HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Muller offered Hamilton Bulldogs Head Coaching Position

Old
06-05-2010, 06:06 PM
LastChancePrice

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
lol.

Don't stress bro.

This is how I see it:

The old dusty skeletons will prove to us that experience wins.

Or,

We finish bottom of the league (prbly would need some injuries though) and we get a top draft pick... and this kind of result will prove the need for change that maybe this playoff run masked.

Win Win.
Or the usual scénario. We finish in the middle pack by making or missing the playoff by 2-4 points and we get the middle rank pick who will become just your average joe player or a fluke.

Its the same thing with this team for the last 15 years, one year keep the hype of this team up and because of the player / coaches we got in place, we lose great asset.

Give Martin the head coaching position and move up Boucher there...there is no possible other scenario.

LastChancePrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 06:27 PM
Dean Ambrose
k

vCash: 133
First Boucher, now Muller possibly leaving? WTF is going on here!?

Dean Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 06:30 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
WTF we are losing everyone..haha
Everyone except for the people who need to go.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 07:28 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

I don't care what the policy says, you keep you best assets. Give Boucher more money I don't care. Promise him the Habs job in two years. But they have to keep him.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 01:38 AM
expos4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I don't care what the policy says, you keep you best assets. Give Boucher more money I don't care. Promise him the Habs job in two years. But they have to keep him.
get over it - you don't block a guy's chance to take a job at the NHL level by throwing cash at him. It's no longer about just money...

expos4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 01:40 AM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Give Muller the 'ol Cincinatti Shuffle... Have him and Boucher switch jobs. That way, we can lure Boucher into staying with us, and have Muller get the headcoaching experience he needs in the event that we need another HC.

It's simply... brilliant.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 02:35 AM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
Wow!
2007-8 was not so bad: Nominated for Jack Adams.
In 2008-9, Carbo was replaced by Gainey hoping that this would fix the team.
You saw BG's conclusion the following summer.
He tried to change the coach and his conclusion: change the core.

I am sure Carbo will be successfull as a coach.
Like Vigneault and Julien before him.
Your comments are pretty harsh and you are quite fast to judge him.

We heard a lot of rumours: Kostitsyn's, Higgins, Price, etc.
What do you know about what was happening in 2008-9 inside the room and the interactions in this team?
Oh come on. Carbo could have used the AHL head coach experience.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 04:13 AM
Komarov47

i think Gauthier know that Boucher will sign with the Blue Jackets. I dunno if coaching the Dogs would be a great idea for Muller, i'd rather see him with Yzerman at Tampa.

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 07:10 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by expos4ever View Post
get over it - you don't block a guy's chance to take a job at the NHL level by throwing cash at him. It's no longer about just money...
Then promise him the Habs job in two years. And I will never get over it.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 07:36 AM
LeHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Give Muller the 'ol Cincinatti Shuffle... Have him and Boucher switch jobs. That way, we can lure Boucher into staying with us, and have Muller get the headcoaching experience he needs in the event that we need another HC.

It's simply... brilliant.
Does Muller speak French? If not, he is very unlikely to ever become a HC in Montreal unless he learns the language.

LeHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 08:18 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
If Carbo is heading to New Jersey as some rumors say, I would bet on Muller joining him.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/300084.html
Not only do I doubt Carbo is going there I see no reason why Muller would leave Montreal for Jersey.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 08:50 AM
RE-HABS

Muller speaking French to me makes no sense. Montreal fans and media types have to get over that, let management deal with the media or get a translator.

Montreal is going to limit themselves to great coaches and potential GMs if they keep the French required tag on the job!

We already realized that there are far and few Quebec Star players in the league, but yet we are still required to have one of those too...but who are the best players on the Habs???

Not wanting to start a language debate, but much like the draft I think it is time to look at the best candidate available like the best player available.

Who is out next coaching candidate now with Boucher gone...recycled coaches like Hartley, Therrian and others who have seen the game pass them by?

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 09:34 AM
linp

The coach has to talk to the media before and after each game. You need a french speaking coach in Montreal.

linp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 09:39 AM
Ghetto Sangria
Groupthink

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Muller speaking French to me makes no sense. Montreal fans and media types have to get over that, let management deal with the media or get a translator.

Montreal is going to limit themselves to great coaches and potential GMs if they keep the French required tag on the job!

We already realized that there are far and few Quebec Star players in the league, but yet we are still required to have one of those too...but who are the best players on the Habs???

Not wanting to start a language debate, but much like the draft I think it is time to look at the best candidate available like the best player available.

Who is out next coaching candidate now with Boucher gone...recycled coaches like Hartley, Therrian and others who have seen the game pass them by?
Montreal needs a coach who can speak french. 70% of the media that covers the habs is french... how could the organization NOT have a french Canadian coach? What I don't get is how people fail to realize the culture of Montreal is different, and we need to respect it.

We don't need french players, but GM's and coaches have to speak french because they talk to the media all the time... which is primarily french lol.

Ghetto Sangria is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 10:30 AM
crystal ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCammalleri View Post
Montreal needs a coach who can speak french. 70% of the media that covers the habs is french... how could the organization NOT have a french Canadian coach? What I don't get is how people fail to realize the culture of Montreal is different, and we need to respect it.

We don't need french players, but GM's and coaches have to speak french because they talk to the media all the time... which is primarily french lol.
And this is exactly why the Habs will always be a mediocre team. When you choose your people based on language rather than picking the overall best person for the job, you get a guy who can explain in French why the team keeps losing. But, as long as the media is happy, who cares, right?

crystal ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 10:58 AM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

What I don't understand is why it is so hard for an anglo to learn french when it seem very easy for a franco to learn english

is it that they don't care or is it that franco are better learner?

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 10:59 AM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by linp View Post
The coach has to talk to the media before and after each game. You need a french speaking coach in Montreal.
Which would you rather have....

The media understanding what the coach says?

or

Winning?

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 11:01 AM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
Which would you rather have....

The media understanding what the coach says?

or

Winning?

Yeah because french = losing

Cool racism Bro

Old
06-06-2010, 11:02 AM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolitsky View Post
What I don't understand is why it is so hard for an anglo to learn french when it seem very easy for a franco to learn english

French is easy to learn. I took it for 3 years in High School (USA). The question is not if it can be learned, but when it is learned. I don't think you should expect a coach of an NHL team to be worrying about learning a language while trying to coach his team. I think most people who speak French (1st) and English (2nd) learned English in school or at a young age. The reason you don't find many people who speak English (1st) and French (2nd) is that Spanish is the 2nd most spoken language in America. So, most people in America learn Spanish as a 2nd language in school/at a young age.

Old
06-06-2010, 11:04 AM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Yeah because french = losing

Cool racism Bro
WOW, way to not understand the post at all. The point was, would you rather higher the best coach, and win, or higher whichever coach speaks French, and lose. I didn't say you can't win with a French speaking coach. I was saying that it is STUPID to hire your coach based on anything other than their COACHING CREDENTIALS. You are hiring a HOCKEY COACH not a FRENCH TEACHER.

Old
06-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Lucius

Quote:
French is easy to learn. I took it for 3 years in High School (USA). The question is not if it can be learned, but when it is learned. I don't think you should expect a coach of an NHL team to be worrying about learning a language while trying to coach his team. I think most people who speak French (1st) and English (2nd) learned English in school or at a young age. The reason you don't find many people who speak English (1st) and French (2nd) is that Spanish is the 2nd most spoken language in America. So, most people in America learn Spanish as a 2nd language in school/at a young age.
Ummm - Most the people in the NHL and those we're debating are Canadian, not American. In Canada, kids learn French if anything as a second language in public schools.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 11:11 AM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
Ummm - Most the people in the NHL and those we're debating are Canadian, not American. In Canada, kids learn French if anything as a second language in public schools.
I know. I was giving my point of view from America. I knew I shouldn't try to come in here an offer some help in the discussion. Man, you guys are a nice bunch. I hope not all Montreal fans are this bad.

Old
06-06-2010, 11:18 AM
LeHab

Quote:

It is all about incentives. Anglos have few to learn French, Francos have many to learn English.

LeHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 11:28 AM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by persh View Post
It is all about incentives. Anglos have few to learn French, Francos have many to learn English.
I agree with that but I think in a city like Montreal where it is pretty much 50/50 franco-anglo. It become a question of respect to be able to communicate with the other half.

Learn their culture and stuff.

Old
06-06-2010, 11:38 AM
Fire Brunet*

Quote:
I know. I was giving my point of view from America. I knew I shouldn't try to come in here an offer some help in the discussion. Man, you guys are a nice bunch. I hope not all Montreal fans are this bad.
No, I liked your intervention,you are welcome anytime...

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote