HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Blues Season Awards

Old
04-13-2010, 07:56 AM
kfox9611

vCash: 500
Blues Season Awards

Don't have a list of nominees or anything like that but figured we could start up the awards like we've done in years past.

MVP- Alex Steen

Most Underrated- Jay McClemmant (we should just always give him the award)

Most Disappointing- Brad Boyes

Best Moment- Walts Farewell

Worst moment- Luongo giving up the shootout goal to Duchene. ( and we wernt even involved)

Best Goal- David Perron Vs Islanders (Darren Pang- Oh that was SICK!)

Best Hit- Janssen on Carey Price!

kfox9611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 05:05 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox9611 View Post
Don't have a list of nominees or anything like that but figured we could start up the awards like we've done in years past.

MVP- Alex Steen

Most Underrated- Jay McClemmant (we should just always give him the award)

Most Disappointing- Brad Boyes

Best Moment- Walts Farewell

Worst moment- Luongo giving up the shootout goal to Duchene. ( and we wernt even involved)

Best Goal- David Perron Vs Islanders (Darren Pang- Oh that was SICK!)

Best Hit- Janssen on Carey Price!

MVP-Chris Mason, He has put together back to back solid years in goal. He isnt an elite goaltender but he is the best we have had since Grant Fuhr.

Most underrated- Alex Steen, no one was expecting this kind of year from him and he was one of the lone brightspots in a up and down year that fell short of expectations.

Most disapointing-tie between Brad Boyes and Paul Kariya these two guys are paid to score and between the two of them their totalls were at or a little above where they both should have been.

Best Moment-I am a fight fan so am going to go off the board here and say DJ King's fight with Derek Boogaard and his entire body of work late this year he established himself as one of the best in the game at what he does and hopefully he is brought back.

Worst Moment-the Blown leads at home just killed this team. I will pick the worst one as the worst moment. They blew a 3 goal lead vs Edmonton and that should have been damn near impossible even for these guys this year who made a disturbing habit of this because Edmonton was such a bad team.

Best goal-hands down it was the Perron goal vs the Islanders

Best hit-Jannsen on Bradley, I dont care that he got suspended it was a hell of a hit that happened in the best home game of the year.

c-carp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 05:09 PM
General Veers

Great stuff, kfox9611. I like all your choices!
My honorable mentions would be:

MVP- Alex Steen (no change here!)

Most Underrated- Roman Polak (this'll be the last time he makes this category, we all know what he can do.)

Most Disappointing- Patrik Berglund (I know he'll come around)

Best Moment- King busting open Boogaard's face

Worst moment- Kaleta...

Best Goal- Cola vs. San Jose

Best Hit- Weaver on Sharp!

General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 10:57 PM
butteredtoast

MVP- Alex Steen, I can't even imagine what this season would have been like without him.

Most Underrated- Mike Weaver, he was just a rock all season long.

Most Disappointing- Patrik Berglund, went into this season thinking he had the highest potential of anyone on the "kid line". Now I have no idea.

Best Moment- David Backes trying to fight the entire country of Canada before the Olympics.

Worst moment- Getzlaf's knee on knee to Jackman that brought about another blown 3rd period lead

Best Goal- David Perron Vs Islanders, I'm still not sure on what giving him the ole 9 of hearts means, but I guess it's a good thing.

Best Hit- Weaver on Sharp

butteredtoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 12:09 AM
stlblues9

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp View Post
MVP-Chris Mason, He has put together back to back solid years in goal. He isnt an elite goaltender but he is the best we have had since Grant Fuhr.

Most underrated- Alex Steen, no one was expecting this kind of year from him and he was one of the lone brightspots in a up and down year that fell short of expectations.

Most disapointing-tie between Brad Boyes and Paul Kariya these two guys are paid to score and between the two of them their totalls were at or a little above where they both should have been.

Best Moment-I am a fight fan so am going to go off the board here and say DJ King's fight with Derek Boogaard and his entire body of work late this year he established himself as one of the best in the game at what he does and hopefully he is brought back.

Worst Moment-the Blown leads at home just killed this team. I will pick the worst one as the worst moment. They blew a 3 goal lead vs Edmonton and that should have been damn near impossible even for these guys this year who made a disturbing habit of this because Edmonton was such a bad team.

Best goal-hands down it was the Perron goal vs the Islanders

Best hit-Jannsen on Bradley, I dont care that he got suspended it was a hell of a hit that happened in the best home game of the year.
Actually at the time I'm pretty sure the Oilers were doing fairly well and were even ahead of the Blues.

stlblues9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 01:43 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues9 View Post
Actually at the time I'm pretty sure the Oilers were doing fairly well and were even ahead of the Blues.
I will take your word for that, I didnt mean any disrespect to the Oilers. I was just making a broader point that this team pissed away more big 3rd period leads than any that I can remember and that coupled with their play at home for the majority if the year cost them a playoff spot.

c-carp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 10:54 AM
kfox9611

Results are in for how the fans voted for the awards.

http://blues.nhl.com/club/news.htm?i...stl-twt-060710

kfox9611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 11:14 AM
SteenMachine

Hey lets give some due credit on this goal

The guy scored a 'header' in a hockey game for crying out loud.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote