HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Shoot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
06-04-2010, 10:57 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Shoot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get the god damn puck on net!

Hossa , Kane , Versteeg , Toews , Byfuglien all passed up shots and ended up getting the puck poked away a sec after

Leighton was giving up rebounds all night (FLyers were doing good job to clear them)........ As we saw late in game throwing the puck on net is going to eventually pay off

Yet we pass...... Pass....... Stickhandle ,,,,,,, Turnover

or my favorite

Pass ..... Pass........No look pass behind back..... lose puck ,,,,,, Skate to bench for change leading to odd man rushes for Flyers

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 11:50 PM
stonecold

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

Hossa , Kane , Versteeg , Toews , Byfuglien all passed up shots and ended up getting the puck poked away a sec after

Leighton was giving up rebounds all night (FLyers were doing good job to clear them)........ As we saw late in game throwing the puck on net is going to eventually pay off

or my favorite

Pass ..... Pass........No look pass behind back..... lose puck ,,,,,, Skate to bench for change leading to odd man rushes for Flyers
And that's EXACTLY why the Flyers are the perfect team for Leighton. 90% of teams, he has terrible #s with all those rebounds, but the Flyers are GREAT at clearing those rebounds, they just need a guy who can make the initial save!

It's a best of 3 now. Still Chi is the favorite and has 2 out o the 3 at home, but it's a new series now and it's obvious the Flyers were no fluke. Great hockey!

stonecold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 11:57 PM
stonecold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

or my favorite

By the way, I feel compelled to acknowledge that you are an excellent & educated fan. I have noticed your posts and from the beginning, you have been confident & supportive of your team, but smart enough to realize that the Flyers were no cakewalk and a very formidable opponent. No matter what happens from here on out, I raise my glass to you!

stonecold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 10:16 AM
sedag

I was yelling this very thing the entire first period. I turned the game off at the end of the first after Hossa held the puck instead of shooting it as time expired. When I turned the game on again an hour later I saw a goal scored off of Versteeg's ***. I turned the game off again.

Now that I know there was a mini-comeback late I'm watching the replay on NHL network.

sedag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 11:05 AM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
My favorite was the Madden hold-the-puck-for-five-seconds-until-you-get-picked-in-the-slot. They're being too pretty and not getting the puck on net. Leighton gives up worse rebounds than Niemi. Go back to basics; get the puck in and crash the goal.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 11:36 AM
EmeticDonut

vCash: 1000
this is a sign of a team with no confidence. second-guessing their decisions, trying to pass on the responsibility etc. unfortunately this sort of playing causes lots of turnovers and therefor causes even less confidence.

EmeticDonut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 11:56 AM
sedag

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshinaya View Post
this is a sign of a team with no confidence. second-guessing their decisions, trying to pass on the responsibility etc. unfortunately this sort of playing causes lots of turnovers and therefor causes even less confidence.
With forceful coaching it is correctable.

Old
06-05-2010, 03:10 PM
spudnick

The Flyers have done the exact same thing every one of their series. Keeping the opposition to parimeter shots, blocking and putting sticks in the shooting lanes. If you actually watch, 75% of the Blackhawk goals this series they have come off deflections of Flyer player who had thier stick in the shooting lanes. The Flyers are VERY VERY Agreesive on the forcheck. They are clearing rebounds with ease. There cycling is outstanding and have dictated the majority of the play because of it.

spudnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Coldplay
Courage

The Flyers frustrated the Habs shooters in our series too, limiting us to perimter shots much like the Hawks are getting now (except for game 3, when we cracked the wall(s) that is their pressure-based D and Leighton).

Hawks need to start going to the dirty areas of the ice. I know it's cliche, but it's the only way to beat the Flyers. Cycle the puck until you get an opening. With one D jumping into the slot/play/rush in the offensive zone (as always with the Hawks), I have no doubts you'll be able to get around their D. It's just a matter of hardwork more than anything, something the Hawks did not do last game. The Flyers deserved to win plain and ****ing simple.

They need some sustained pressure and a goal or two to start the game, preferably in period 1.

Oh, and did I mention some freicking D? Last night's display of "defense" from Hammer was laughably pathetic, not only him though, Sopel needs to play less and Campbell needs to get in more. He's back, start using him, this is the ****ing Cup finals and you are two wins away from it all. Don't let some jackasses take that away from you.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 04:03 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

Campbell was ****ing awesome last night. Keith should be playing 30, Seabrook + Campbell 25, and then the other 3 take the last 40 minutes.

theaub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 06:53 PM
sedag

Shoot the ************* puck in Game 5.