HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Relocation suggestions

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-12-2010, 02:08 PM
  #1
jol
Registered User
 
jol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Miami Beach, Florida
Posts: 1,567
vCash: 500
Relocation suggestions

Surprisingly Miami Herald has following article, although written by some sports network writer:

"Franchises in Phoenix, Atlanta, and Florida are on life support, while there are ownership issues in other regions around the league likely spurned by the recent economic meltdown.

The remedy is simple; find owners who want to purchase these troubled franchises in cities that can sustain them, and move the teams"


Will South Florida support NHL level icehockey and would it have been better if for example Heat and Panthers are sharing arena (it could be either one)

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/06/1...#ixzz0qfQgcGUO

JOL

jol is offline  
Old
06-12-2010, 02:17 PM
  #2
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,045
vCash: 500
It's not GR, and the team isn't going to be moved. No reason to make a thread like this.

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is offline  
Old
06-12-2010, 02:21 PM
  #3
SouthFLFan79
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,060
vCash: 500
nhl would owe a fortune if they break their contract after a new stadium

how about not being the worst professional sports team in south florida history to draw some fans actually? Not missing the playoffs for a decade. That might help with getting that season ticket holders fanbase back.

If this team is good it has drawn and will draw very good.

SouthFLFan79 is offline  
Old
06-12-2010, 02:26 PM
  #4
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!
 
AwesomePanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Norway
Posts: 8,617
vCash: 500
You almost gave me an heartattack..

AwesomePanthers is offline  
Old
06-12-2010, 02:37 PM
  #5
handbanana
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
handbanana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 9,265
vCash: 500
Ffs...

handbanana is offline  
Old
06-12-2010, 02:39 PM
  #6
angry_treefrog
Moderator
T63813A
 
angry_treefrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canary Islands
Posts: 6,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jol View Post
Surprisingly Miami Herald has following article, although written by some sports network writer:

"Franchises in Phoenix, Atlanta, and Florida are on life support, while there are ownership issues in other regions around the league likely spurned by the recent economic meltdown.

The remedy is simple; find owners who want to purchase these troubled franchises in cities that can sustain them, and move the teams"


Will South Florida support NHL level icehockey and would it have been better if for example Heat and Panthers are sharing arena (it could be either one)

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/06/1...#ixzz0qfQgcGUO

JOL
This isn't an article in the Miami Herald.

It's a link to a poorly written article on a website noone has heard about.

In other words, don't waste your time reading it.

angry_treefrog is offline  
Old
06-12-2010, 03:33 PM
  #7
jol
Registered User
 
jol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Miami Beach, Florida
Posts: 1,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthFLFan79 View Post
nhl would owe a fortune if they break their contract after a new stadium
Not saying that there will be a relocation, but how much it would cost to break the lease? As much as in Phoenix?

JOL

jol is offline  
Old
06-12-2010, 04:03 PM
  #8
panthersfan751
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jol View Post
Not saying that there will be a relocation, but how much it would cost to break the lease? As much as in Phoenix?

JOL
I believe it was a 30 year lease signed in 1998 so there should be 18 years left. So it would probably cost hundreds of millions of dollars to break the lease and move the team, especially with the Panthers just getting a loan from the county.

Regardless, the fanbase or the location isn't the problem. The quality of the team is the problem.

panthersfan751 is offline  
Old
06-12-2010, 04:15 PM
  #9
FinallyWeissIsGone
Formerly Akgoalie7
 
FinallyWeissIsGone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Flori-duh
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,052
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FinallyWeissIsGone
Hell, i wouldn't mind sportin a Jets, Nordiques, or a Whalers jersey.


Can't stand to watch what product we have now so it wouldn't make a difference to me.



FinallyWeissIsGone is offline  
Old
06-12-2010, 04:32 PM
  #10
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Mogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 9,947
vCash: 813
Why even start this useless thread. Please delete

Mogo is offline  
Old
06-12-2010, 04:43 PM
  #11
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,045
vCash: 500
Relocation ideas...keep the team located here.

Laus723 is offline  
Old
06-12-2010, 04:52 PM
  #12
pb1300
BLEED RED
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,639
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersfan751 View Post
I believe it was a 30 year lease signed in 1998 so there should be 18 years left. So it would probably cost hundreds of millions of dollars to break the lease and move the team, especially with the Panthers just getting a loan from the county.

Regardless, the fanbase or the location isn't the problem. The quality of the team is the problem.
Add another year to the lease. From my understanding, with the adjustment they city made to SSE, it added an additional year to the lease.

pb1300 is offline  
Old
06-12-2010, 07:29 PM
  #13
Acadmus
Moderator
 
Acadmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 15,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
This isn't an article in the Miami Herald.

It's a link to a poorly written article on a website noone has heard about.

In other words, don't waste your time reading it.
It's linked on the Herald's website because it's "wire news" - so don't blame jol. Still, the importance/credibility of the writer is now exposed as nil, so I'm killing this thread. Not a discussion real Panther fans need to have.

__________________
"...and ultimately it doesn't matter."
Acadmus is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.