HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hab sightings: Hal Gill @ Starbucks on Monkland

Old
06-08-2010, 03:19 AM
GoHomez

vCash: 500
My GF, who was a real estate agent at the time, almost sold a flat in a pretty hot part of Stockholm to Mats Sundin.

Funny thing is she didnt tell me until maybe a year later.
She saw him in a picture whitout all the equipment and casually said something like:
"Who is that, I think I have shown him a flat...."

Obvioulsy havent seen any NHL:ers but I see some SEL-guys now and then.
Legendary Swede Jonas Bergqvist, who previously had the record for most games for the national team, works in a building next to my work.

T

GoHomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 03:28 AM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post
Gionta and Moen were at some family day thing at a park, some kids didn't have anything to get signed so they got their shoes signed.
lol

That's one question id like to ask em, what's the weirdest **** you ever signed?

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 03:36 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post
Gionta and Moen were at some family day thing at a park, some kids didn't have anything to get signed so they got their shoes signed.
lol

Priceless pic ... only in Montreal lol

Gio makes those kids look big

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 05:38 AM
HabsSlappy

Hmmm let's see I'll start with the simple ones...

I've seen Bob Probert a number of times around Windsor. I also see Kyle Wellwood and Steve Ott every so often although that's not a big thrill since I used to play with them.

I once saw Alyn McAully at a Toronto Ikea, that was weird.

Last year, I was at a Detroit Tigers game and Gordie Howe was sitting directly behind me, I didn't bother him, just let him enjoy the game. He had a huge Stanley cup ring on.

When I was younger I was buying a suit at Freeds in Windsor and Scotty Bowman was there picking out suits as well. Very nice guy.
I went to a wedding where Adam Graves was in attendance.

I also met and chatted with Mike Modano when I was younger. My hockey coach used to coach him when he was a kid and he was my favourite player. So he arranged for me to meet him. He took me for a quick ride in a convertible.

Ed Jovonovski once asked me if I wanted to race when he stopped beside me at a red light. He was in a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I beat him...lol.

HabsSlappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 09:31 AM
Markovskaya

I saw Max Lapierre in a Ashton on Grand Allée in Québec city 2 weeks ago. I was hellah drunk and the first thing I told him was "Criss que t'es p'ti Max".

The guy is short IRL. But I'm 6'4 so most people seem short to me.

Yet again, he's not a very impressive guy IRL.

Markovskaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 09:53 AM
mvp76

saw Saku at the movies downtown when he was still played here

mvp76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 10:16 AM
Prudentius

Quote:
Originally Posted by xposbrad View Post
I know 3 people who met him, all 3 said he's a ***** in person. One asked for an autograph, didn't even get it, and another guy I know asked for a pic, obviously didn't get it either.

It's the genes.

His daughter hanged at my house once and she was as arrogant and know-it-all as you can be.

Prudentius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AlexCvm

Before I got to meet players for work, I saw Richard Zednik and his G/F on Ste-Catherine, near McGill College.

AlexCvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Megaforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markovskaya View Post
I saw Max Lapierre in a Ashton on Grand Allée in Québec city 2 weeks ago. I was hellah drunk and the first thing I told him was "Criss que t'es p'ti Max".
I said something similar to Mathieu Schneider when I saw him when he was a young Hab. He just turned his back on me.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 10:23 AM
Markovskaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post
I said something similar to Mathieu Schneider when I saw him when he was a young Hab. He just turned his back on me.
Schneider was so small and sawffffttt.

Old
06-08-2010, 12:07 PM
NonoRobot

I saw and talked with Garth Murray 4-5 years ago as he was walking down St., Catherine street. I also saw Guillaume Latendresse at McDonalds in St. Catherine. When I was 9 years old, I met Claude Lemieux. He was doing a promotional event at a Ford dealer. I was too shy to go inside and stayed in the car. My stepfather talked to him and Lemieux came outside, knocked on the car window and invited me inside, no need to say I WAS THRILLED. I also met Yvon Pedneault at Marché des jardiniers in Laprairie.

NonoRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 12:17 PM
McNuts

Man everyone sees Habs players. The only person related to the Habs that I saw was Benoit Brunet in the Vieux-Hull the night before a Habs-Sens game

McNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 12:34 PM
EmelinBOOM74
NHL Managerial Guru

I've only seen the typical NHL players. Saw Eddie Shack signing autographs at a local mall and saw Mark Osborne at a Leafs game last winter.

EmelinBOOM74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 01:28 PM
PierreChampoux

Hello. First post.

Here are my hockey player related stories.

I met Markov a few years ago at the forum. I was waiting for my girlfriend and saw him just walking around. I approached him from behind and whispered "Are you Andrei Markov?". He looked surprised and said that he was. I told him he was my favourite habs player and asked him if he liked Montreal. He replied that he liked it when it snowed. I shook his hand and that was that. From then on, every time it snows I think of Markov.

My sister's elementary teacher was Guy Lafleur's niece and every year he'd come for a visit in the classroom. He'd hand out memorabilia, sign some stuff and sing some songs with the kids.

A friend of mine was Mats Sundin's neighbour when he played for the Nordiques. For his birthday, my friend’s mother asked Sundin if he'd mind coming by to wish her son happy birthday. He showed up in the middle of the party and gave my buddy a signed stick. He stayed around for 15 minutes before leaving.

I also sat next to Patrick Roy at a restaurant in Quebec city a few years ago. He was having supper with what seemed to be the parents of one of his players and was trying to convince them of something. I waved at him and he nodded and smiled back.

PierreChampoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

I meet Mark Bell while he was playing for the 67's.

I saw Max Talbot and some other players last year when I went to watch the last regular season game. He was signing autographs and further up was Mab, iirc. Their hotel was either just down the street, or one block over from me.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 02:08 PM
De Montreal
help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markovskaya View Post

The guy is short IRL. But I'm 6'4 so most people seem short to me.

Yet again, he's not a very impressive guy IRL.
hahhahaha how did he react

De Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 02:26 PM
CastroLeRobot
Hab-a-bouille

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Doing some work on my laptop at Starbucks and Hal Gill walks-in !@

Big man!

Dressed very casual, kept looking around to see if anyone was recognizing him ... not a sole did.

Didn't feel like approaching him, but he looked like pretty relaxed and was dressed in sweat pants and hoodie

Okiedokie !
Was the Starbucks in a fishtank?

CastroLeRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 02:44 PM
Markovskaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
hahhahaha how did he react
Well he got his poutine in the same time and just turned around trying to ignore me and my friends. I'm not sure about the rest but my girlfriend told me she was embarrassed.

Oh btw, I forgot to say that he jumped the huge 3 AM line up and got his poutine before me when I had been waiting for 30 minutes to get mine.

I used to think he was a funny guy but now I know he's just an ass.

Oh and last thing, he was poorly dressed and was eating his Poutine with a unknown dude. I was strongly disappointed by the fact that he was not bringing back 3 of my ex's to his hotel room or something. That’s usually what happens when pro hockey players are in Québec City. (Pleck I’m talking to you here)

Son, I am disappoint.

Old
06-08-2010, 02:57 PM
De Montreal
help

Quote:
Originally Posted by PierreChampoux View Post
Hello. First post.

Here are my hockey player related stories.

I met Markov a few years ago at the forum. I was waiting for my girlfriend and saw him just walking around. I approached him from behind and whispered "Are you Andrei Markov?". He looked surprised and said that he was. I told him he was my favourite habs player and asked him if he liked Montreal. He replied that he liked it when it snowed. I shook his hand and that was that. From then on, every time it snows I think of Markov.
Lovely.

De Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 03:01 PM
frenchyfred

I was in a bar in thetford mines about 10-12 years ago and La Caravane des Canadiens was in town. I met stéphane richer and I remember him being really big... then when they were leaving the bar some drunk guy yelled at benoit brunet (for being an injury-riddled softy):

"Eille Brunet!!! Fais attention en sortant, l'ressort d'la porte y'é raide pas mal!!"

"Hey Brunet!! Be careful while leaving, the door spring is kinda stiff!!!"

I was a bit wasted myself and i started laughing like a fool and brunet looked at me very pissed!!!

Now that was funny...

frenchyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 03:09 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
That's one question id like to ask em, what's the weirdest **** you ever signed?
10 bucks says it involves body parts.

Dutchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 03:17 PM
CastroLeRobot
Hab-a-bouille

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchyfred View Post
I was in a bar in thetford mines about 10-12 years ago and La Caravane des Canadiens was in town. I met stéphane richer and I remember him being really big... then when they were leaving the bar some drunk guy yelled at benoit brunet (for being an injury-riddled softy):

"Eille Brunet!!! Fais attention en sortant, l'ressort d'la porte y'é raide pas mal!!"

I was a bit wasted myself and i started laughing like a fool and brunet looked at me very pissed!!!

Now that was funny...
hahahahaha

That's hillarious

CastroLeRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:

Now that was funny...
lmao

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Max Levine

Quote:

Now that was funny...
Too funny.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 03:47 PM
Max Levine

I was chummy with JF Sauve, who played for the Sabres and the Nordiques, and one summer i asked him what the story was behind his nickname (Tattoo).

During a game brawl, Jerry Korab was on top of Jim Schoenfeld when JF, who was 5'7", jumped on Korab's back trying to hold him off. Korab turned around to see Sauve, then turned back to Schoenfeld and said: "Hey Schoen! Get Tattoo off my back!"

Ze plaaaane, ze plaaaaane

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote