HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Albany @ Providence 3/13/05

Closed Thread

Old
03-13-2005, 06:12 PM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Albany @ Providence 3/13/05

Providence wins 3-2 after what sounded like a pathetic offensive performance by the Rats as they finished with a measly 14 shots on goal; both their goals were powerplay goals by Nittel (bringing him to 19 goals in 34 games) in the third after the Bruins were forced to put in their backup following a brawl that got both starting goaltenders tossed from the game. That's right...Ari got into another fight. And unlike the first time, this time it sounded like it was on purpose; he came out and met Chris Madden at center ice. Sounded like more of a wrestling match than an actual fight, but Ahonen is now up to 42PIMs..only one shy of Ray Emery's 43 this year.
http://www.pointstreak.com/framed/pr...?gameid=192876

Old
03-13-2005, 06:38 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratsgirl
Providence wins 3-2 after what sounded like a pathetic offensive performance by the Rats as they finished with a measly 14 shots on goal; both their goals were powerplay goals by Nittel (bringing him to 19 goals in 34 games) in the third after the Bruins were forced to put in their backup following a brawl that got both starting goaltenders tossed from the game. That's right...Ari got into another fight. And unlike the first time, this time it sounded like it was on purpose; he came out and met Chris Madden at center ice. Sounded like more of a wrestling match than an actual fight, but Ahonen is now up to 42PIMs..only one shy of Ray Emery's 43 this year.
Nittel is the type of player I think New Jersey should try on the 4th line when hockey resumes. Give him little even strength time and let him go loose on the power play.

New Jersey needs to draft some defensmen, our blueline in Albany is pathetic. Ahonen will never develop in this type of enviroment.

Old
03-13-2005, 06:51 PM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

Yep, I certainly wish we would draft some quality defensemen. With what's currently in the system, I really can't see how Albany can be expected to perform much better next year. And with the AHL lowering their veteran quota next season we won't really have the option of stocking the blueline with vets either.

Old
03-13-2005, 07:42 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac
Nittel is the type of player I think New Jersey should try on the 4th line when hockey resumes. Give him little even strength time and let him go loose on the power play.

New Jersey needs to draft some defensmen, our blueline in Albany is pathetic. Ahonen will never develop in this type of enviroment.
Nittel is almost scoring a goal every two games.....Imagine what his totals would be at had he not missed so much time early on recovering from mono. He is defintely shooting the lights out is quickly rising past other Devils prospects such as Pihlman and Tallackson....quick question for Ratsgirl.....has Pihlman been playing a little better as of late? I've noticed him on the scoresheet more than earlier on in the season.....

And yes, the Devils absolutely need to add some bluechip blueline prospects to the system.....Ahonen and Clemmensen are under seige every single night. At least we know Ahonen can fight....who needs Oliwa when we've got a goon in training in Ahonen .....DeMarchi is the only player in the AHL who likely will ever have any impact at the NHL level, and he won't be more than a #5 or #6.....The system is bare of quality d-men in the AHL, and there isn't much help on the way.....I think it's time Conte goes back to the NCAA route to find another bluechipper on the backline, ala Paul Martin or David Hale......

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Old
03-13-2005, 11:07 PM
Strong Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac
I agree. A much more reasonable solution to our powerplay problem than "Friesen at the point" eh Stan?

Old
03-17-2005, 02:38 PM
cdnconnection

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratsgirl
Ahonen better get his fighting skills in place,cause judging by his past 4 seasons as a goalie, it may be his next proffesion! No doupt he has less then stellar defence,but he does not appear to be the number one draft choics of any NHL team. His stats are terrible.
I heard that Madden actually got the better of the brawl as well?
Luongo was a number one draft pick too,and another disappoitment in the big show!
Seems the scouts hate to admit thier mistakes and just keep hoping!
Send Ahonen down to the ECHL and bring up someone more productive.

Old
03-17-2005, 03:33 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnconnection
Ahonen better get his fighting skills in place,cause judging by his past 4 seasons as a goalie, it may be his next proffesion! No doupt he has less then stellar defence,but he does not appear to be the number one draft choics of any NHL team. His stats are terrible.
Luongo was a number one draft pick too,and another disappoitment in the big show!
I'm sure that would do wonders for his confidence .....Do you actually think that bringing in someone else to play in Albany is going to help? Ahonen has off games, but that's no reason to send him to the ECHL......

Old
03-17-2005, 06:59 PM
Blackjack

Quote:
What the hell are you talking about? Luongo is one of the best goalies in the league.

Old
03-17-2005, 07:44 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Yea lets call up Kostur so we can get 10 goals scored against. You don't know how poor our defense is and when Ahonen is on I would take him over all but two goaltenders in the AHL.

Closed Thread