HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sens/Ducks

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-03-2010, 12:29 AM
  #1
BobbyRyan54
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
Sens/Ducks

Ok so the draft is coming up soon a it seems that Murray dosent want to offer wisniewski crazy money that he wants for a 4th dman so I was think we can do this.

To sens:
James Wisniewski's rights

for

To Ducks:
Anton Volchenkov's rights

I think thats not a bad trade cause Volchenkov is set to walk and Wisniewski wants too much. What do you guys think?

BobbyRyan54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2010, 12:57 AM
  #2
S.S. Giggy
RIP 1974-2011
 
S.S. Giggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Getzlaf's Bald Spot
Country: United States
Posts: 1,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRyan54 View Post
Ok so the draft is coming up soon a it seems that Murray dosent want to offer wisniewski crazy money that he wants for a 4th dman so I was think we can do this.

To sens:
James Wisniewski's rights

for

To Ducks:
Anton Volchenkov's rights

I think thats not a bad trade cause Volchenkov is set to walk and Wisniewski wants too much. What do you guys think?
I think you'll have to sweeten it with a few picks.

S.S. Giggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2010, 12:58 AM
  #3
Ducks
Registered User
 
Ducks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tustin
Country: United States
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRyan54 View Post
Ok so the draft is coming up soon a it seems that Murray dosent want to offer wisniewski crazy money that he wants for a 4th dman so I was think we can do this.

To sens:
James Wisniewski's rights

for

To Ducks:
Anton Volchenkov's rights

I think thats not a bad trade cause Volchenkov is set to walk and Wisniewski wants too much. What do you guys think?
IF Wis was a UFA I'd say immediately. However, he's a RFA so it means we can still get a return for him if he signs somewhere else. So we'd need something valuable coming back.

Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2010, 01:59 AM
  #4
Paul4587
Registered User
 
Paul4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16,381
vCash: 500
Yeah, Wiz still has some value being a RFA, Volchenkov has virtually none unless he actually signs here which is why conditional picks are normall part of those types of deals.

Also, Volchenkov will likely get at least $5M on the open market, I think he's out of our price range TBH. Someone like Lydman, Clark, Sutton etc are more likely given our cap situation. Unless Nieds retires of course.

Paul4587 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2010, 02:49 AM
  #5
S.S. Giggy
RIP 1974-2011
 
S.S. Giggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Getzlaf's Bald Spot
Country: United States
Posts: 1,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Yeah, Wiz still has some value being a RFA, Volchenkov has virtually none unless he actually signs here which is why conditional picks are normall part of those types of deals.

Also, Volchenkov will likely get at least $5M on the open market, I think he's out of our price range TBH. Someone like Lydman, Clark, Sutton etc are more likely given our cap situation. Unless Nieds retires of course.
You mean Chris Clark of the Colorado Avalanche? I don't know, Avs fans were all complaining about him playing like an AHLer.

S.S. Giggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2010, 03:38 AM
  #6
Paul4587
Registered User
 
Paul4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.S. Giggy View Post
You mean Chris Clark of the Colorado Avalanche? I don't know, Avs fans were all complaining about him playing like an AHLer.
Brett Clark of the Avs, yeah. Not saying I want him (or Lydman for that matter), but those are the guys in the price range down from the likes of Hamhuis, Volchenkov, Seidenberg etc.

Paul4587 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2010, 09:45 AM
  #7
Professor John Frink
Registered User
 
Professor John Frink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 2,806
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Professor John Frink
Everyone is better off putting Volchenkov out of their minds. He has already stated that as long as he gets the offers(which he will) he wants to stay on the East Coast.

Professor John Frink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2010, 10:34 AM
  #8
BobbyRyan54
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
Volchenkov mite want 5 mill from Ottawa. Cause to me I think we have a shot at getting him he fits the style that we play.

BobbyRyan54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2010, 02:06 PM
  #9
Sean Garrity
Shut up and Dance!
 
Sean Garrity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Nut
Country: United States
Posts: 9,952
vCash: 500
Sutton would be perfect as a 2nd pairing dman with Lubo IMO, he may not be the best defender, but he's big, lays the body and can get nasty at times.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2010, 02:30 PM
  #10
BobbyRyan54
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
Yea that is true but lets not forget about age we need to stay away from the older guys cause we can pay for it later on.

BobbyRyan54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2010, 03:59 PM
  #11
S.S. Giggy
RIP 1974-2011
 
S.S. Giggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Getzlaf's Bald Spot
Country: United States
Posts: 1,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by karacter View Post
Sutton would be perfect as a 2nd pairing dman with Lubo IMO, he may not be the best defender, but he's big, lays the body and can get nasty at times.
Disagree. Sutton's already 38 so there's definitely questions about his durability and conditioning. I'd try to trade Eminger for Sarich. I like that deal much better because Sarich is much younger than Sutton and more capable of playing the no. 4 role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Brett Clark of the Avs, yeah. Not saying I want him (or Lydman for that matter), but those are the guys in the price range down from the likes of Hamhuis, Volchenkov, Seidenberg etc.
Sorry. My fault there, it was very late in the evening and I was getting ready for bed.

S.S. Giggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2010, 06:25 PM
  #12
Dirk316
Registered User
 
Dirk316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 5,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.S. Giggy View Post
Disagree. Sutton's already 38 so there's definitely questions about his durability and conditioning. I'd try to trade Eminger for Sarich. I like that deal much better because Sarich is much younger than Sutton and more capable of playing the no. 4 role.


Sorry. My fault there, it was very late in the evening and I was getting ready for bed.

Thats not nearly enough to get Calgary listening

Sutton as a #4 is ok as long as its 2 yr deal max and i think hes 35 not 38

Dirk316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2010, 06:54 PM
  #13
Paul4587
Registered User
 
Paul4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16,381
vCash: 500
Sutton just turned 35. I'd take him as a number 4 at less than what he's currently earning, but we'd still need to add someone on the second pairing.

Paul4587 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 01:03 PM
  #14
Jerky Leclerc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Anaheim
Country: United States
Posts: 7,637
vCash: 500
Jason Spezza is available and I wonder if Anaheim could make a play for him.

Jerky Leclerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 01:31 PM
  #15
Kalvinators
Go Ducks!
 
Kalvinators's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Latvia
Country: Latvia
Posts: 10,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky Leclerc View Post
Jason Spezza is available and I wonder if Anaheim could make a play for him.
Hell no!

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 01:39 PM
  #16
Talentless Practise*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,244
vCash: 500
Getzza down the middle would be downright scary. Would take Bobby though.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 03:19 PM
  #17
Emerald Duck
Registered User
 
Emerald Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky Leclerc View Post
Jason Spezza is available and I wonder if Anaheim could make a play for him.
Spezza makes way too much money ($7M cap hit).

Fans are pretty passionate about Bobby Ryan's upcoming deal and whether he deserves to make more money than Getzlaf. Spezza's salary is magnitudes worse and would set the salary benchmark for Getzlaf and Perry in a few years.

Emerald Duck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 09:47 PM
  #18
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!
 
snarktacular's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 18,250
vCash: 90
No thanks to Spezza. I don't want that turnover-crazy, pressure-choker on my team.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 12:59 AM
  #19
Sean Garrity
Shut up and Dance!
 
Sean Garrity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Nut
Country: United States
Posts: 9,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.S. Giggy View Post
Disagree. Sutton's already 38 so there's definitely questions about his durability and conditioning. I'd try to trade Eminger for Sarich. I like that deal much better because Sarich is much younger than Sutton and more capable of playing the no. 4 role..
I would do that trade instantly...

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 10:28 AM
  #20
Jerky Leclerc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Anaheim
Country: United States
Posts: 7,637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
No thanks to Spezza. I don't want that turnover-crazy, pressure-choker on my team.
Bob Murray could offer Jason Blake, 1st round 2010 (12th overall), and a prospect for Jason Spezza. The Ducks would be strong down the middle with Getzlaf and Spezza.

Jerky Leclerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 10:39 AM
  #21
Talentless Practise*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Duck View Post
Spezza makes way too much money ($7M cap hit).

Fans are pretty passionate about Bobby Ryan's upcoming deal and whether he deserves to make more money than Getzlaf. Spezza's salary is magnitudes worse and would set the salary benchmark for Getzlaf and Perry in a few years.
I think Getzlaf is going to make 7+ on his next contract with or without Spezza on the team. That is, without a discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky Leclerc View Post
Bob Murray could offer Jason Blake, 1st round 2010 (12th overall), and a prospect for Jason Spezza. The Ducks would be strong down the middle with Getzlaf and Spezza.
You can bet the Oilers will offer the same package as they did for Heatley. Could we reasonably beat Penner, Cogliano, Smid? Keeping in mind Murray (Bryan) likes Penner more than he should.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 01:34 PM
  #22
KelVarnsen
Line combos anyone?
 
KelVarnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mission Viejo
Country: United States
Posts: 4,130
vCash: 500
I would agree. I dont think the Ducks could pay 2 guys 7 mil +. I have never been a huge fan of Spezza and think the money would be better spent elsewhere like defense. The Ducks didnt have a problem scoring last season. It was that defense thing that hurt them.

KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 02:04 PM
  #23
190Octane
Registered User
 
190Octane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Fullerton, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky Leclerc View Post
Bob Murray could offer Jason Blake, 1st round 2010 (12th overall), and a prospect for Jason Spezza. The Ducks would be strong down the middle with Getzlaf and Spezza.
I would do that for any prospect not named Holland or Sbisa (or maybe Vatanen).

190Octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 06:00 PM
  #24
Duck Off
HF needs an App
 
Duck Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Country: United States
Posts: 12,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 190Octane View Post
I would do that for any prospect not named Holland or Sbisa (or maybe Vatanen).
So you are telling me u would agree to a trade of spezza for blake, 1st, and Gardner? I don't want any part of Spezza. Too much money for a 2nd line center that is no where to be found when it really matters.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 09:37 PM
  #25
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!
 
snarktacular's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 18,250
vCash: 90
Spezza and his turnovers and inability to handle pressure but to score profusely would be a great 2nd line center.

Problem is he isn't paid like a 2nd line center.

I'd be worried that it would make us even more unbalanced and cut out more money to improve the lacking D.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.