HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hemsky at Center

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2003, 10:02 PM
Oilers4life

vCash:
Hemsky at Center

Why not? he's a playmaker, he likes to control the play. If he works on his defense a bit i can see him a better Brendan Morrison. Try him at Center and Smyth on the wing so he can grind the boards. IMHO I think Hemmer is better suited as a centerman than at RW anyways.

Old
09-29-2003, 10:09 PM
Digger12

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers4life
Why not? he's a playmaker, he likes to control the play. If he works on his defense a bit i can see him a better Brendan Morrison. Try him at Center and Smyth on the wing so he can grind the boards. IMHO I think Hemmer is better suited as a centerman than at RW anyways.
It's been mentioned before, and could very well happen. However I'd give him a couple of years before I tried it. The kid just turned 20, let's not put too much on his plate before he's ready.

Old
09-29-2003, 10:16 PM
Dangerdanger

In an article i read last year it was mentioned that he played on the wing because he liked to play the corners a lot, something he couldnt do playing center

Old
09-29-2003, 10:19 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Also, I'd say from the looks of his game he likes to dart in off the wing, which centers don't get to do as much. Centers also have to hang back a little more defensively, and we need Ales leading rushes.

Old
09-29-2003, 10:34 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers4life
I totally agree that Hemsky's style is more suited to the center of the ice, but Morrison? Sorry, I just don't see the comparison at all.

i'd say
Quote:
If he works on his defense a bit i can see him as a Brendan Morrison on skilroids.

Old
09-30-2003, 11:04 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

I'd like to see stoll make the team this year. i don't like this whole create-a-center thing that MacT is trying. if it works with smytty then fine, but i think it damages team chemistry and line chemistry when you are being shifted back and forth.

Old
09-30-2003, 11:08 AM
jadeddog

while i like the idea of having your skill players up the middle, i dont think it would be a good move for hemsky at this point in his career. keep him at wing

Old
09-30-2003, 11:09 AM
dem

Why not put dvorak and york in the middle? They've both played center before

Old
09-30-2003, 11:47 AM
Oilers Ent

Send a message via MSN to Oilers Ent
Hemsky is a great idea for Centre, methinks. He made some great passes to Smyth at the end of last year and seemed to take a role of playmaker than goal scorer.

Could we worth a look one day.

Old
09-30-2003, 02:22 PM
LawnDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
It's been mentioned before, and could very well happen. However I'd give him a couple of years before I tried it. The kid just turned 20, let's not put too much on his plate before he's ready.
exactly. it might be a good idea but let's let the kid play a couple seasons in his natural position before we mess around.

the suggestion to move him now could backfire dramatically if he loses confidence.

Closed Thread