HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Interview with New York Rangers Hopeful Dale Weise

Old
06-07-2010, 12:39 PM
GAGLine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Our 05-06 roster;

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Rucinsky-Rucchin-Prucha
Nieminen-Betts-Ward
Hollweg-Moore-Ortmeyer/Orr

Rozsival-Malik
Tyutin-Kondratiev
Poti-Kasparitus
Strudwick

You would probably have an annurism if we fielded a lineup similar to this.
I dont think im out of line in saying that personell isn't everything.
That team's success was predicated on the dominance of our 1st line and the emergence of Henrik.

As good as Gaborik is, he's no Jagr. Maybe MZA can play the Straka role, but we don't have a center that can do what Nylander did that year. And we won't, until we can either develop one (Dubinsky, Anisimov, Stepan or 10th overall pick 2010) or get enough cap space to sign one.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 12:45 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
That team's success was predicated on the dominance of our 1st line and the emergence of Henrik.

As good as Gaborik is, he's no Jagr. Maybe MZA can play the Straka role, but we don't have a center that can do what Nylander did that year. And we won't, until we can either develop one (Dubinsky, Anisimov, Stepan or 10th overall pick 2010) or get enough cap space to sign one.
While that may be true, our lower lines and defense are much better.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 02:22 PM
ThirdEye

Is it just me or do the majority of hockey players have horrible taste in everything? Megan Fox as favorite actor/actress? Really? Favorite food is cereal? Is that even considered food? Oh well, I guess it's good in a sense that these guys are so dedicated to hockey they never really had a chance to discover the greater things in life

Anyway, he had an impressive season. Hopefully he can make the team at some point and help us out. If he's anything like Callahan I would be happy

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 02:25 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Is it just me or do the majority of hockey players have horrible taste in everything? Megan Fox as favorite actor/actress? Really? Favorite food is cereal? Is that even considered food? Oh well, I guess it's good in a sense that these guys are so dedicated to hockey they never really had a chance to discover the greater things in life

Anyway, he had an impressive season. Hopefully he can make the team at some point and help us out. If he's anything like Callahan I would be happy
Ehh, Megan Fox isnt a terrible choice for a 21 y/o guy.

Old
06-07-2010, 02:57 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Our 05-06 roster;

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Rucinsky-Rucchin-Prucha
Nieminen-Betts-Ward
Hollweg-Moore-Ortmeyer/Orr

Rozsival-Malik
Tyutin-Kondratiev
Poti-Kasparitus
Strudwick

You would probably have an annurism if we fielded a lineup similar to this.
I dont think im out of line in saying that personell isn't everything.
Jagr got his own personnell and knew he would work magic with it. He did. That's why it worked out. We don't have that with a Gaborik. He doesn't have people he would favor playing with. Demitra hasn't really worked w/ Gaborik in Minnesota.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 03:05 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Jagr got his own personnell and knew he would work magic with it. He did. That's why it worked out. We don't have that with a Gaborik. He doesn't have people he would favor playing with. Demitra hasn't really worked w/ Gaborik in Minnesota.
He seemed to play pretty well with Christensen.

Old
06-07-2010, 03:21 PM
mullichicken25

gotta say im pretty excited about Weise and this organization's commitment to homegrown youth in general

in a really weak free agent group, this is probablly the wisest move for the team in the long term

it won't propell them to cup this year or anything but i dont think they'll step backwards....and saddly, as rangerds fans, not stepping backwards can be considered progress

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 03:23 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
if that really is our team this season, it will be tough, no wait..... it will be beyond brutal.

that's basically 10 3rd/4th liners, 1 euro import and one 1st line player.

awful.
And what's your plan? To overpay the Plekanec's and Ponikarovsky's and pray that they play out of their mind?

If the Rangers are going to suck next season, which they likely will, then I would rather them suck as guys like Anisimov, Weise, and MZA get plating time than watch yet another year of Kotalik/Higgins type of players underachieving.

