team to the point of not having to rely on goaltenders as much, they should go for it. I'm just not convinced that they can get that much in return for either goalie.


Last edited by chpartisan: 06-04-2010 at 03:51 PM.
chpartisan is offline  
Old
06-04-2010, 03:50 PM
  #125
TankEller*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
Of course, if Price plays only 25 games, it means he is playing bad.

I repeat: my problem is that the premise to your logic is that one of the goalies will collapse.
My premise is that they will follow a normal path and continue to improve.
This is the normal path for a goalie...

Now if you think that either Price or Halak performance is a once in a lifetime, you are right.
But everything points in the other direction.
I think both Price and Halak will improve.

Also, as I wrote before, during this summer, the value of a top goalie will be very low.
UFA: Nabokov, Theodore (with his run at the end of last year, some GM will bet on him), Turco, Leighton, Mike Brodeur, Emery.
RFA: Niemi.
So basically three of the top-4 goalies in PO are available.

What I mean, is that given the PO (especially the Flyers with Boucher/Leighton and Haws with Niemi) and the UFA/RFA available, GM will be reluctant to give anything for a top goalie.

After 30 or 40 games, some goalies will not perform up to expectations.
Team will collapse and the value of goalies will skyrocket.

Keep both and do not trade any goalie before December.
And of course, if Halak STILL outplays Price, Price will fetch us a huge return... Yeah, makes sense.

TankEller* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.