HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Waiver Draft (who to protect?)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-30-2003, 11:04 AM
  #1
Marchy79
Registered User
 
Marchy79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Barrie
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Waiver Draft (who to protect?)

Hey guys, it's coming down to the wire of the Pre Season... who is/is not on your lists???

Here's mine.

Center
Koivu - Protected
Ribeiro - Protected
Perrault - Protected
Kilger - Protected
Juneau - Protected
Gratton - Unprotected

Left Wing
Bulis - Protected
Sundstrom - Protected
Dagenais - Unprotected
Blouin - Unprotected
Dwyer - Unprotected

Right Wing
Audette - Protected
Zednik - Protected
Ward - Protected
Dackell - Unprotected
Ryder - Protected

Left Defence
Markov - Protected
Souray - Protected
Bouillon - Protected
Dykhuis - Unprotected
Traverse - Unprotected

Right Defence
Rivet -Protected
Brisebois - Protected
Quintal - Protected
Beauchemin - Protected

Goaltender
Theodore - Protected
Garon - Protected
Damphousse - Unprotected
Fichaud - Unprotected

Safe list (no need for protection yet...): (LW) Hossa, Plekanek, Marois, Stewart, Bonneau, Staal, Eneqvist, Kastsitsyn. (C) Higgins, Larrivee, Urquhart, Lapierre, Lambert, Locke, Deveaux, Selig. (RW) Perezhogin, Balej, Ferland, Milroy, Thinel, Buturlin, Anger. (LD) Hainsey, Shasby, Korneev, Korpikari. (RD) Komisarek, Archer, Flood, Linhart, O'Byrne, Glenn, (G) Michaud, Puurula, Tarasov, Heino-Lindberg, Halak

Marchy79 is offline  
Old
09-30-2003, 11:07 AM
  #2
Lewis63
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: A stick lenght away
Country: Canada
Posts: 630
vCash: 500
we can protect 18 players and 2 goalies?

if so then your list sounds about right

maybe unprotect juneau if BG decides to take a player in the draft

Lewis63 is offline  
Old
09-30-2003, 11:20 AM
  #3
Marchy79
Registered User
 
Marchy79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Barrie
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Ya Im pretty sure it's 18 players, 2 goalies...
If a good Left defenceman is available at our pick, I pick him up and unprotect Bouillon. (I think St. Bo's gonna get us something).

I also think JF Damphousse will be picked up, and maybe Dackell/Dykhuis.

Marchy79 is offline  
Old
09-30-2003, 11:42 AM
  #4
Highlander
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Some place cold.....
Country: Canada
Posts: 324
vCash: 500
I'd unprotect Juneau, and protect Dykhuis. He had on off-year last season, but when used properly, he can be an effective #3 - #5 dman. Two years ago he was one of the Habs' best dmen, and may still have some trade potential at the deadline for a team looking for depth. I have more concerns and questions with our d-corps than with the forwards.

Highlander is offline  
Old
09-30-2003, 12:07 PM
  #5
DEBASER
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 276
vCash: 500
just a question - is a team allowed to protect LESS than the 18 players/2goalies? because there are a few players on this team that i would love another team to pick up - audette being first on the list. i'd rather protect dwyer than him - no team is likely to pick him up because of his salary, but it would be great if we could clear 3 mil from our payroll while simultaneously dump a small one-dimentional player.

perhaps use this saved money to sign primeau next offseason?

DEBASER is offline  
Old
09-30-2003, 12:20 PM
  #6
KILLger
Registered User
 
KILLger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,667
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEBASER
just a question - is a team allowed to protect LESS than the 18 players/2goalies? because there are a few players on this team that i would love another team to pick up - audette being first on the list. i'd rather protect dwyer than him - no team is likely to pick him up because of his salary, but it would be great if we could clear 3 mil from our payroll while simultaneously dump a small one-dimentional player.

perhaps use this saved money to sign primeau next offseason?
We're fighting to score a goal and you'd want to go and dump one of the - very - few that proved he could do it in his career?

I dislike Audette, too, but we, sadly, need him, for now.

KILLger is offline  
Old
09-30-2003, 12:32 PM
  #7
SuperUnknown
Registered User
 
SuperUnknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 4,515
vCash: 500
We don't need to worry about the waiver draft. I think that if we could only protect 11 players and 2 goalies we wouldn't have anyone picked up.

SuperUnknown is offline  
Old
09-30-2003, 12:43 PM
  #8
RichardZednik#20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 862
vCash: 500
Maybe Unprotect Juneau and protecte Damphousse in nets. If the rumor about Garon to philly is true and we lose Damphousse, we have a problem. Dyklhuis should not be protected beause we already have our 6 d-man. Unless Komisarek gets cut or send back just like Hainsey last year, witch sadly would not suprise me. Thats just Montreal.

RichardZednik#20 is offline  
Old
09-30-2003, 12:54 PM
  #9
Corey
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
I don't think you're allowed to protect 3 goaltenders.

As to unprotecting players you want to lose, it's easy. Suppose you would like to expose Dykhuis, for example. You add a player to your protected list who would be eligible for the draft but you know no one would draft, such as Blouin. You then leave Dykhuis unprotected.

Corey is offline  
Old
09-30-2003, 01:08 PM
  #10
Mats NAslund
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,156
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1
Hey guys, it's coming down to the wire of the Pre Season... who is/is not on your lists???

Here's mine.

Center
Koivu - Protected
Ribeiro - Protected
Perrault - Protected
Kilger - Protected
Juneau - Protected
Gratton - Unprotected

Left Wing
Bulis - Protected
Sundstrom - Protected
Dagenais - Unprotected
Blouin - Unprotected
Dwyer - Unprotected

Right Wing
Audette - Protected
Zednik - Protected
Ward - Protected
Dackell - Unprotected
Ryder - Protected

Left Defence
Markov - Protected
Souray - Protected
Bouillon - Protected
Dykhuis - Unprotected
Traverse - Unprotected

Right Defence
Rivet -Protected
Brisebois - Protected
Quintal - Protected
Beauchemin - Protected

Goaltender
Theodore - Protected
Garon - Protected
Damphousse - Unprotected
Fichaud - Unprotected

Safe list (no need for protection yet...): (LW) Hossa, Plekanek, Marois, Stewart, Bonneau, Staal, Eneqvist, Kastsitsyn. (C) Higgins, Larrivee, Urquhart, Lapierre, Lambert, Locke, Deveaux, Selig. (RW) Perezhogin, Balej, Ferland, Milroy, Thinel, Buturlin, Anger. (LD) Hainsey, Shasby, Korneev, Korpikari. (RD) Komisarek, Archer, Flood, Linhart, O'Byrne, Glenn, (G) Michaud, Puurula, Tarasov, Heino-Lindberg, Halak
Why the heck would you want to protect Audette and Bouillion over a bag of pucks is beyond me.Audette is overpaid and under productive and Bouillion will never take a regular shift on a full time basis in Montreal or anywhere else in the NHL. You know no one will touch Audette...he passed waivers last year. So why not expose him and if we loose him who cares, he brought and brings nothing to table night in and night out! As far as Bouillion goes he works hard and has a decent shot and speed but end result is he's the same size as Petrov or close to it! Would you let Petrov play defence? I didn't think so!

Mats NAslund is offline  
Old
09-30-2003, 01:14 PM
  #11
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund
Why the heck would you want to protect Audette and Bouillion over Audette
I'd protect Audette over Audette because Audette is simply a superior player.

Seriously, why not protect Audette? Who will pick him up? The Habs could use his scoring, and alienating/embarrassing one of your teams' veterans and top scorers is not the way to treat employees. His confidence may be hurt as a result.

No one will pick up Audette off waivers, so why bother going through that ordeal? To save a Dackell or Bouillon? The Habs don't need either of those players. Audette may prove to be of some value if he regains his previous form.

Mike8 is offline  
Old
09-30-2003, 01:15 PM
  #12
Brisebois
Registered User
 
Brisebois's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Feeding Johan Sedin
Posts: 2,524
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Brisebois
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardZednik#20
Maybe Unprotect Juneau and protecte Damphousse in nets. If the rumor about Garon to philly is true and we lose Damphousse, we have a problem. Dyklhuis should not be protected beause we already have our 6 d-man. Unless Komisarek gets cut or send back just like Hainsey last year, witch sadly would not suprise me. Thats just Montreal.
You forget 2 things.

A = We have Fichaud as well... he could probably still do an OK job as an NHL backup.

B = Part of the trade rumour was that we recieved Robert Esche who would easily fill Garon's spot.

Brisebois is offline  
Old
09-30-2003, 01:34 PM
  #13
Marchy79
Registered User
 
Marchy79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Barrie
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund
Why the heck would you want to protect Audette and Bouillion over Audette is overpaid and under productive and Bouillion will never take a regular shift on a full time basis in Montreal or anywhere else in the NHL. You know no one will touch Audette...he passed waivers last year. So why not expose him and if we loose him who cares, he brought and brings nothing to table night in and night out! As far as Bouillion goes he works hard and has a decent shot and speed but end result is he's the same size as Petrov or close to it! Would you let Petrov play defence? I didn't think so!
Audette, I would protect to keep integrity to other Veterans around the league (they REALLY frown upon organizations who release vets) as well as the distinct possibility that Donald Audette can post 25-30 goals this upcoming seasons.
As for Bouillon, he has a lot of chemistry with Komisarek, ans would succeed in a 6th D man role on this club, with his speed and tenacity.
Personally, I really liked what I saw out of Bouillon at the end of last year.

Marchy79 is offline  
Old
09-30-2003, 01:48 PM
  #14
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,294
vCash: 500
May as well leave Audette unprotected. No other team would possibly pick him, or his salary up.

Habs is offline  
Old
09-30-2003, 04:39 PM
  #15
crakced
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Saskatoon
Posts: 269
vCash: 500
Aren't Beachemin and Ryder exempt from the waiver draft...they only have to go through waivers if they are sent to the minors after the season starts if I remember correctly (same thing as Ward last year).

Also, you do protect Audette because otherwise he will ***** and pout. Sending him to the minors didn't work....so leaving him unprotected isn't going to motivate him either.

crakced is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.