HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mark Hardy Arrested Under Suspicion of Felony Sexual Abuse

Closed Thread

Old
06-05-2010, 07:34 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post

MH has hired some heavy hitters and I don't blame him either way.
That's more of a reflection of the sad state of our legal system than anything else.

Old
06-05-2010, 07:48 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
I agree.

Where you once had one of the fairest and most unique justice systems in the world is has become a ***** and a sham of a system that is a big part of the reason that America is in the trouble it is today.

Its still better than most and even more so if you have the cash to buy your freedom but that is sadly true of most everywhere on the planet.

Old
06-06-2010, 02:35 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
I love the new blog look.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Agreed.

It looks niiice. Yes, three i nice. I would give you an extra half an i if there were a ha' i.
Thank you and thank you. It was a moment of inspiration that hit me very late / very early on a Friday.

Old
06-06-2010, 02:37 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
So we won't hear any of the facts of the case until it is brought to trial (if that happens), is that right?

Since hearsay is allowed on the 7/1 hearing it isn't the same as when a case is heard during a trial unless I misunderstood.

MH has hired some heavy hitters and I don't blame him either way.
If by facts you mean Hardy's version of what happened, you are correct. If you mean his daughter's version of what happened, we already have that.

Old
06-06-2010, 05:21 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Thank you and thank you. It was a moment of inspiration that hit me very late / very early on a Friday.
One thing to do is add a text-resizer widget. The text on the page is huge.

Old
06-06-2010, 12:19 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
One thing to do is add a text-resizer widget. The text on the page is huge.
I will PM you.

Old
06-07-2010, 09:52 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

zad,

I mean all of the facts without any hearsay as presented in a court of law where it can be scrutinized by people who's specific jobs are to do so. That way we can actually base our opinions on the specific details of this terrible situation.

Everyone's factual statements, not based on opinion or merely a police report which is also hearsay in some situations.

Old
06-07-2010, 02:06 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
zad,

I mean all of the facts without any hearsay as presented in a court of law where it can be scrutinized by people who's specific jobs are to do so. That way we can actually base our opinions on the specific details of this terrible situation.

Everyone's factual statements, not based on opinion or merely a police report which is also hearsay in some situations.
A full presentation of all the facts, by witnesses in open court, subject to rules of evidence (i.e., the exclusion of hearsay -- which is permitted at a Preliminary hearing) ONLY HAPPENS AT TRIAL, and it is my considered legal opinion that this case never gets that far, for a myriad of different reasons, which you could all spend countless more hours speculating upon.

Ready. . . , Begin!

Last edited by DIEHARD the King fan: 06-07-2010 at 02:44 PM.
Old
06-07-2010, 02:12 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Maybe this has already been discussed but why is the daughter so insistent on pressing charges against her own dad? I could be wrong but is it possible that this isn't the first time that this may have occured? Yeah, it's all just speculation at this point.

Old
06-07-2010, 02:30 PM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
A full presentation of all the facts, by witnesses in open, subject to rules of evidence (i.e., the exclusion of hearsay -- which is permitted at a Preliminary hearing) ONLY HAPPENS AT TRIAL, and it is my considered legal opinion that this case never gets that far, for a myriad of different reasons, which you could all spend countless more hours speculating upon.

Ready. . . , Begin!
Mark Hardy reveals himself to secretly being a broom in a man costume and therefore cannot be charged as broom's are not subject to the laws of humans?

Mark Hardy's is revealed as actually being Mark Hardy from the future disguised as Mark Hardy's daughter and therefore Mark Hardy cannot be charged for Sexually Abusing himself?

Those are the only logical answers I could come up with, and only one of them seems really possible, the other is admittedly a little far-fetched.

Old
06-07-2010, 02:35 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Maybe this has already been discussed but why is the daughter so insistent on pressing charges against her own dad? I could be wrong but is it possible that this isn't the first time that this may have occured? Yeah, it's all just speculation at this point.
Failure to read prior relevant post Alert!

As I said in an earlier post, the concept of PRESSING CHARGES is a misnomer. The victim merely provides testimony or a statement. The prosecuting attorneys for the "PEOPLE", in this case of the District of Columbia, determine, based on the evidence the Police obtain, whether a crime has been committed, and if they believe one has, charges are filed and pursued through to resolution, whatever form that takes.

Even where the victim expresses their lack of desire to be invovled any longer, or indicates they will recant their statement, the prosecuting attorneys will often move forward with their case, and compel testimony from an unwilling victim, by means of issuing a subpoena for testimony, even to out of state witnesses (through a process where thay can get the victim's state of residence to put them on a plane).

In the case of a victim who recants or threatens to recant their statement, the prosecuting attorneys will often threaten to pursue charges against the victim for filing a false police report or for perjury, if the victim testifies differently than the reported statement they made upon which the initial arrest and report of crime were based. (this happens everyday in Los Angeles and Orange County Domestic Violence cases, and although Harpo's case centers around a sexual misconduct allegation, a domestic violence claim could also likely have been charged as well.)

So, to answer your question, and in terms easy to understand, IT AINT UP TO HER ANY LONGER, and that doesnt even factor in anything Harpo said to the police which could also form the basis for the charged offense.

Old
06-07-2010, 02:40 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
Mark Hardy reveals himself to secretly being a broom in a man costume and therefore cannot be charged as broom's are not subject to the laws of humans?

Mark Hardy's is revealed as actually being Mark Hardy from the future disguised as Mark Hardy's daughter and therefore Mark Hardy cannot be charged for Sexually Abusing himself?

