HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Waiver Draft (who to protect?)

Closed Thread

Old
09-30-2003, 11:04 AM
Marchy79

vCash: 500
Waiver Draft (who to protect?)

Hey guys, it's coming down to the wire of the Pre Season... who is/is not on your lists???

Here's mine.

Center
Koivu - Protected
Ribeiro - Protected
Perrault - Protected
Kilger - Protected
Juneau - Protected
Gratton - Unprotected

Left Wing
Bulis - Protected
Sundstrom - Protected
Dagenais - Unprotected
Blouin - Unprotected
Dwyer - Unprotected

Right Wing
Audette - Protected
Zednik - Protected
Ward - Protected
Dackell - Unprotected
Ryder - Protected

Left Defence
Markov - Protected
Souray - Protected
Bouillon - Protected
Dykhuis - Unprotected
Traverse - Unprotected

Right Defence
Rivet -Protected
Brisebois - Protected
Quintal - Protected
Beauchemin - Protected

Goaltender
Theodore - Protected
Garon - Protected
Damphousse - Unprotected
Fichaud - Unprotected

Safe list (no need for protection yet...): (LW) Hossa, Plekanek, Marois, Stewart, Bonneau, Staal, Eneqvist, Kastsitsyn. (C) Higgins, Larrivee, Urquhart, Lapierre, Lambert, Locke, Deveaux, Selig. (RW) Perezhogin, Balej, Ferland, Milroy, Thinel, Buturlin, Anger. (LD) Hainsey, Shasby, Korneev, Korpikari. (RD) Komisarek, Archer, Flood, Linhart, O'Byrne, Glenn, (G) Michaud, Puurula, Tarasov, Heino-Lindberg, Halak

Old
09-30-2003, 11:07 AM
Lewis63

we can protect 18 players and 2 goalies?

if so then your list sounds about right

maybe unprotect juneau if BG decides to take a player in the draft

Old
09-30-2003, 11:20 AM
Marchy79

Ya Im pretty sure it's 18 players, 2 goalies...
If a good Left defenceman is available at our pick, I pick him up and unprotect Bouillon. (I think St. Bo's gonna get us something).

I also think JF Damphousse will be picked up, and maybe Dackell/Dykhuis.

Old
09-30-2003, 11:42 AM
Highlander

I'd unprotect Juneau, and protect Dykhuis. He had on off-year last season, but when used properly, he can be an effective #3 - #5 dman. Two years ago he was one of the Habs' best dmen, and may still have some trade potential at the deadline for a team looking for depth. I have more concerns and questions with our d-corps than with the forwards.

Old
09-30-2003, 12:07 PM
DEBASER

just a question - is a team allowed to protect LESS than the 18 players/2goalies? because there are a few players on this team that i would love another team to pick up - audette being first on the list. i'd rather protect dwyer than him - no team is likely to pick him up because of his salary, but it would be great if we could clear 3 mil from our payroll while simultaneously dump a small one-dimentional player.

perhaps use this saved money to sign primeau next offseason?

Old
09-30-2003, 12:20 PM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEBASER
just a question - is a team allowed to protect LESS than the 18 players/2goalies? because there are a few players on this team that i would love another team to pick up - audette being first on the list. i'd rather protect dwyer than him - no team is likely to pick him up because of his salary, but it would be great if we could clear 3 mil from our payroll while simultaneously dump a small one-dimentional player.

perhaps use this saved money to sign primeau next offseason?
We're fighting to score a goal and you'd want to go and dump one of the - very - few that proved he could do it in his career?

I dislike Audette, too, but we, sadly, need him, for now.

Old
09-30-2003, 12:32 PM
SuperUnknown

We don't need to worry about the waiver draft. I think that if we could only protect 11 players and 2 goalies we wouldn't have anyone picked up.

Old
09-30-2003, 12:43 PM
RichardZednik#20

Maybe Unprotect Juneau and protecte Damphousse in nets. If the rumor about Garon to philly is true and we lose Damphousse, we have a problem. Dyklhuis should not be protected beause we already have our 6 d-man. Unless Komisarek gets cut or send back just like Hainsey last year, witch sadly would not suprise me. Thats just Montreal.

Old
09-30-2003, 12:54 PM
Corey

I don't think you're allowed to protect 3 goaltenders.

As to unprotecting players you want to lose, it's easy. Suppose you would like to expose Dykhuis, for example. You add a player to your protected list who would be eligible for the draft but you know no one would draft, such as Blouin. You then leave Dykhuis unprotected.

Old
09-30-2003, 01:08 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1
Hey guys, it's coming down to the wire of the Pre Season... who is/is not on your lists???

Here's mine.

Center
Koivu - Protected
Ribeiro - Protected
Perrault - Protected
Kilger - Protected
Juneau - Protected
Gratton - Unprotected

Left Wing
Bulis - Protected
Sundstrom - Protected
Dagenais - Unprotected
Blouin - Unprotected
Dwyer - Unprotected

Right Wing
Audette - Protected
Zednik - Protected
Ward - Protected
Dackell - Unprotected
Ryder - Protected

Left Defence
Markov - Protected
Souray - Protected
Bouillon - Protected
Dykhuis - Unprotected
Traverse - Unprotected

Right Defence
Rivet -Protected
Brisebois - Protected
Quintal - Protected
Beauchemin - Protected

Goaltender
Theodore - Protected
Garon - Protected
Damphousse - Unprotected
Fichaud - Unprotected

Safe list (no need for protection yet...): (LW) Hossa, Plekanek, Marois, Stewart, Bonneau, Staal, Eneqvist, Kastsitsyn. (C) Higgins, Larrivee, Urquhart, Lapierre, Lambert, Locke, Deveaux, Selig. (RW) Perezhogin, Balej, Ferland, Milroy, Thinel, Buturlin, Anger. (LD) Hainsey, Shasby, Korneev, Korpikari. (RD) Komisarek, Archer, Flood, Linhart, O'Byrne, Glenn, (G) Michaud, Puurula, Tarasov, Heino-Lindberg, Halak
Why the heck would you want to protect Audette and Bouillion over a bag of pucks is beyond me.Audette is overpaid and under productive and Bouillion will never take a regular shift on a full time basis in Montreal or anywhere else in the NHL. You know no one will touch Audette...he passed waivers last year. So why not expose him and if we loose him who cares, he brought and brings nothing to table night in and night out! As far as Bouillion goes he works hard and has a decent shot and speed but end result is he's the same size as Petrov or close to it! Would you let Petrov play defence? I didn't think so!

Old
09-30-2003, 01:14 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund
Why the heck would you want to protect Audette and Bouillion over Audette
I'd protect Audette over Audette because Audette is simply a superior player.

Seriously, why not protect Audette? Who will pick him up? The Habs could use his scoring, and alienating/embarrassing one of your teams' veterans and top scorers is not the way to treat employees. His confidence may be hurt as a result.

No one will pick up Audette off waivers, so why bother going through that ordeal? To save a Dackell or Bouillon? The Habs don't need either of those players. Audette may prove to be of some value if he regains his previous form.

Old
09-30-2003, 01:15 PM
Brisebois

Send a message via AIM to Brisebois
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardZednik#20
Maybe Unprotect Juneau and protecte Damphousse in nets. If the rumor about Garon to philly is true and we lose Damphousse, we have a problem. Dyklhuis should not be protected beause we already have our 6 d-man. Unless Komisarek gets cut or send back just like Hainsey last year, witch sadly would not suprise me. Thats just Montreal.
You forget 2 things.

A = We have Fichaud as well... he could probably still do an OK job as an NHL backup.

B = Part of the trade rumour was that we recieved Robert Esche who would easily fill Garon's spot.

Old
09-30-2003, 01:34 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund
Why the heck would you want to protect Audette and Bouillion over Audette is overpaid and under productive and Bouillion will never take a regular shift on a full time basis in Montreal or anywhere else in the NHL. You know no one will touch Audette...he passed waivers last year. So why not expose him and if we loose him who cares, he brought and brings nothing to table night in and night out! As far as Bouillion goes he works hard and has a decent shot and speed but end result is he's the same size as Petrov or close to it! Would you let Petrov play defence? I didn't think so!
Audette, I would protect to keep integrity to other Veterans around the league (they REALLY frown upon organizations who release vets) as well as the distinct possibility that Donald Audette can post 25-30 goals this upcoming seasons.
As for Bouillon, he has a lot of chemistry with Komisarek, ans would succeed in a 6th D man role on this club, with his speed and tenacity.
Personally, I really liked what I saw out of Bouillon at the end of last year.

Old
09-30-2003, 01:48 PM
Habs

May as well leave Audette unprotected. No other team would possibly pick him, or his salary up.

Old
09-30-2003, 04:39 PM
crakced

Aren't Beachemin and Ryder exempt from the waiver draft...they only have to go through waivers if they are sent to the minors after the season starts if I remember correctly (same thing as Ward last year).

Also, you do protect Audette because otherwise he will ***** and pout. Sending him to the minors didn't work....so leaving him unprotected isn't going to motivate him either.

Closed Thread