HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

pay attention bettman!

Old
06-11-2010, 10:30 AM
captainpaxil

vCash: 500
pay attention bettman!

i was reading this article and the phrase "brand as family" immediately made me think of the flyers. http://www.overthinkingit.com/2010/0...-value-part-2/

when you combine this with the success of teh recent "history will be made" adds http://www.canada.com/history+making/3113684/story.html could we be seeing the switch to a more fan driven as opposed to star driven marketing scheme for the nhl?

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2010, 10:36 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

The league is going to continue to promote Sid/Ovy and ignore everything else. It's shortsighted, stupid, and insulting to hockey fans. But they'll do it.

I love that the ratings for this Stanley Cup kicked the **** out of prior years - maybe that'll force the league to wake up to the fact that there are other players and other teams to consider.

But I doubt it.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2010, 03:26 PM
Black Ice

It's blindingly obvious that the league should promote more than just two stars. Obvious to everyone except the league, that is. Hopefully the playoff ratings will wake them up.

Black Ice is offline   Reply With Quote