HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hab sightings: Hal Gill @ Starbucks on Monkland

Old
06-07-2010, 07:51 PM
JayBee*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Levine View Post
Saw him years ago. He was driving his Porsche over the bridge leading to Ile-Bizard. He stopped right in the middle to chat with someone coming from the other side. After maybe 20 seconds, other car drivers were getting impatient and started honking. Carbonneau defiantly looked back and went on with his discussion.
Didn't he flip the bird at a bunch of reporters?

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 07:53 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
I saw Mike Keane at the Jazz Festival 5 year ago(maybe 6)

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 07:58 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Well, Ribeiro was in the same plane as me back in 2004. He was going to the Azores with his family.

Also, I once saw Brian Smolinski at Burger King(Eaton Center).

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Max Levine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Didn't he flip the bird at a bunch of reporters?
Yea, that too, lol. He was playing golf when a photographer took his picture from afar. I guess Carbonneau thought it would be funny.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 08:16 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
There's a small town in Ontario called Monkland.
Those of us that have had the priveledge of having been there know there isn't a Starbucks... Or anything, for that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Well, Ribeiro was in the same plane as me back in 2004. He was going to the Azores with his family.

Also, I once saw Brian Smolinski at Burger King(Eaton Center).
Are you sure it wasn't Lats?

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 08:22 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyG 91 View Post
I have yet to meet a Hab and probably the only person in Montreal not to.
lol i'm not in montreal and i've met a few Although all from hockey related events....the only player i've seen out in the 'wild' as Marrian Hossa at a pet store...his gf was hot....i didnt bug him

Met Gui Lafleur and he was REALLY nice....
Mr Gilette and the President of molson are very talkative and pretty down to heart....
I cant say anything bad about Bob Gainey...he was fairly quiet lol
Guy Carboneau i think was there at the time too and i dont recall him really saying anything
Patrick Roy: I have to say i was impressed even though i didnt say much and he didnt say much...i met him at the nhl draft and he was in a hurry wherever he was going...i had to stop and ask for a picture with him since i figure i might never get the chance again....he stopped and my fiance took a picture and he jetted off again lol

who else....benoit brunet was an ****
Stephane Richer was actually nice

Joel Bouchard was also nice

one of my neighbors is an ex nhl player....from the 70s and i cant remember his name lol...i dont talk to him often...had a beer with him once

HabsoluteFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 08:24 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

I've met Jesse Winchester, I have friends of friends with him. lol

Old
06-07-2010, 08:28 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Are you sure it wasn't Lats?
everyone knows Lats is a Mcdonalds fan not Burger King

HabsoluteFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 08:28 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
Patrick Roy: I have to say i was impressed even though i didnt say much and he didnt say much...i met him at the nhl draft and he was in a hurry wherever he was going...i had to stop and ask for a picture with him since i figure i might never get the chance again....he stopped and my fiance took a picture and he jetted off again lol
What I noticed when I saw him was that he has trouble walking. Like his knees are shot or something. And yes, he always walks like he has somewhere to be... Couldn't help but notice how he waddles around.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 08:32 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Yeah but BK has a better poutine, so maybe he was mixing it up a little to throw off the papparazzi. lol

Old
06-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I'm older than most of you so bare with me....but my best NHL player experience wasn't with an Hab though I've met and talked with a lot of them. Best experience was when the Habs moved from the Montreal Forum to the Molson Centre. Rangers were in town and my father, usher then, was on guard for what was left of the Forum which was, pretty much destroyed, rats in the dressing room and spa and so on....Well there was one guy who came in with his wife and wanted to come in. I obviously recognized him and so did my father who knew he was an NHL player but didn't quite remember at that time who he was so I had to told him. He let the player come in with his wife and asked him what he could do for him.

The player came in and said that he wanted to see what the old Forum looked like inside now that it was destroyed and all....My father who wasn't really allowed to let anybody came in said that he could go in....And so he did....The ice surface, obviously with no ice, most seats were already gone, was close to where we were sitting (pure luck that I was there that day, was just visiting my dad to see the dressing room and all...) so I kinda followed the player and his wife, not too close to be impolite but close enough to hear the guy say to his wife how it was so special to play there. That it was his favorite place and that he was sad to see it under these conditions etc.....He came back 5 minutes after and I'll tell you the guy had teary eyes.....Came to us and thanked us very much for letting him inside, saying that it was important for him to say a last goodbye....

That player wasn't a star.....but geez would we have loved to have that guy with our team when he was at his peak. The player was Adam Graves. One of the most intense moment I had a chance to be a part of as far as being around a NHL player.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 08:36 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Exactly Guillaume " Big Mac " Latendresse.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 08:40 PM
Galchenyuk94

I saw Ribeiro 5 years ago when I worked in a dep in Ile Bizard. He always bought Maxim magazines and 3,25% milk. One day I worked up the courage for an autograph.

Guy Lafleur went to this dep also, saw him alot of times at the post office. Always kept his Du Maurier King Size in his front shirt pocket. Never had the courage to ask him for an autograph. I saw Pauline Marois at that dep often too

Maxim Lapierre goes to Coiffure St-Laurent in the West island, near Fairview. He knows the owner I'm guessing.

And I saw Mathieu Carle, Matt D'Agostini, Chipchura, and Valentenko at House 2 years ago. They exchanged numbers with our friends and at the end of the night invited them over to their place, probably to put on some Barry White and get it on. Our friends refused though, for some reason.

EDIT: Valentenko was the weirdest dude ever. Couldn't speak a word of anything, he'd just drink and giggle all night.

Galchenyuk94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 08:46 PM
Bieber fever

I saw lecavalier with his gf at nascar + I played poker with him last year .He's already in montreal this years and I hope I'll seem him again at F1. Very nice guy.

One time I saw Lapierre with MY girlfriend......she wanted to have a pic with him so she asked him ''est-ce que tu peux me rendre un service'' and he reply '' oui , tu veux jenleve mon chandaille toute suite ?'' what a ****** lol

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 08:48 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

great story Whitesnake

i met Yvon Lambert at a Jean Coutu in Montreal and no he wasn't drunk lol

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 09:09 PM
LastRide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I'm older than most of you so bare with me....but my best NHL player experience wasn't with an Hab though I've met and talked with a lot of them. Best experience was when the Habs moved from the Montreal Forum to the Molson Centre. Rangers were in town and my father, usher then, was on guard for what was left of the Forum which was, pretty much destroyed, rats in the dressing room and spa and so on....Well there was one guy who came in with his wife and wanted to come in. I obviously recognized him and so did my father who knew he was an NHL player but didn't quite remember at that time who he was so I had to told him. He let the player come in with his wife and asked him what he could do for him.

The player came in and said that he wanted to see what the old Forum looked like inside now that it was destroyed and all....My father who wasn't really allowed to let anybody came in said that he could go in....And so he did....The ice surface, obviously with no ice, most seats were already gone, was close to where we were sitting (pure luck that I was t.here that day, was just visiting my dad to see the dressing room and all...) so I kinda followed the player and his wife, not too close to be impolite but close enough to hear the guy say to his wife how it was so special to play there. That it was his favorite place and that he was sad to see it under these conditions etc.....He came back 5 minutes after and I'll tell you the guy had teary eyes.....Came to us and thanked us very much for letting him inside, saying that it was important for him to say a last goodbye....

That player wasn't a star.....but geez would we have loved to have that guy with our team when he was at his peak. The player was Adam Graves. One of the most intense moment I had a chance to be a part of as far as being around a NHL player.

He scored 52 goals in 93-94 for the Rangers. He also had a few 30 plus goal seasons, 36, 33, 38. Has 2 Stanley Cups along with some awards. He was a good player. Not just score but throwing some knuckles and stuck up for teammates, old school hockey guys that are hard to come by nowadays

Last edited by LastRide: 06-07-2010 at 09:23 PM.
LastRide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 09:11 PM
Max Levine

Guy Lafleur I met on a couple occasions. Really, really nice guy. I was impressed. Jacques Lemaire also was very nice.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 09:15 PM
chpartisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

The player came in and said that he wanted to see what the old Forum looked like inside now that it was destroyed and all....My father who wasn't really allowed to let anybody came in said that he could go in....And so he did....The ice surface, obviously with no ice, most seats were already gone, was close to where we were sitting (pure luck that I was there that day, was just visiting my dad to see the dressing room and all...) so I kinda followed the player and his wife, not too close to be impolite but close enough to hear the guy say to his wife how it was so special to play there. That it was his favorite place and that he was sad to see it under these conditions etc.....He came back 5 minutes after and I'll tell you the guy had teary eyes.....Came to us and thanked us very much for letting him inside, saying that it was important for him to say a last goodbye....

Very interesting story. I've only been to the Forum a handful of times before the move (I was still a kid when the Canadiens moved to the Molson Centre), but I get a strange feeling of sadness whenever I visit the Forum today. I definitely feel like something has been lost...

chpartisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 09:40 PM
SpaceHawg

Not a Hab story but...
Colin Patterson (won a cup with the Flames in 1989) was a VP with Shaw Cable a few years back.
I'm a cable installer and he did a ride along with me for a few hours. He was very nice and down to earth. I had him "follow along" as we did installs for my morning customers. Had him standing out in the rain, getting soaked. Had him in the house of one of the stranger cable customers I've encountered. Had him helping me fish wire through a finished wall - dusty dirty work.
He was a good sport, and he took it all in stride. He didn't even mess around on his blackberry while we worked.
VP's move from region to region all the time, it was too bad to see him go.

SpaceHawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 10:02 PM
Maitz
Chucky#27

Saw Tender 3 years back in a Pizza Hut in Saint-hubert , I was working there... didnt made his meal 'cause I was punched out ...

And last year I saw and talked with Lapierre at the bar '' La queue leu leu'' in the '' vieux montreal'' on st.paul. I just said thanks for the season and the emotions you guys give us and he seemed bothered so I left him. I would not take a beer with him... Ed Hardy dude ...

Maitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 10:04 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

I had beers with Dave Gardner as recently as Friday . Dave was the 8th overall pick chosen by Montreal in 1972. That year the Habs had 4 picks in the top 14. Ah , those were the days.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 12:00 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Levine View Post
Saw him years ago. He was driving his Porsche over the bridge leading to Ile-Bizard. He stopped right in the middle to chat with someone coming from the other side. After maybe 20 seconds, other car drivers were getting impatient and started honking. Carbonneau defiantly looked back and went on with his discussion.

"you talkin to me?"

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 12:08 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitz View Post
Saw Tender 3 years back in a Pizza Hut in Saint-hubert , I was working there... didnt made his meal 'cause I was punched out ...

And last year I saw and talked with Lapierre at the bar '' La queue leu leu'' in the '' vieux montreal'' on st.paul. I just said thanks for the season and the emotions you guys give us and he seemed bothered so I left him. I would not take a beer with him... Ed Hardy dude ...
Now I get that you meant you had finished your shift. First I was like...
"maybe I should stay away from that pizza hut, not safe"

also, for the count, we have a Lats spotting at:
Burger King
Pizza Hut

Cammalleri buying his health foods, others coffee and general restaurants.

Sometimes reality imitates HF jokes.

When Metro was spotted at Cage, was he on IR? Perhaps he had an inside scoop and was there for the wings. I bet it was Tocchet's idea.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 12:40 AM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Gionta and Moen were at some family day thing at a park, some kids didn't have anything to get signed so they got their shoes signed.
lol

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 01:16 AM
Zeroknowledge*

I've met Lecavalier many times was a friend of his current GF and he would spend most summers in town.

Had friends that were very good friends with Souray, used to go to sofia's on St- Laurent all the time and he'd be there with them.

I've met Lapierre 2 or 3 times hangs out with the same guys I know that used to hang out with Souray.

And one night maybe 4 years or even 5 ago, I remember seeing Komisarek, Hainsey, Hossa and maybe Theodore at Time's the whole place was buzzing around them until Leonardo Dicaprio, Jude Law and Gwen Stefani walked in, Habs players probably went like WTF who just stole our buzz?

But through out all of this I always pretended like I was a very casual Hockey fan even with the ones that I've talked too and seen on many occasions, dunno why, I like it better I guess.

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote