We Have Punch And Pie!!!

Old
06-08-2010, 03:52 PM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinneWildSota View Post
^ She's quite attractive..
Not the armpit smelling one, but the blonde Swiss(I think that's it) curler.

Free hat?

These boards seem much more friendly than the Wild.com ones do.
(I hate LiG with a fiery passion in my loins)
LiG is the classic internet bully who probably makes up for deficiencies in his life by posturing as an expert and tough guy. I'll be he was a bed-wetter as a child. I don't know which is more pathetic/humorous/utterly predictable, one of LiG's "insults" (living in parent's basement, chaachie, got your knowledge of hockey from playing video games, etc.), or the flock of toadies and his wife coming to his defense when you put him in his place. The only punch and pie he deserves is a punch in the pie hole.

Wild.com is dead to me now. We actually talk hockey AND have fun here.

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 03:52 PM
BuddyMcCormick

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceUNO View Post
The same guy who was KillerCarlson? That guy is dreadful.
Yeah. That guy. He's actually gotten worse, believe it or not.

He started a forum so he and his goonies could flame people without being censored.

He just spells winner.

BuddyMcCormick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 09:48 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

vCash: 500
Quote:

He started a forum so he and his goonies could flame people without being censored.

He just spells winner.

- Have you ever seen a picture of that guy?

- and have you ever read his blog? The most long winded game recaps I have eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvvver seen. Its like an AP recap on steroids.

Last edited by GopherState: 06-08-2010 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Link to a censored site
firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 10:39 PM
BuddyMcCormick

vCash: 934
Yes, I have.

I have, he apparently believe the longer your article the smarter or more valid your posts are.

Sorry, I'm just venting. He hates me because I tend to lean towards shorter posts. Who the hell wants to spend 1 hour reading a single post? Not me.

Whoever created Derek_Felcher.... pure genius.

Last edited by GopherState: 06-08-2010 at 11:23 PM. Reason: filter circumvention...or not
BuddyMcCormick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 11:05 PM
Surly Furious

Quote:
- Have you ever seen a picture of that guy?
Yikes. I feel sorry for his students.

Old
06-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Oh man that just made my day Deuce! No wonder he has to challenge everyone to e-fights.

He makes good points but is just such a dick to everyone who has a different OPINION.

And the recaps are pretty brutal...like a play by play of every shift. I just need the high and low points.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 11:31 AM
UMD05
Hobey Baker Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
LiG is the classic internet bully who probably makes up for deficiencies in his life by posturing as an expert and tough guy. I'll be he was a bed-wetter as a child. I don't know which is more pathetic/humorous/utterly predictable, one of LiG's "insults" (living in parent's basement, chaachie, got your knowledge of hockey from playing video games, etc.), or the flock of toadies and his wife coming to his defense when you put him in his place. The only punch and pie he deserves is a punch in the pie hole.

Wild.com is dead to me now. We actually talk hockey AND have fun here.
You mean there's somebody in the Wild circles with a bigger ego than the dude from Hockey Wilderness?

UMD05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 11:33 AM
UMD05
Hobey Baker Champs

Quote:

He just spells winner.
Hmm, a bunch of people who used to post comments on Russo's Rants left for a top secret board when the blog changed formats. Is this his crowd?

Old
06-09-2010, 11:56 AM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMD Bob View Post
You mean there's somebody in the Wild circles with a bigger ego than the dude from Hockey Wilderness?
That's hard to do.

Quote:
Hmm, a bunch of people who used to post comments on Russo's Rants left for a top secret board when the blog changed formats. Is this his crowd?
My guess would be yes. It seems like the present Wild.com and the old Russo's Rants crowd were more about the socializing and camaraderie than anything else. There's nothing wrong with that - in fact, I post on a small hockey board with 15 other intelligent people and it's great. The fact that the board is small and it's a bunch of intelligent posters from around the NHL makes for great discussion and I consider them all to be friends. But there's a time and place for it and personally I feel that's not what the use of the official Wild.com forums (or even HF to an extent) is for.

And I think we hit the point where ragging on someone who doesn't post here has gone on long enough.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Surly Furious

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post

And I think we hit the point where ragging on someone who doesn't post here has gone on long enough.

Old
06-09-2010, 01:26 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
I like Monty Python as much as the next guy, but...

Old
06-09-2010, 03:31 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:

Don't get me wrong here, since I got a blog and really that doesn't make me any different than anyone else, but HW does do a good job, but in my opinion they lean just a little towards the rube side of the equation. Not quite my taste, but if it works for them more power to them...

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 03:41 PM
UMD05
Hobey Baker Champs

Quote:
Don't get me wrong here, since I got a blog and really that doesn't make me any different than anyone else, but HW does do a good job, but in my opinion they lean just a little towards the rube side of the equation. Not quite my taste, but if it works for them more power to them...
Nathan does a good job. I've never had any issues with his stuff. Reynolds lost me (not that he cares, or that it matters) somewhere around his crusade against Detroit's SB Nation blogger. Too arrogant, acronym nicknames annoy me, etc. Reading BubbleWild's stuff makes my eyes bleed. Just one man's opinion though.

Anyway, I recently cut it out of my rotation & mostly hover around Russo's Rants & other sites I find through HFBoards.

Old
06-09-2010, 03:46 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Nathan does a good job. I've never had any issues with his stuff. Reynolds lost me (not that he cares, or that it matters) somewhere around his crusade against Detroit's SB Nation blogger. Too arrogant, acronym nicknames annoy me, etc. Reading BubbleWild's stuff makes my eyes bleed. Just one man's opinion though.

Anyway, I recently cut it out of my rotation & mostly hover around Russo's Rants & other sites I find through HFBoards.
That's what killed it for me. Having a blog is akin to having a soapbox, but I feel like there needs some sort of ethical standard when you represent someone other than yourself and that was over the line.

Old
06-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I could never differentiate different posters on the same blog, it's really annoying.

I did like the anti-Detroit thought, those guys are so whiny, smug, and dismissive of other team's talent that I can't stand to listen to them for five minutes. Although the blogs themselves were really bad.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Kari Takko

I've found the punch and pie. I'll have blueberry.

I decided to do most of my posting over here after getting flamed for proposing a Harding for Clowe or Torrey Mitchell trade. I was trying to think outside the box and I was a little sick of the Patrick Sharp ideas.

It's like a breath of fresh air over here.

Kari Takko is offline   Reply With Quote