HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sens/Ducks

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-06-2010, 11:26 PM
  #26
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 17,503
vCash: 500
7m for a second line center? No thanks.

Would rather have that 7m for the defence

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 10:41 PM
  #27
190Octane
Registered User
 
190Octane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Fullerton, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
So you are telling me u would agree to a trade of spezza for blake, 1st, and Gardner? I don't want any part of Spezza. Too much money for a 2nd line center that is no where to be found when it really matters.
If the Ducks have Spezza on the 2nd line with Ryan, who would other teams put their shutdown lines against? Also, the top 6 of Getzlaf, Perry, Spezza, Ryan, Lupul and ? automatically becomes the best top 6 in the NHL.

190Octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 11:08 PM
  #28
Crowdy
Co-founder, Crowdy
 
Crowdy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orange County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 190Octane View Post
If the Ducks have Spezza on the 2nd line with Ryan, who would other teams put their shutdown lines against? Also, the top 6 of Getzlaf, Perry, Spezza, Ryan, Lupul and ? automatically becomes the best top 6 in the NHL.
Good luck affording Spezza, Getzlaf, Perry, Ryan, and Lupul.

Crowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 11:51 PM
  #29
190Octane
Registered User
 
190Octane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Fullerton, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
Good luck affording Spezza, Getzlaf, Perry, Ryan, and Lupul.
You mean the 7 million of Spezza is more than the 4 million of Blake and 3 million of Koivu?

190Octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 11:53 PM
  #30
S.S. Giggy
RIP 1974-2011
 
S.S. Giggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Getzlaf's Bald Spot
Country: United States
Posts: 1,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 190Octane View Post
You mean the 7 million of Spezza is more than the 4 million of Blake and 3 million of Koivu?
He means 5 years of Spezza at $7 million is worse than Blake at $4 million for 3 years and Koivu for $3 million for 1 year.

S.S. Giggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 05:17 AM
  #31
Talentless Practise*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.S. Giggy View Post
He means 5 years of Spezza at $7 million is worse than Blake at $4 million for 3 years and Koivu for $3 million for 1 year.
He is also very much wrong on that matter.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 08:03 AM
  #32
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr
 
Kalvinators's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Latvia
Country: Latvia
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostly Clueless View Post
He is also very much wrong on that matter.
Are you kidding? I would take Blake for 3 years at 4M$ and Koivu for 1 year at 3M$ rather than Spezza for 5 years and 7M$ any day.

Kalvinators is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 11:03 AM
  #33
Crowdy
Co-founder, Crowdy
 
Crowdy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orange County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 190Octane View Post
You mean the 7 million of Spezza is more than the 4 million of Blake and 3 million of Koivu?
Spezza is signed until 2015/2016. Getzlaf's contract expires in 2013/14. Perry's contact expires in 2013/14. Ryan's new contract will likely be up before 2015/16.

Once again, good luck!

Crowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 03:05 PM
  #34
190Octane
Registered User
 
190Octane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Fullerton, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
Spezza is signed until 2015/2016. Getzlaf's contract expires in 2013/14. Perry's contact expires in 2013/14. Ryan's new contract will likely be up before 2015/16.

Once again, good luck!
I'm sure the salary cap won't change at all in the next 4 years and that Spezza would be impossible to trade if needed.

190Octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 06:44 PM
  #35
S.S. Giggy
RIP 1974-2011
 
S.S. Giggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Getzlaf's Bald Spot
Country: United States
Posts: 1,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 190Octane View Post
I'm sure the salary cap won't change at all in the next 4 years and that Spezza would be impossible to trade if needed.
You'll never know what'll happen in 4 years.

S.S. Giggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 10:12 PM
  #36
Talentless Practise*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
Are you kidding? I would take Blake for 3 years at 4M$ and Koivu for 1 year at 3M$ rather than Spezza for 5 years and 7M$ any day.
Uuh, no. I'm not kidding when i say i'd take a 27 (on Sunday) year old #1 center over the 35+ year olds.

Spezza has had seasons with 90p in 68g, 87p in 67g, 92p in 76g and he hasn't even entered his prime yet. He's ppg in the postseason.

This is ofcourse useless speculation as Blake, 12th and any of our prospects won't be close to getting it done.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 10:18 PM
  #37
S.S. Giggy
RIP 1974-2011
 
S.S. Giggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Getzlaf's Bald Spot
Country: United States
Posts: 1,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostly Clueless View Post
Uuh, no. I'm not kidding when i say i'd take a 27 (on Sunday) year old #1 center over the 35+ year olds.

Spezza has had seasons with 90p in 68g, 87p in 67g, 92p in 76g and he hasn't even entered his prime yet. He's ppg in the postseason.

This is ofcourse useless speculation as Blake, 12th and any of our prospects won't be close to getting it done.
But for a 2nd line center and at that price. I mean, I'm all for taking Spezza but not for $7 million dollars/ year.

S.S. Giggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 10:33 PM
  #38
Talentless Practise*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.S. Giggy View Post
But for a 2nd line center and at that price. I mean, I'm all for taking Spezza but not for $7 million dollars/ year.
He is pricey but in 2 years when Blake's contract would be up and the "cap effect" goes from 3M to 7M the cap will probably be higher. Also, Bobby's extension is the last major re-upping for the next few years.

Perry-Getzlaf-Lupul
Ryan-Spezza-Selanne

Is just too sweet not to ffantasize over.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 10:45 PM
  #39
Paul4587
Moderator
 
Paul4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 14,141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.S. Giggy View Post
But for a 2nd line center and at that price. I mean, I'm all for taking Spezza but not for $7 million dollars/ year.
He wouldn't really be a second line centre though, more like a 1b centre. Not unlike Crosby/Malkin (not saying Spezza is as good as Malkin but it's the same principle).

I'd consider it so long as the Sens aren't expecting too much and will take salary going the other way. We don't really make a good trading partner as they would likely want a top 6 centre in return, something we don't have other than Getzlaf.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.