HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamhuis House For Sale

Old
06-04-2010, 02:55 PM
MarkMM

vCash: 500
You guys are making me nervous! People in Vancouver are saying a fair value for him is $4.25M-ish, but many would be comfortable overpaying up to $5M on a long-term deal for him, hoping he gets better as he's still young, yet some of you are saying he's on a downward trend. Aiyah...

A question that's being debated, what's his value do you think? Basically, two questions:

1.) What's he worth as a player? ($4M is what people in Vancouver seem to be saying)

2.) What you think will cost to get him? ($5M some are assuming)

MarkMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 02:57 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
This thought came to me the other day. What about trading Franson and re-signing Grebs. Franson will probably get around a million, maybe a little less. Grebs is a RFA and if he gets a qualifying offer from us it can be within 10% of his current salary up or down if I'm not mistaken from what someone posted a while back. So say we offer him $3 million, is it doable?
A qualifying offer to an RFA must be 110% of their previous year's salary...the only way it can go down is if the team and the player agree to an extension independent of the RFA framework (ie: player wants multi-year extension and is willing to negotiate salary for security).

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 02:57 PM
Bad Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMM View Post
You guys are making me nervous! People in Vancouver are saying a fair value for him is $4.25M-ish, but many would be comfortable overpaying up to $5M on a long-term deal for him, hoping he gets better as he's still young, yet some of you are saying he's on a downward trend. Aiyah...

A question that's being debated, what's his value do you think? Basically, two questions:

1.) What's he worth as a player? ($4M is what people in Vancouver seem to be saying)

$4M will probably get him hooked somewhere. $5M would be wasting money.

Bad Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 12:06 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattPreds37 View Post
We need a better ownership group so we can get rid of this self imposed salary cap and can keep them all.
well, you could have Jim Balsillie as our owner... he would likely spend up to the cap..

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 12:09 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
A qualifying offer to an RFA must be 110% of their previous year's salary...the only way it can go down is if the team and the player agree to an extension independent of the RFA framework (ie: player wants multi-year extension and is willing to negotiate salary for security).
actully at some salary level(and i think its over 1 million or mybe 1.5 million) QO's only have to be 100%

thats still a lot, but I think poile will do it if for no other reason than to not lose grebs rights

That said, I think if grebs is gonna stay Poile is planning on a longer deal at lower money.

Old
06-05-2010, 01:10 AM
MarkMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
actully at some salary level(and i think its over 1 million or mybe 1.5 million) QO's only have to be 100%

thats still a lot, but I think poile will do it if for no other reason than to not lose grebs rights

That said, I think if grebs is gonna stay Poile is planning on a longer deal at lower money.
You're right, I think QO's only have to be 100% once you get to the league average, whatever that is, I think a couple years ago it was $1.3M, so $1.5M sounds about right now.

Old
06-05-2010, 11:32 AM
deanwormer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMM View Post

Hammer is a strange one, in that I think most fans tend to over-value their better players. I don't think we do that with Hammer cause I think we see him taking a step back this past year. Not sure if that's really a fair assessment; Weber and Suter became our clear first pairing and played the minutes; Hammer no longer had a veteran guy to pair with and he became our #1 guy on the PK. You get him for $4 - $4.25 I don't think you'll be unhappy with him; but looking at some of those deals the past year or two it wouldn't surprise me to see him go for more and I'm not sure that's a good value.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 02:28 PM
token grinder

seidenburg got 4.25 today

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 02:36 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
seidenburg got 4.25 today
It was 3.25

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 03:31 PM
MarkMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
Hammer is a strange one, in that I think most fans tend to over-value their better players. I don't think we do that with Hammer cause I think we see him taking a step back this past year. Not sure if that's really a fair assessment; Weber and Suter became our clear first pairing and played the minutes; Hammer no longer had a veteran guy to pair with and he became our #1 guy on the PK. You get him for $4 - $4.25 I don't think you'll be unhappy with him; but looking at some of those deals the past year or two it wouldn't surprise me to see him go for more and I'm not sure that's a good value.
Great feedback, definitely food for thought.

Argh, Seidenberg was another one we were looking at if Hamhuis fell through, now the pressure is on!

Old
06-05-2010, 04:10 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
It was 3.25
i see that now. when i first saw it on the main page it was wrong.

well, 3.25 might lower hamhuis value a bit to the 4 million range on the open market.

Old
06-06-2010, 03:32 AM
Kagee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakemono View Post
He plays to the level of his competition... which is scary sometimes. He is smart with who he gets chippy with which is something I loved - watching Hamhius shove the Thortons and Sedins of the league after the play is dead. Among all our players, I saw him getting in the face of the star players more than anyone, but I never saw him lose focus on some scrubby 4th liner.

There was a big issue with him being paired with Klien this year. I'm not sure why, but I would look over your team and try to find who is most like Klien and make sure Hamhius is not paired with him.

That said, he has a nasty hipcheck that is hella-exciting. He has fallen off in the offensive department. That could just be his role though.

He is a very solid player though...
Thanks!

I can really see Hamhuis sign in Vancouver this offseason at around 4 - 4.5mill MAX per, another team can have him if he want's more than that though.

With Seidenberg signing at 3.25 per, that could cause a slight ripple effect for other UFA's, so I'm hoping 4 mill per! for Hammy

Kagee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 11:28 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Seidenberg was considered a consolation prize when the B's couldnt get Hammer at the deadline, IIRC...

we also dont know how much his season ending injury and any desiire on his part to stay in boston influenced the contract terms.

Hammers next contract will be set by how many teams are bidding for him and how much he's willing to discount to get to choose his destination.

If theres a bidding war, he could get something near 5, but I suspect he'll get a deal that might be front loaded but will average 4 mil.

Old
06-19-2010, 03:28 AM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
i would rather sign dan and send hornquist somewhere else. I just don't believe in him

hahhahaha dear godddd i wish we had the offense to let players like hornqvist walk

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 08:04 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by predsicle420 View Post
hahhahaha dear godddd i wish we had the offense to let players like hornqvist walk
i am just not a believer he will do it again. my opinion.

Old
06-19-2010, 11:13 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I think we are forced to see if Hornqvist can do it again, which is why I'm hoping for a two year deal. I could live with three. We just don't have any other player willing to consistently take a beating in order to shovel in garbage goals like he will. I think he can be a consistent offensive threat, but my worry is his health. The kid will end up injured for stretches of games due to his style.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote