HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Just an idea...If NYR gets S.Crosby

View Poll Results: If the deal is there move Crosby or still keep.....
Keep #1 overall pick no matter the deal 60 72.29%
If the deal is fair or good/excellent make the move 22 26.51%
Dont know, not sure. 1 1.20%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2005, 08:59 PM
NYFAN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Yeah? Then how do you explain Ulanov leading the Rangers in +/-, for much of that season until he got traded to Florida?
Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while!

Old
03-16-2005, 04:26 AM
marvel

Quote:
I have no idea how you define "prime," and I suspect that it changes according to the neds of any given argument you're in, but for most people a player's prime begins somewhere in his mid-20s and goes through his very early 30s.
The prime of a player of course is not always the time in the mid-20 to his very early 30s. That usualy maybe so. The prime is juist his best time. And Lindros best time was his time with the flyers. But you're right, is a question of definition. And of course you can define it as you like...

Quote:
Forsberg has had a winning career, I wouldn't say better, though he is obviously not as fragile as Lindros at this point.Is Forsberg better now? yes, Was he prior to 2001, no.
Absolute right! But Forsberg is as fragile as Lindros... just look how often Forsberg is hurt. He playes very physical and that's why he is hurt that often. But you can't blame a player for his aggressive style. That's what I wann see. I don't wanna see just dolls dancing on the ice...physical play is part of the game we love!

Quote:
Plus minus refers to Tawnos posting that Lindros was ok defensively but Forsberg was exceedingly good. The numbers don't say that!
Right! Forsberg is defensively better, but Lindros still is good defenisely!

Quote:
+/- is no indicator of defensive ability. I will argue that until I die. I consider it to be one of the worst statistics in sports.
Totally wrong!!!!! A good +/- doesn't mean a player is a top defensive player, but it shows his defensive awareness. You think Lindros does have such a good +/- just because he played on the topline of the flyers? Than why has Ray Bourque such a good +/-? Because he always plyed on the top squad? And then why have Pavel Bure, Alex Mogilny, Mike Gartner, Brett Hull, etc etc such a bad +/- compared to Lindros? Did't they score like hell? Lindros didn't have a single season with a minus. So that does say he and his linemates always scored more goals than they took. Even as a Ranger. And that s because he is a good defensive player. He doesn't have to run from one end to the to proof he is good in defense. He was a forward who wants to score goals. But he was a good forechecker, a good backchecker and played well positional. If I thought he was as good as Jere Lehtinen I would say he was outstanding. But he was just good...as I always said.

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 03-16-2005 at 12:24 PM.
Old
03-16-2005, 06:50 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
If you don't think that it would benefit the NHL to have the Rangers with a big star and being successful you need your head examined.

It certainly hadn't helped the NHL that over the last 7 years you've have the following:

Rangers - no playoffs
Islanders - 3 playoffs, no playoff series wins, 4 playoff wins
Blackhawks - 1 playoff, no series wins, 1 playoff win
Bruins - 5 playoffs, one series win, 14 playoff wins
Kings - 4 playoffs, one series win, 10 playoff wins

Anyway you look at that, it's a disaster for the NHL.
You talk like your giving facts when there only opinions. So still give me a good reason why it would HELP the NHL if Crosby goes to NYR. YOu just talked and talked but didnt answer my question. So because NYR gets Crosby they will suddenly be successful, thats a pretty ridiculous/silly or in what ever way you want to put with out being to aggressive comment, and completley untrue. You make it like one player can do everything, he is just one guy, you know that right.

Last edited by AG9NK35DT8: 03-16-2005 at 06:58 PM.
Old
03-16-2005, 07:42 PM
marvel

Quote:
You talk like your giving facts when there only opinions. So still give me a good reason why it would HELP the NHL if Crosby goes to NYR. YOu just talked and talked but didnt answer my question. So because NYR gets Crosby they will suddenly be successful, thats a pretty ridiculous/silly or in what ever way you want to put with out being to aggressive comment, and completley untrue. You make it like one player can do everything, he is just one guy, you know that right.
Sorry, he didn't say the Rangers will be successful when they get Crosby. Although Crosby is a player who makes players around him better. But that alone is not enough. The Rangers have depth with all their talents. Why will it help the NHL when Crosby plays with Rangers? Because the New York area is the most important market in Northamerica. Crosby in a Rangers jersey will most of all help the NHL in the USA. And that's exactly what is most needed. In Canada Hockey is big and always will be. But in the USA hockey loses ground each day. And the Next One (let's hope he will be) playing in New York would be the best thing for hockey and NHL. In New York Crosby would be in the spotlight much more than in any other city. Although that could be a problem for Crosby too, but I think he can handle that. He is mentally strong and has his feet on the ground. When Crosby signs as a UFA he will propably go to Montreal. That would be great for the Habs, but bad for the NHL. The US market is 80 % of the whole NHL market. So it sure would be better when Crosby is playing in a US team. And the biggest and most importnt market in the US is New York...

Closed Thread