Those are the only logical answers I could come up with, and only one of them seems really possible, the other is admittedly a little far-fetched.
Do I really need to go through this again?

Does the concept of drunken mistake of identity as to who the victim was sound unreasonable to you? Is it, to you, reasonably impossible that in a darkened room, Harpo got into a bed thinking he was with his wife, but it turned out to be his daughter?

If those scenario's seem patently unreasonable to you, without knowing anything more, I would suggest, politely, that what is unreasonable is not that entirely plausible situation, but the person evaluating it!

Old
06-07-2010, 02:49 PM
redcard

Quote:

Does the concept of drunken mistake of identity as to who the victim was sound unreasonable to you? Is it, to you, reasonably impossible that in a darkened room, Harpo got into a bed thinking he was with his wife, but it turned out to be his daughter?

If those scenario's seem patently unreasonable to you, without knowing anything more, I would suggest, politely, that what is unreasonable is not that entirely plausible situation, but the person evaluating it!
I was actually just hoping to create a chain of poster's all contributing half-baked nonsensical schemes on how Harpo can get away with it without regards to any actual legal solutions. I took your "hours of speculation...ready...begin" as a challenge.

Old
06-07-2010, 04:03 PM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

Quote:

If it was merely a mistake, the daughter would not have called the cops. That's the kicker and why that scenario doesn't seem reasonable.

Old
06-07-2010, 04:06 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
If it was merely a mistake, the daughter would not have called the cops. That's the kicker and why that scenario doesn't seem reasonable.
Really? I am wondering where you saw that tidbit of information, because I am under the impression that she did not, but that someone in hotel management did!

Old
06-07-2010, 09:31 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Really? I am wondering where you saw that tidbit of information, because I am under the impression that she did not, but that someone in hotel management did!
That is correct. She did not call the cops. Hotel security did. I have a copy of the report.

Old
06-07-2010, 09:45 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
A full presentation of all the facts, by witnesses in open court, subject to rules of evidence (i.e., the exclusion of hearsay -- which is permitted at a Preliminary hearing) ONLY HAPPENS AT TRIAL, and it is my considered legal opinion that this case never gets that far, for a myriad of different reasons, which you could all spend countless more hours speculating upon.

Ready. . . , Begin!
Isn't that exactly what I just said?

Old
06-07-2010, 09:49 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:

Other than through hearsay, do we really even know that this is what happened?

Old
06-07-2010, 09:55 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Other than through hearsay, do we really even know that this is what happened?
Of course. There are plenty of statements that are not hearsay or an exception to hearsay...why do I feel like this thread may turn into an Evidence course shortly?

Old
06-07-2010, 10:11 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

So there are reports that say that Hardy was drunk and mistakenly got into bed with his daughter and molested her thinking it was his wife? Because that is what I was referring to. In diehards post he said that it was a case of (drunken) mistaken identity and I didn't know that this had been established as a fact and believed it to be hearsay based on what people who weren't present at the time of the alleged attack took place.

If this has already been established then why would there be a need for any further findings to be presented?

Just curious.

I'm obviously not a lawyer but I am an educated person and I thought that it was up to the two people (as far as I know only MH and his daughter were in the room at the time of the alleged attack) who were in the room in this case to determine the facts of what actually happened and that everything else was either testimony based on what each individual had seen or heard after the incident or was merely hearsay.

Like I said, if it has already been determined that MH was drunk and mistakenly climbed into bed with his daughter thinking it was his wife and then proceeded to attempt intercourse with her then all that is left is for a judge to determine what the correct punishment should be, I think.

Old
06-07-2010, 10:17 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Of course. There are plenty of statements that are not hearsay or an exception to hearsay...why do I feel like this thread may turn into an Evidence course shortly?
You just reminded me of when I was studying Evidence back in Law School and because I understood instinctively, and could always fire it back to the professor when called on, Everyone in the Library would come ask me their evidence questions.

One night I got so pissed off with everybody asking me all their questions I put up a sign that said:

DON'T BOTHER ME, I'M STUDYING EVIDENCE.

AND ALL I KNOW ABOUT EVIDENCE IS THAT EVIDENCE SUCKS

BECAUSE YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND IT!

Ah, the lovely memories of three semi-miserable years

Old
06-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

There is nothing in any report that I have seen that states he thought it was his wife. I think that is deduced from the overall circumstances. Hardy's statement does not state that he thought it was his wife. The statements immediately after the incident and 10 minutes later are clearly indicative of someone who didn't realize it was his daughter so the presumption that he thought it was his wife is a fair one. The report does confirm that not only did they admit they were very intoxicated but observations of the detective (if I recall correctly) corroborated that fact.

Old
06-07-2010, 10:21 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
You just reminded me of when I was studying Evidence back in Law School and because I understood instinctively, and could always fire it back to the professor when called on, Everyone in the Library would come ask me their evidence questions.

One night I got so pissed off with everybody asking me all their questions I put up a sign that said:

DON'T BOTHER ME, I'M STUDYING EVIDENCE.

AND ALL I KNOW ABOUT EVIDENCE IS THAT EVIDENCE SUCKS

BECAUSE YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND IT!

Ah, the lovely memories of three semi-miserable years
Ah man, I would have so come up to you and asked you a Civ Pro question about the Eerie or Wagon Wheel case just to **** with you.

Old
06-07-2010, 10:23 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

So then I should disregard your previous post?

Old
06-07-2010, 10:24 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
So then I should disregard your previous post?
Objection. Vague and Ambiguous. Unintelligible.

Sustained.

Closed Thread