HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hab sightings: Hal Gill @ Starbucks on Monkland

Old
06-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Ipousse Lapuck

vCash: 500
I met Glen Metropolit at X Restaurant between McGill and Concordia about a months and a half ago, told him good luck for the playoffs and asked him about his shoulder. He was a really nice guy and very approachable, we chatted for like 2 minutes...

Ipousse Lapuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 04:25 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
In Monkland? Weird, I couldn;t see the stars going all the way down there in NDG.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 04:39 PM
Hades

Seems like I'm the only one who never saw a Habs player . I guess it's because I don't go downtown enough.

Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

I saw Gorges and Chipchura walking around Eaton center.. I saw them walk out of West Coast

Pierre Dagenais is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 04:56 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
In Monkland? Weird, I couldn;t see the stars going all the way down there in NDG.
It's a really nice spot (Monkland village). Lots of restaurants, some bars and cafes there.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 04:58 PM
Sandvich
VERY NICE

Saw Latendresse at the restaurant L'academie.

Told him he sucks, so he called Georges Laraque and told me he's gonna come to kick my ass.

10 minutes later, BGL came into the restaurant asked me if i wanted to fight, i replied no, and he said okay, and left.

Sandvich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 05:06 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:

You know, I'd think that... but you know the CDN theater? I worked there for years and let's face it, it's a ****hole. But guess who showed up to watch Michael Moore's "Capitalism: A Love Story" this year? Sacha Baron Cohen (Ali G, Borat, Bruno)... He showed with just one guy. I was in a theater, not doing much, when a co-worker ran and told me that he thought Borat was here. I guffawed.. went and looked..and it was true. Everyone was giggling like little girls (including me). When he came out of the movie, he wouldn't take any pictures or anything but signed the Bruno posters we had leftover from last summer (signed them "VAZZZAP - Bruno").

Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 05:51 PM
xposbrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Yeah I must say Cage is a total ****hole, especially the west island one lmao. But hey, whatever floats your boat. A lot of people like McDonald's too, and it's ******.

I would've gone up to him, he seems like an approachable player. Only NHL related person I or any of my friends have run into on the west island:

Guy Carbonneau, Mario Tremblay (my dad met him randomly, must've been over 10 years ago now though), can't think of any others off the top of my head.
I know 3 people who met him, all 3 said he's a ***** in person. One asked for an autograph, didn't even get it, and another guy I know asked for a pic, obviously didn't get it either.

xposbrad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 05:55 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

I saw Gomez,Cam and AK a couple of time, Gomez and Cam look like guys I can beat at hockey ball, Kostitsyn look like a bull.

I saw Laraque too he's build like a monster

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 06:02 PM
Theran189

Plekanec actually came to the Starbucks where I work the day before the team left for Washington.

Funny thing is I'm the only one who recognized him and he didn't get the best service...

I saw him later on my break and just wished him good luck for the playoffs, more to confirm to myself he did was Plekanec than to bother him...

Theran189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 06:04 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Nah, apparently at Starbucks ON Monkland road, not in Monkland. I misread it too.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 06:04 PM
InglewoodJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
It's a really nice spot (Monkland village). Lots of restaurants, some bars and cafes there.
Lmao, I didn't call it the village; if my dad saw me calling it that, he'd kill me, he grew up in NDG, and remembered when Monkland was a toilet, and when it wasn't just a hipsters paradise.
It is pretty nice, but I find it looks to residential too have stars, I'd expect guys like this to stick to St. Cath, Sherbrooke, like the core of downtown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
You know, I'd think that... but you know the CDN theater? I worked there for years and let's face it, it's a ****hole. But guess who showed up to watch Michael Moore's "Capitalism: A Love Story" this year? Sacha Baron Cohen (Ali G, Borat, Bruno)... He showed with just one guy. I was in a theater, not doing much, when a co-worker ran and told me that he thought Borat was here. I guffawed.. went and looked..and it was true. Everyone was giggling like little girls (including me). When he came out of the movie, he wouldn't take any pictures or anything but signed the Bruno posters we had leftover from last summer (signed them "VAZZZAP - Bruno").
That is so awesome!

Old
06-07-2010, 06:07 PM
InglewoodJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Nah, apparently at Starbucks ON Monkland road, not in Monkland. I misread it too.
No I knew that But from experience, Monkland street doesn't look like the star hub to me.

Old
06-07-2010, 06:11 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

I saw Mr. Bell, Benoit Briere.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 06:51 PM
Habs 1909

I have yet to meet a Hab and probably the only person in Montreal not to.

Habs 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 06:55 PM
Patrice Brisebois

I seem to be pretty luckly with meeting/seeing players... but maybe it's just because I keep my eye out for them, lol.

I met O'Byrne, Price, Chipchura, Higgins, and Gorges at the Scotiabank theatre a couple years ago. I was the only one that seemed to notice them, which was weird. They were all really nice guys and had the patience to sign autographs for me.

A week later I saw the Kostitsyn brothers outside the Bell Centre, looked like they had just finished practice. They looked like they didn't want to be seen so I let them be.

I've seen Carbo around a couple times. Didn't seem really interested in being seen lol.

I talked to Doug Jarvis for about 5 minutes in Windsor Station a few years ago.

Met Jim Dowd in front of a strip club when the Flyers were in town a couple years back. He seemed really surprised that someone recognized him. He was a really nice guy, I talked to him for a few minutes. He seemed really sincere when he told me playing in Montreal was the best time of his whole career.

I saw Gomez with a couple random guys on Ste. Catherine last August. He was drunk, and was kicking garbage bags around. I got pretty excited and yelled "HEY! GOMEZ!" he happily replied "HEY MAN! HOWS IT GOING!"

I saw Pouliot on De La Montagne not long after he was traded here.

annd my most recent meeting was with Rod Brindamour on Ste. Cath. It was just before the season ended. Just said hello quickly. He seemed like a cool guy.

Patrice Brisebois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

I swear I saw Tie Domi in an office building near the Bell Center 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 07:06 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

oh yeah and I swear to God I saw Bob Gainey in his car, singing and smiling 2 days after the darkest day in Habs hisrtory

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 07:09 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
The closest thing to a Hab I saw, besides a meet-and-greet with Ribeiro, Theodore, Rivet and Zednik, I once saw Yvon Pednault at the Pizza-Delic in the Plateau. My wife noticed him sitting two tables behind us, but I didn't approach him. I felt bad and didn't want to disturb the guy, since he was enjoying his pizza, scarfing it down.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 07:11 PM
Spectaculard

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
Thays freakin amazing.

Can't believe he went to that ****hole! I used to go there all the time.

Edit: Thinking about it, its probably smart for someone so famous to go to an obscure quiet cinema where his chances of being bothered are much less than in downtown.

Last edited by Spectaculard: 06-07-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 07:20 PM
JayBee*

I live in Toronto now so I haven't seen any current habs but I've seen the following Habs:

Gainey - Went to school with his son, he'd drop him off sometimes. Always liked Bob from then..think this was back in 87-88.

Carbo - Went to his hockey camp

Roy back in 89 I think? He was just walking down the street, was too shy to say anything. Then saw him again when he got his number retired and took a weird stalkerish picture with him.

Kovalev - Bell Centre

Guillaume - big guy

Does Fichaud count? lol

Think that's it. Sadly I've had opportunities to meet all the Hab players but I've always turned down offers because it would be too akward, lol.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 07:28 PM
akalaM

Are you kidding me man??
I live on Oxford between Monkland and Terrebonne, thats like 5 minutes from that Starbucks. Daaamn!
That's craaaazy!

Do you think he lives in the neighbourhood?

akalaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 07:37 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by akalaM View Post
Are you kidding me man??
I live on Oxford between Monkland and Terrebonne, thats like 5 minutes from that Starbucks. Daaamn!
That's craaaazy!

Do you think he lives in the neighbourhood?
Someone mentioned he lives in Westmount.

He got his coffee and left ... walked down monkland checking everything out and walked into Ben & Jerry's or a store next to it.

Ya, I wasn't in the mood to say hello but the moment he left I jumped on the terrace like a little chick to see where he was heading

coolasprICE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Max Levine

Quote:
Originally Posted by xposbrad View Post
I know 3 people who met him, all 3 said he's a ***** in person. One asked for an autograph, didn't even get it, and another guy I know asked for a pic, obviously didn't get it either.
Saw him years ago. He was driving his Porsche over the bridge leading to Ile-Bizard. He stopped right in the middle to chat with someone coming from the other side. After maybe 20 seconds, other car drivers were getting impatient and started honking. Carbonneau defiantly looked back and went on with his discussion.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote