HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumor: Grabovsky to Dynamo

Closed Thread

Old
03-18-2005, 01:04 AM
Kaizer

vCash: 500
Rumor: Grabovsky to Dynamo

From dreams about Perezhogin at WC to reality

Few interesting quotes from last articles about Dynamo-Neftekhimk series:

From 16.03.05 : http://metallurg.ru/news/16172/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krikunov
We played very hard with "Neftekhimik" in the regular championship as both teams show one hockey and play in a similar manner. Leaving "Neftekhimik" last year, I promised, that I shall not ask any players from "Nefktekhimik" to join Dynamo. I did it. But in a following season a few players of "Neftekhimik" will join "Dynamo". A surname while I shall tell only one - I am very interested in 20-years Grabovsky's services, the best forward of Neftekhimik.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabovsky
There is no difference to us whom to play. There is no fear against "Dynamo". Moscow it is known well, there we go not on excursion. We shall fight and prove, that we cost something too as, for example, we did it last year with "Magnitogorsk".
From 18.03.05 http://metallurg.ru/news/16190/ Interview with Krikunov.
Q: Two days ago on press conference you have informed , that since a next season in "Dynamo" there will be at least one of players of your former team and forthcoming playoff oposite team - forward Michael Grabovsky. Why have decided to make this news public right now, before a series with Neftekhimik?
A: Because you have asked a concrete question. I have answered, that, leaving Neftekhimik, did not wish to destroy that has had time to construct, and to take away with myself hockey players. But since a following season Grabovsky whom contract with club comes to an end and ,possibly, some more persons will join Dynamo.

And now the bomb !!!.
From 18.03.05 http://metallurg.ru/news/16191/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krikunov
It is sport! "Neftekhimik" in fact beat not only us, but also other leaders with stars. Neftekhimik are especially dangerous in attack. For example, Grabovsky with whom we have agreed about signing to the future season in "Dynamo" ...

Last edited by Kaizer: 03-18-2005 at 06:03 AM.
Old
03-18-2005, 07:35 AM

Thanks for the links Kaizer...just a quick question, I took from your post that you had some type of information which would confirm Perezhogin at the WC, but I didin't see anything, do yo have any news on that ?

Old
03-18-2005, 08:22 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Damn, and I thought we might see Grabovsky in Hamilton next year playing with Kostitsyn. Oh well.

Old
03-18-2005, 08:44 AM
AH

At this point I really do wonder if any of the long shot European prospects for any team will ever come over to NA. From a Habs perspective, guys like Grabovsky and Korneev and Yemelin are still considered long shots to make the NHL. I doubt they would give up guaranteed 200K/300K contracts to play in Russia for a paltry 75K to play in Hamilton for a couple of years. It's not only the income loss, but would they be able to make up for lost time and money once they head back to Russia.

With the new CBA and hard cap coming in, its these guys (the middle to lower pack European) that will be the first casualties. They would probably be able to make more money by just continuing to play in Europe and cement their spots there as opposed to being run-of-the-mill types in NA.

I see more the Bashkirov / Streit types that would try their luck in NA. They are older and more established. If they make the NHL, fine, if not they can just head back to whereever they came from and pick up where they left off. For younger guys it may be more difficult to make that decision.

Its different for guys like Perezhogin, who is pretty much guaranteed a chance to play in the NHL and has an NHL sized contract to fall back on.

JMO.

Old
03-18-2005, 08:54 AM
markov`

At this point, Grabovsky looks like a big steal to me.

Maybe he will never make anything in the NHL, but people aroudn the league are already calling him the best forward on his team... in the best league in the world imo...

Old
03-18-2005, 08:55 AM
Kaizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Thanks for the links Kaizer...just a quick question, I took from your post that you had some type of information which would confirm Perezhogin at the WC, but I didin't see anything, do yo have any news on that ?
I haven't any info, sorry.

Old
03-18-2005, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizer
I haven't any info, sorry.
Thanks anyways, keep us posted if you hear anything

Old
03-18-2005, 11:57 AM
BORAT

The Great Thing about Grabovsky is that he plays well within a system, he has proved that this year in The RSL, Nefthemik plays an extremely offense oriented game and Grabovsky fits in well. Now the problem in North America is not just contract oriented, it's also Defense oriented.
Kostsitsyn is seeing it this year, where he has beasically been forced into becoming a two way player,

believe me if he had the chance, Kostsitsyn would rather be in the RSL right now than battling it out with a Hamilton coach obsesed with Defense and a poor supporting cast due to injuries.

Grabovsky is an amazing player from the little Highlights I have seen and from what I hear here.

but these are different days, players will give up going to the NHL, just to play in a more offensive Europe where they can rack up points and Money ( 300 000 K, appartment and car included ?? sounds good to me )

Closed Thread