HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CP Article on Steve Begin

Closed Thread

Old
03-16-2005, 02:44 PM
habscout

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to habscout Send a message via AIM to habscout Send a message via MSN to habscout Send a message via Yahoo to habscout
CP Article on Steve Begin

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...v=cp&type=lgns

It seems similar to the La Presse article that was covered recently, but perhaps a little more detailed. I found Hainsey's comments about Begin's leadership interesting. For someone who didn't play a great deal with Begin last year, he had some high praise for Begin.

Old
03-16-2005, 04:26 PM
mclusky*

Begin should wear, at least, an "A" when hockey resumes. Strip Brisebois or Rivet or Zednik, it doesn't matter who, Begin deserves it more than any of them and he's only played one season here.

Old
03-16-2005, 05:51 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclusky
Begin should wear, at least, an "A" when hockey resumes.
What, you think he should he should overtake Koivu for the C?

Old
03-16-2005, 06:04 PM
TroyM

Despite the fact he wasn't an avid viewer of Canadiens games growing up, Begin considered the move to Montreal a dream come true.

"I was kind of nervous the first week going there, with all the media. After a few days, I was comfortable. It was awesome playing there."

Something about hearing that always makes me smile, haha. It's so nice when you really feel a player loves the team he's playing for and is willing to do anything for the team. Begin and Huet being the two that recently said such things.

Old
03-16-2005, 06:06 PM
Habs13

I agree with an A but not the C. I'm really high on Steve Begin. I think he was one of the key players on last years squad and I enjoyed every second of his ice time. He's the kind of sparkplug that can ignite a team and get them back on track. His style of play is perfect for Calgary and I think they made a mistake letting him go (see also M. St.Louis) ..but what he brings to the Habs is golden! And at26, we can expect more good things I suspect. He scored 10 goals in 52 games for Montreal nad has 2 goals in 8 games for Hamilton. A gritty guy that can add some offensive too! Brilliant!

I liked Hainey's comments too.. "It's the same thing here. It's a little different because he's been out for about a year. He's getting into it a little slower but for the most part, he's the same guy, a leader for everybody to look up to and play like." And yes, Mr. Hainsey sure could look up to this guy and learn to play the body like him or D partner, Komisarek.

Bright future for the Habs!

Old
03-16-2005, 07:42 PM
larue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM
Despite the fact he wasn't an avid viewer of Canadiens games growing up, Begin considered the move to Montreal a dream come true.

"I was kind of nervous the first week going there, with all the media. After a few days, I was comfortable. It was awesome playing there."

Something about hearing that always makes me smile, haha. It's so nice when you really feel a player loves the team he's playing for and is willing to do anything for the team. Begin and Huet being the two that recently said such things.
I love that too and I miss players that feel that way. We need more guys like Begin in the NHL. Oh I am sure there are lots but the league needs more.

Closed Thread