HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Off-Season Thread (Discussion of Kovy's rights goes here for now)

Old
06-07-2010, 09:43 PM
William H Bonney

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
That's a massive overpayment imo.

Massive. But that's just me.
It's not just you.

Plus, making that trade (which would wipe out our prospect pool) and taking on a floater's $7 million cap hit and adding Kovy to a long term deal would mean a lot of our younger players would be on the way out too.

06-07-2010, 09:44 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I'd do, Stoll, Williams, Teubert and Moller, and a 2nd for Spezza and a warm body.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 09:45 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
So, you wouldn't do that deal? Which would you add/subtract for Spezza?
I would not at all. His contract sucks for the player he is.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 09:46 PM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
I'd do, Stoll, Williams, Teubert and Moller, and a 2nd for Spezza and a warm body.
But why would the Sens do that? We're talking about their #1 center here. Schenn has to be the center piece to the trade.

HYORI 1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 09:47 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
But why would the Sens do that? We're talking about their #1 center here. Schenn has to be the center piece to the trade.
Some Sens fans are under the impression that they need to fill out their roster. Stoll, Williams and Moller help accomplish that.

Old
06-07-2010, 09:47 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
That's a tough one. I'd consider it, depending on what that warm body brings to the table. Even still, that's a really tough trade to make given Spezza's contract, although he is much better than what Stoll and Williams have given us, unfortunately. At that point it comes down to what you think of Teubert and Moller. Also, I'd want to drop the pick.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 09:48 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Depending on the warm body I wouldn't even go that far.

The Dany Heatley trade would be my comparable and that fetched Ottawa Michalek, Cheechoo and a 2nd.

William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 09:51 PM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Some Sens fans are under the impression that they need to fill out their roster. Stoll, Williams and Moller help accomplish that.
Hey, if we can get it done with your proposal, I'm all for it. That's a no brainer imo.

HYORI 1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 09:53 PM
KingLB

Some of these proposals for Spezza are bad....his value is ~Kopi's (little less imo) who hear would trade Kopi for a couple 2/3rd liners and a prospect that now has question marks????

Imo fair value is our first this year, one of schenn/Hickey/Loki/Voinov, and a roster player of Stoll/JW/Richie(and a 2nd if for Richie)

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 09:56 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Some of these proposals for Spezza are bad....his value is ~Kopi's (little less imo) who hear would trade Kopi for a couple 2/3rd liners and a prospect that now has question marks????

Imo fair value is our first this year, one of schenn/Hickey/Loki/Voinov, and a roster player of Stoll/JW/Richie(and a 2nd if for Richie)
Each situation isn't close to comparable.

Old
06-07-2010, 09:56 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Hey, if we can get it done with your proposal, I'm all for it. That's a no brainer imo.
Not saying it'd work, but I wouldn't offer more.

Quote:

I just don't see any team offering that. Maybe Edmonton or Columbus.

Old
06-07-2010, 10:21 PM
Ollie Weeks

It then becomes a question of Spezza or Kovalchuk. Hard decision, that.

Stoll, Moller, 1st for Spezza and Cheechoo. Might need to tweak it, but I like that as a starting point.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 10:29 PM
JDM

Forget trading for Spezza. I'm not sure I'd even offer him a contract if he were a free agent.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 10:34 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Moses View Post
It then becomes a question of Spezza or Kovalchuk. Hard decision, that.

Stoll, Moller, 1st for Spezza and Cheechoo. Might need to tweak it, but I like that as a starting point.
Not necessarily. Moving Stoll and Williams is pretty close to Spezza salary wise. Technically Kovalchuk would still be a possibility.

Old
06-07-2010, 10:38 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Not necessarily. Moving Stoll and Williams is pretty close to Spezza salary wise. Technically Kovalchuk would still be a possibility.
Is that counting Doughty's huge raise, plus the raises Johnson and Simmer will also be getting soon?

Old
06-07-2010, 10:41 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Each situation isn't close to comparable.
What do you mean each situation....? I'm not sure how Spezza and Kopi aren't comparable....age is similar, salary is similar, and production is similar.....with edge to each in separate categories.

Old
06-07-2010, 10:42 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Is that counting Doughty's huge raise, plus the raises Johnson and Simmer will also be getting soon?
No. Because I don't want to make assumptions as to what those guys are going to make.

Old
06-07-2010, 11:10 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
What do you mean each situation....? I'm not sure how Spezza and Kopi aren't comparable....age is similar, salary is similar, and production is similar.....with edge to each in separate categories.
4 years is a pretty big difference in age IMO given where Kopi is in his development but that wasn't really what I was referring to.

I was referring to the their respective teams and the proposals we're seeing more so than each respective player, although I didn't really make that clear in my wording. We'd be trading from a position of power so-to speak whereas by most accounts Spezza wants out of Ottawa (and it may be mutual) and has a NTC.

When is the last time a top end player fetched two top 10 picks/prospects, a top 9 player, and a #1 pick?

Old
06-07-2010, 11:12 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
No. Because I don't want to make assumptions as to what those guys are going to make.
Gotcha but Dean would/should be making those assumptions.

Not that it really matters. I don't think he's interested in Spezza, let alone both Spezza and Kovy. Dean doesn't strike me as a guy that's looking to add a $7 million center that is soft and doesn't play defense.

Old
06-07-2010, 11:17 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Gotcha but Dean would/should be making those assumptions.

Not that it really matters. I don't think he's interested in Spezza, let alone both Spezza and Kovy. Dean doesn't strike me as a guy that's looking to add a $7 million center that is soft and doesn't play defense.
Soft yes, doesn't play defense meh. I do think if he can do it, Kopitar, Kovy, Spezza, Doughty and Smyth on the PP is genius.

Old
06-07-2010, 11:25 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Soft yes, doesn't play defense meh. I do think if he can do it, Kopitar, Kovy, Spezza, Doughty and Smyth on the PP is genius.
That would be an amazing unit to trot out there, I agree.

I just don't see Dean giving up what Ottawa will want for Spezza to make that happen.

Old
06-07-2010, 11:33 PM
KingLB

Quote:
4 years is a pretty big difference in age IMO given where Kopi is in his development but that wasn't really what I was referring to.

I was referring to the their respective teams and the proposals we're seeing more so than each respective player, although I didn't really make that clear in my wording. We'd be trading from a position of power so-to speak whereas by most accounts Spezza wants out of Ottawa (and it may be mutual) and has a NTC.

When is the last time a top end player fetched two top 10 picks/prospects, a top 9 player, and a #1 pick?
Not sure if you are referring to my post or others but I said 1 prospect, 1 pick, 1 top 9 more likely top 6. I think the DH trade from Ott last year is close, 2 top6's and a 2nd is pretty close imo, also the Ollie deal (to Calgary), hell even the the Kovi rental and Hossa rental(though different scenario's)

Also on the "2 top 10 picks" imo once a pick is made where is was made means little, that is to say you can value a Hickey/Schenn as top5 picks forever you have to judge them on currently value. What that is right now is up for debate that is just my opinion.

Old
06-07-2010, 11:42 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Not sure if you are referring to my post or others but I said 1 prospect, 1 pick, 1 top 9 more likely top 6. I think the DH trade from Ott last year is close, 2 top6's and a 2nd is pretty close imo, also the Ollie deal (to Calgary), hell even the the Kovi rental and Hossa rental(though different scenario's)

Also on the "2 top 10 picks" imo once a pick is made where is was made means little, that is to say you can value a Hickey/Schenn as top5 picks forever you have to judge them on currently value. What that is right now is up for debate that is just my opinion.
I was referring to the earlier proposal that got the new debate going, not yours necessarily. Your scenario is a lot more likely although I don't think Schenn would be available.

Ottawa didn't get two Top 6 players though. It's a huge reach to call Cheechoo a Top 6 guy anymore. But I agree that is a comparable trade, although I think Spezza is worth more than Heatley.

Agreed but Schenn still easily has the value he did when he was drafted. If in 3 years he's still toiling in the AHL, then yes, his value isn't what it is now but not even close to reaching that level yet. Hickey isn't worth a #4 pick again but he's still got a lot of value.

Old
06-07-2010, 11:59 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Spezza for Schenn, JW/Stoll, Voynov/Hickey and 1st. Trade for Spezza should entice Kovy to sign with us even more I would think.

As much as I want Schenn to be a king, the timing just isn't right. Schenn won't be in his prime for another several years and it's my impression that we're trying to win the cup now!!!
What DL is doing in LA the past few years completely negates your wet dream. Furthermore, Spezza ain't THAT dreamy.

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 12:15 AM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
There's a guy on the Sens board who seems to have credibility in regards to breaking deals before they've happened before. He just said Spezza is a goner...
He made a thread on the Sens board where he said he made the whole thing up.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...4#post26185424

Not that we may or may not make a move for him, but I thought I should note that.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote