HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Guy Boucher offered Columbus head coach position; UPDATE: He declined to coach Tampa

Closed Thread

Old
06-05-2010, 12:01 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 500

Our pig is about to fly.

Old
06-05-2010, 12:01 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Great opportunity for him. He'll surely accept, the Jackets have a ton of great young talent. Congrats.

Old
06-05-2010, 12:02 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

This. ****ing. Sucks.

Old
06-05-2010, 12:05 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

I know the off season is young but right now all we got is bad news.Boucher,Emelin,Avtsin,no Pleky. The only good news was that Brunet is gone. What's next Subban will go on the Lost Island?

Old
06-05-2010, 12:07 PM
Thinkbig

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Actually, if you force him to stay, he's probably not going to be happy with the organization, and thus as soon as his contract is over, he bolts to the best offer, not the one that was forced on him. Now there's still that glimmer of hope that if/when he gets fired, he can come back to us, and he'll have good things to say about our organization.
I don't mean to force him or he will be pissed at us obviously.. It's just that he should give him promises saying that he will join the club in 1 year or something like that (don't know if he has been told that) or something to keep him, ie raise his salary.. When Gauthier talks is like if it doesnt care if Boucher leaves.. i'm just interpretating, i may be wrong..

I don't know.. I just feel that our organization lacks caracter or something. Sorry if I offended the elderly class or other people.

Old
06-05-2010, 12:10 PM
coolasprICE

I hate to be mr. Negative ...

Imagine if the Habs suck next year.

Plekanec gone.
Goalie we keep struggles.
Boucher gone.
Muller gone.
Markov comes back and in his first game gets injured - out for season.
Injury bug hit the smurfs.
Nobody to replace JM.

Honestly, the writing is on the wall for a disaster year - very typical for an over achieving playoff team to pull a stinker the following season.

Oh well ,

Lottery pick > mediocrity

Old
06-05-2010, 12:12 PM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
I'd rather have him in Hamilton (or here), but he should take the job. Jacques Martin is probably going to be here for awhile.

Old
06-05-2010, 12:14 PM
Ginu

I don't think he'll take the job. From the article someone just posted on another thread, he seems content with developing players and goes as far as saying he's in the organization that he wants to be in. I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that he's going to go. He didn't seem excited at the prospect of jumping to the NHL so soon. Even if he was tight-lipped he didn't show much enthusiasm.

Old
06-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I don't think he'll take the job. From the article someone just posted on another thread, he seems content with developing players and goes as far as saying he's in the organization that he wants to be in. I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that he's going to go. He didn't seem excited at the prospect of jumping to the NHL so soon. Even if he was tight-lipped he didn't show much enthusiasm.
Filatov and Brassard will keep him happy

Old
06-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
He's going to be the habs head coach in a few years anyway.

Old
06-05-2010, 12:21 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

we still have Roy

Old
06-05-2010, 12:23 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
we still have Roy
he's the last guy I want for the job

Old
06-05-2010, 12:25 PM
LyricalLyricist

Stop being *****ers. Congrats Boucher. If he doesn't accept, good for us, if he does, then good for him.

Old
06-05-2010, 12:33 PM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Seriously, there is some good in that news.

- For once, a young French Canadian coach won't start his NHL career with the Habs, and with a lack of experience with professional players (see : Therrien, Vigneault, Julien, Tremblay, etc.). So he would already have this experience when taking the Habs head coach position.

- If, in 2 or 3 years, if the Habs fire Jacques Martin, the Blue Jackets will have to return the favor and let us talk to Boucher.

- Boucher likes the Habs organization and I'm sure that his dream his to be head coach here. I'm sure that he'll jump on the opportunity to be a head coach here as soon as the job is open, no matter how it's going in Columbus.

- Boucher will probably make the Jackets a better team, but at least it's not a team that's competing against the Habs (Bruins, Leafs, etc.)

So the only bad news of he accepts the job is that he won't be there to develop our young players in Hamilton. But I'm not demoralized at all if he goes to Columbus. It's just one more step before coming to Montreal. Think about it!

Old
06-05-2010, 12:33 PM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

IT'll be interresting to follow what the Jacket does this year.

Old
06-05-2010, 12:45 PM
ti-vite

André Tourigny (Rouyn Huskies) was interviewed for the Hamilton job along with Boucher and another. He openly talked about the process of interview here on the radio.

André is excellent with young players and demands excellent work ethic, he might get another look for the Hamilton job if Boucher leaves.

Old
06-05-2010, 12:45 PM
Pandemic

At least he's going to Columbus.. it won't hurt us as much.

Old
06-05-2010, 12:47 PM
MTL-rules

Hate to see him leave, but, in a way, if he can pay his dues in Columbus (or the Nordiques ) and come back in 2 or 3 years, I'll be extremely happy.

Old
06-05-2010, 12:47 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post

- For once, a young French Canadian coach won't start his NHL career with the Habs, and with a lack of experience with professional players (see : Therrien, Vigneault, Julien, Tremblay, etc.). So he would already have this experience when taking the Habs head coach position.

- If, in 2 or 3 years, if the Habs fire Jacques Martin, the Blue Jackets will have to return the favor and let us talk to Boucher.

- Boucher likes the Habs organization and I'm sure that his dream his to be head coach here. I'm sure that he'll jump on the opportunity to be a head coach here as soon as the job is open, no matter how it's going in Columbus.

- Boucher will probably make the Jackets a better team, but at least it's not a team that's competing against the Habs (Bruins, Leafs, etc.)

So the only bad news of he accepts the job is that he won't be there to develop our young players in Hamilton. But I'm not demoralized at all if he goes to Columbus. It's just one more step before coming to Montreal. Think about it!
Doesn't work that way at all.

Old
06-05-2010, 12:50 PM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Doesn't work that way at all.
Isn't it exactly what we did with Jacques Martin, while he was in Florida?

I'm sure Boucher can ask for some guarantees : "I accept your contract, but you let me talk with the Habs if they are interested in me as their head coach".

Old
06-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Lafleur77

Quote:

best way to see this news

Old
06-05-2010, 12:55 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Isn't it exactly what we did with Jacques Martin, while he was in Florida?

I'm sure Boucher can ask for some guarantees : "I accept your contract, but you let me talk with the Habs if they are interested in me as their head coach".
A coach doesn't get signed by another team to coach. Usually happens when you change job.

Old
06-05-2010, 12:56 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Congrats to Boucher

on a more serious note..FML

Old
06-05-2010, 01:05 PM
Vukotal Recall

this is the best news i've read this week. finally, we'll have the spectre of a young, aggressive, innovative, teaching-first coach go far, afr away from polluting our organization with excitement. jacques martin and playing not to lose—forevah!!

Old
06-05-2010, 01:07 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

/player development

\team full of Pyatt's

Closed Thread