HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

BJ Crombeen

Old
06-05-2010, 11:01 PM
g3ryder

vCash: 500
BJ Crombeen

What do you guys think of him? He seems like a great 4th line guy, who can play a physical game and also contribute on the PK. Do you see him as anything more than that going forward?

Last edited by g3ryder: 06-05-2010 at 11:28 PM.
g3ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 11:09 PM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by g3ryder View Post
What do you guys think of him? He seems like a great 4th line guy, who can play a physical game and also contribute on the PK. Do you see him as anything more than going forward?
Personally not really, he seems to be doing good in his checking, defending, and fighting job. So unless a new team acquired him and tried to lean on him offensively to see if he can actually put up some consistent scoring he'll stay in his current successful role.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 11:56 PM
ChicagoBlues

As Crombeen matures his "hockey IQ" increases. He can better match with his new-found on-ice awareness his excellent skating ability, so that he rarely is caught out of position. In other words, he can use his smarts to go along with already-awesome skating.

ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 01:01 AM
Robb_K

I think he has the natural talent to improve his offence as well. I think he can be a 15 goal 30-35 point 2-way player during his peak years (and that would be pretty good for spending a lot of minutes on the PK, none on the PP, and playing on the 3rd and 4th lines.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 01:40 AM
rumrokh
Jake the Snake Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyesinBlue View Post
So unless a new team acquired him and tried to lean on him offensively to see if he can actually put up some consistent scoring he'll stay in his current successful role.
While I agree that he's probably not going to really break out offensively, I disagree with this. He definitely has more finish than he showed in 09-10, but I think he just needs to mature. More importantly, the team needs to mature. Crombeen is a guy who will prove himself to be even more valuable on a team that is deep and consistent. Leaning on him offensively probably wouldn't do much good.

Is he truly part of the core? Not really. But I wouldn't say he's disposable exactly; because guys with his speed, hitting, defense, and ability to chip in a surprising goal are not as common as a lot of people would have you believe. Especially at his age.

So, even though it's far from his primary attribute and role, I think his scoring will probably pick back up. But, honestly, I hope he drops his penchant for taking stupid penalties first.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 11:07 AM
STL fan in IA

Once he rounds out his game a bit more (the kid's still only 24) I would expect in the neighborhood of 20-25 pts/season from him. He's not likely going to be much of a scorer but that's not his primary role anyway. He's a solid 4th liner who can chip in an occasional goal here and there. Teams need players like that on their 4th lines to be successful.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 08:31 PM
execwrite

Crombeen and McClement could be the anchors of the fourth line for a lot of years. Not bad to have valuable guys there.

execwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 10:40 PM
PJ StockBB

i am glad this thread already exists, as bruins fan i love what crombeen brings every night and i would love to have him on our fourth line.

obviously i realize you like him as well so i understand that the proposal would have to be something substantial.

would something around hunwick or paille plus a mid round prospect and pick work?

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2010, 07:38 AM
The Grouch
Enraged

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ StockBB View Post
i am glad this thread already exists, as bruins fan i love what crombeen brings every night and i would love to have him on our fourth line.

obviously i realize you like him as well so i understand that the proposal would have to be something substantial.

would something around hunwick or paille plus a mid round prospect and pick work?

The Blues are deep with young defensive players so I wouldn't consider moving him for Hunwick. Paille looks like he could have a decent offensive upside, but at this point he probably wouldn't be able to beat out St. Louis' top 9 wingers, and I would rather have Crombeen over Paille on the fourth line. It's not like Crombeen is untouchable, but I don't see the Blues moving him for one of those two players.

The Grouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2010, 12:11 PM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grouch View Post
The Blues are deep with young defensive players so I wouldn't consider moving him for Hunwick. Paille looks like he could have a decent offensive upside, but at this point he probably wouldn't be able to beat out St. Louis' top 9 wingers, and I would rather have Crombeen over Paille on the fourth line. It's not like Crombeen is untouchable, but I don't see the Blues moving him for one of those two players.
thanks for the response, i figured one of those guys would probably not interest you guys.

i saw another Bruins fan on here make a proposal to send mike ryder here and a 5th round pick for your 7th round pick. a lot of Blues fans did not seem to opposed to that because ryder has goal scoring ability and only has one year left on his deal.

so maybe if we upgraded that pick, and maybe added a solid prospect like marchand/sobotka or whomever maybe that would be fair value for crombeen?

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote