HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Skate conversion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-10-2010, 10:29 PM
  #1
SeanL44
Welcome to Hellbow
 
SeanL44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,270
vCash: 500
Skate conversion

Hey fellas,

I have an old pair of Nike One90s (just got one95s a couple months ago) that I was looking to convert into rollers. Has anyone done this before? Should I be taking to a local hockey shop for some professionals to do it or can I do it myself?

I was going to add these suckers to em:

http://www.rollerhockeymonkey.com/mi...assis-set.html

Hey thanks guys!

SeanL44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 10:39 PM
  #2
adaminnj
Leafs out = SPRING!
 
adaminnj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 683
vCash: 2466
do it! I did it with some older ccm tacks and I love the skates. The guys at the shop where I skate did it for me and they are amazing.

Getting the alignment right can be tricky and the shop might have to drill a hole or 2 to get it right but it's worth it. MHO

adaminnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 10:46 PM
  #3
SeanL44
Welcome to Hellbow
 
SeanL44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adaminnj View Post
do it! I did it with some older ccm tacks and I love the skates. The guys at the shop where I skate did it for me and they are amazing.

Getting the alignment right can be tricky and the shop might have to drill a hole or 2 to get it right but it's worth it. MHO

Awesome, thanks dude!

SeanL44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 11:11 PM
  #4
Socastee09
Registered User
 
Socastee09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC
Country: United States
Posts: 65
vCash: 500
random, but what size were the holders? and would you be willing to sell them?

Socastee09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 11:31 PM
  #5
SeanL44
Welcome to Hellbow
 
SeanL44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socastee09 View Post
random, but what size were the holders? and would you be willing to sell them?
The clear blue ones?

I have a size 10 boot but I know that people are offering a lot of money for the clear blue runners for some reason.. i know at least at my open they are

SeanL44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2010, 02:51 AM
  #6
TBLfan
Registered User
 
TBLfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,148
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TBLfan
If you decide to go with Sprungs, contact Keith and he'll mount them for you. I think with shipping, new chassis and mounting it comes out to under $90. Keith also does a wonderful job at handling any issues you might have with the hardware.

TBLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2010, 10:06 AM
  #7
Socastee09
Registered User
 
Socastee09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC
Country: United States
Posts: 65
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanL44 View Post
The clear blue ones?

I have a size 10 boot but I know that people are offering a lot of money for the clear blue runners for some reason.. i know at least at my open they are
do you know what size the holders are? should say it around your heel area on the surface mounted to the boot by the rivets.

Socastee09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2010, 10:42 AM
  #8
TinofGrizz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 81
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLfan View Post
If you decide to go with Sprungs, contact Keith and he'll mount them for you. I think with shipping, new chassis and mounting it comes out to under $90. Keith also does a wonderful job at handling any issues you might have with the hardware.
My Sprungs broke last night TORHS regionals start today in about 10 hours for me, I'm in trouble... Don't get be wrong I absolutely love the frame but I have no idea what I am going to do...

TinofGrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2010, 12:08 PM
  #9
Socastee09
Registered User
 
Socastee09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC
Country: United States
Posts: 65
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinofGrizz View Post
My Sprungs broke last night TORHS regionals start today in about 10 hours for me, I'm in trouble... Don't get be wrong I absolutely love the frame but I have no idea what I am going to do...
either find a shop that will put some new frames on or try to get some replacement parts at a lhs that has them if there even is one near you. or if all else fails a new pair of skates all together.

Socastee09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.