Last edited by hlundqvist30*: 06-07-2010 at 03:39 PM.
hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 03:27 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
And what's your plan? To overpay the Plekanec's and Ponikarovsky's and pray that they play out of their mind?

If the Rangers are going to suck next season, which they likely will, then I would rather them suck as guys like Anisimov, Weise, and MZA than watch yet another year of Kotalik/Higgins type of players underachieving.
Bingo, Bango, Bongo!

Old
06-07-2010, 03:49 PM
XLJ

I like Weise but I think he is going to have a tough time making the team. If they bring back Shelley & Prust I dont see how Weise is going to fit. Personally I wouldn't bring back Shelley. I dont think you need an enforcer like Shelley playing every game. I would rather play the better hockey player. They can just keep a heavyweight in hartford and then call him up when they face teams like philly or toronto.

I would love the rangers bottom 6 to look like this
Avery-Drury-MZA/Callahan
Prust-Boyle-Weise

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 04:06 PM
nyr2417

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
I like Weise but I think he is going to have a tough time making the team. If they bring back Shelley & Prust I dont see how Weise is going to fit. Personally I wouldn't bring back Shelley. I dont think you need an enforcer like Shelley playing every game. I would rather play the better hockey player. They can just keep a heavyweight in hartford and then call him up when they face teams like philly or toronto.

I would love the rangers bottom 6 to look like this
Avery-Drury-MZA/Callahan
Prust-Boyle-Weise
we don't need to carry a heavy i've stated it before and there's no need to bring one up against philly, they don't have a heavy. We should let shelley go and let weise play. if youre worried about matching up with phillies toughness here are their top 4 fighters.... carcillo, lapierre, asham, hartnell.
Our top 4 without shelley... prust, voros (13th), weise, avery, and you can even include dubi in there as our 5th as he is always willing. hell even ryan callahan is more than willing to stick up for himself/teamates

and yes i'd love that bottom 6

nyr2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
theoretically this lineup can be plenty gritty with Weise instead of Shelley, or Weise with Shelley

Dubinsky-Christensen-Gaborik
Byfuglein-Anisimov-MZA/Afinogenov
Avery-Drury-Callahan
Prust-Boyle-Weise
Shelley

Rozsival-Staal
Girardi-MDZ
Foster-Redden/Gilroy

There is plenty of size in that lineup.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 06:04 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
I think wiese would be a very good addition to this team. I don't see him putting up 30 goals or anything but I could see him getting like 12-15 goals and 15 assists which would be great. I hope he makes the team he deserves it. While this team may miss the playoffs again I think it they will be more exciting to watch.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
theoretically this lineup can be plenty gritty with Weise instead of Shelley, or Weise with Shelley

Dubinsky-Christensen-Gaborik
Byfuglein-Anisimov-MZA/Afinogenov
Avery-Drury-Callahan
Prust-Boyle-Weise
Shelley

Rozsival-Staal
Girardi-MDZ
Foster-Redden/Gilroy

There is plenty of size in that lineup.
no way i want Afinogenov. i think Ryan Clowe is an UFA. id love him on the rangers, big nasty and go score a little oh and he goes to the net.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 06:10 PM
ocarina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
no way i want Afinogenov. i think Ryan Clowe is an UFA. id love him on the rangers, big nasty and go score a little oh and he goes to the net.
pretty sure he is a RFA

EDIT: actually, he is in the middle of a 4 year deal.

ocarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 06:36 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post

If the Rangers are going to suck next season, which they likely will, then I would rather them suck as guys like Anisimov, Weise, and MZA get plating time than watch yet another year of Kotalik/Higgins type of players underachieving.
i want no part of either of those guys. never did.

and the rangers will indeed suck next year. i have no doubt.

we havent scored goals for 2 straight seasons now. next year will be no different unless we somehow manage to convince kovalchuk to take a long term discounted deal to play on broadway with gaborik. this simply aint happening anyway as we do not have the cap room unless we lose one of the big 3 albatross contracts we have.

if that doesnt happen, and slats gets his way of signing no high priced fa's, were doomed to watch another season of torts hockey. the key isnt to not sign fa's. its to not sign fa's that suck. its simple.

not excited for this coming season at all if our lineup looks like the awful stuff thats been offered here.

if mza is the best thing to happen to this team all off season, we are royally screwin the pooch.

Last edited by offdacrossbar: 06-07-2010 at 06:41 PM.
offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 06:41 PM
nyr2417

I'm actually excited for next year, idk why but I could see this team be a hardworking bunch very similar to the coyotes of this year.

nyr2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 10:42 PM
Crazyhorse30

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2417 View Post
I'm actually excited for next year, idk why but I could see this team be a hardworking bunch very similar to the coyotes of this year.
Yeah, only without the winning.

Crazyhorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 10:55 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyhorse30 View Post
well once rangers get rid of some of the clowns on and off the ice, rangers will be much better glen please retire already

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 01:10 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Who cares where the kid plays if he makes the team. Coaches flip flop and juggle lines ever other week. I'd be thrilled to see him earn a spot on this team.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 01:56 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
For a 4th rounder Dale has done just fine. 28 goals-50 pts. as a 21 year old in the AHL. He has good size and plays physical. He and Byers are the forwards from Hartford with the best chance of cracking the NHL next season.
I'm praying both make the NHL roster.

Both big, strong kids, that play a physical game, and have very underrated offensive skills.

Both of their games will translate well to the NHL, and to what Tortorella wants to accomplish.

Going hard to the net, physical, north-south.

Weise is a bigger (better hands, too) Callahan.

Graves loves Byers, too. He's never wrong.

Please let Byers and Weise make the team. Big guys with actual offensive skill and physical play.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 11:04 AM
ecemleafs

at worst we field a young, fairly home grown lineup next year, continue to develop, have a bad record and get a high pick in a draft year that is predicted to not have much depth.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 11:44 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873

My hope is to...

Remove the Redden and Drury Contracts from the team.

Remove the big softie in Boyle (b b but he can kill penalties.....IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT HE CAN DO) (a tribute to the Rock's early WWE years)

Move Prust to the 3rd line with Anisimov and Avery

both Byers and Weise make the team and play on the 4th line with Shelly.

Sign Plekanec to a smart contract for 5 years at no more than 4 million per.

Re-sign Prospal for another year at no more than 2.5 million. Make the same offer to Jokinen.

My lines would look like this:

Dubinsky - Plekanec - Gaborik
Prospal - Jokinen - Zucko/Cally
Prust/Avery - Anisimov - Cally/Zucko/Avery
Byers - Wiese - Shelly/Avery

I don't see Jokinen ever getting back to that 90 point player he was while in Florida, but I do believe he's better than a 50-60 point guy and in the right situation with the right line-mates, I think we could see him getting 65-70 points.

Plekanec is also not the ideal #1 center, but playing with Gaborik can bring out some additional points and possibly push his numbers closer to that 80 point plateau.

I think we would be less starved for scoring and would be fine on the PK. This would also pose a more physical line-up as well.

one can only hope.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 12:30 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
My lines would look like this:

Dubinsky - Plekanec - Gaborik
Prospal - Jokinen - Zucko/Cally
Prust/Avery - Anisimov - Cally/Zucko/Avery
Byers - Wiese - Shelly/Avery
haha, Zuko? That's a funny nickname. We have a king already, why not a prince?

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 12:38 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyhorse30 View Post
that my friend, is simply... perfect.

short and sweet.

this team, with this lineup and thats even if we do manage to resign vinny "gramps" prospal, has the potential to be dreadful.

at best.

the only benefit to that would be the potential to have this guy

join our team the following year...

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote