HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

Babchuk wants return a Cane

Old
06-03-2010, 12:51 PM
UnPLEASED Anton

vCash: 500
^ Have a link for the N&O article? I must have missed that one.

Also, don't see a lot of hate in this video, granted that he scores in every scene, but I still wouldnt be that chipper with a guy I hated:

Things seemed fine to me from an outsider's point of view, but I am not privy to locker room conversations and inside information so I guess I should defer to you.

UnPLEASED Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2010, 02:31 PM
caniac247

And Carter slept with Hartnell's wife but you'd never know it ON THE ICE. Just Sayin.

caniac247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 02:02 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalkev View Post
Well, I can't reach that standard of proof, although I will quote you something told to me during the 2008-09 season by somebody who would know: "The guys (pause for emphasis) *HATE* him."

I know, with 100% certainty, that that is the case. You, of course, have the right to believe whatever you want to believe.
Really? Because I'll quote you something told to me during the 2008-2009 season by somebody who would know: "The guys (pause for emphasis) *LOVE* him."

I know, with 100% certainty, that that is the case. You, of course, have the right to believe whatever you want to believe. Guess it's your source against mine. Tough one.

The fact of the matter is, it doesn't matter what you think of a teammate personally. If he's out there doing his job on the ice, it's irrelevant. As already stated, Carter and Hartnell have allegedly had a problem in the past. If Philly wins the Cup this year, do you think Hartnell will remember that or his incident with Carter?

Do you think the team would rather be out of the playoffs without Babchuk or in the playoffs with Babchuk? Not to say that Babchuk would make them a playoff team, simply that every player on that team would take the ECF run over the #7 pick, regardless of who is on the team.

Blueline Bomber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 08:30 PM
impeach estaalo
RIPronrefo nevar4get

vCash: 50
Maybe that's part of the problem with team. That everyone is great friends with everyone else and thus nobody ever gets held accountable for anything.

All I know is that all the amazing locker room guys and lack of evil cancer lazy Euro Babchuk did not prevent this team from putting together a record-setting losing streak and failing to win a game on the road until December and that the team made the playoffs and went to the ECF with said Babchuk on the team the year prior (and yes I am aware that he was a healthy scratch, but he was still on the team and obviously did not sabotage it).

The real locker room cancer currently on the team is the 40-year old with the minus -52 rating over the past two years who publicly wonders why other players on the team don't get asked if they are going to retire. That seems eerily similar to what Babchuk said over three years ago about how other players should have been sent down instead of him. But of course, Fearless Former Captain gets a pass because He's Done So Much For This Franchise™.

Last edited by impeach estaalo: 06-06-2010 at 08:35 PM.
impeach estaalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 08:35 PM
geehaad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
The fact of the matter is, it doesn't matter what you think of a teammate personally.
Fact, huh?

You may not have to love all your teammates, but it certainly matters if players *HATE* each other. Not saying anyone in fact hates Babchuk, just saying that it would matter if it is true.

My guess is that it's not true, or it's incredibly overstated...like everything else represented as fact here.

geehaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 11:04 AM
bleedgreen

i dont think he is a cancer. not sure i buy that. i just think he is a pretty bad defensive defenseman, who isnt a strong enough offensive defenseman to make up for it. he definitely was not a top 4 guy when he left - so it would surprise me if he was now. when he comes back ill try to stop belittling him as much and give him a chance. i was once on his bandwagon. my problem is, he is the least physical 6'4" dman ive ever seen - he has a very weak base that routinely gets knocked over by smaller players, has no footspeed in his own end and is indecisive back there as well. if we had a strong d core, he would be a nice luxury to throw out on the pp from time to time. his footspeed and lack of quickness getting his shot off is already known to other teams, so i dont think he is a legit top pp guy regardless of his 16 goals. if you cant stay in the lineup in the playoffs, how are you a top 4 guy?

he is being brought back because he fits the pay scale and the "youth movement" per jrs requirements. when the youth movement fails he can go back to vets and feel justified.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 11:27 AM
AD Skinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by imayagainknowanton View Post
The real locker room cancer currently on the team is the 40-year old with the minus -52 rating over the past two years who publicly wonders why other players on the team don't get asked if they are going to retire. That seems eerily similar to what Babchuk said over three years ago about how other players should have been sent down instead of him. But of course, Fearless Former Captain gets a pass because He's Done So Much For This Franchise™.
It pains me how right you are. I usually agree with what you have to say, and never more so than now. It just sucks how true that is. By this point it's got to be a major elephant in the room.

AD Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote