HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The best Comrie proposal!

Closed Thread

Old
09-30-2003, 02:04 PM
krooky

vCash: 500
The best Comrie proposal!

How about all the stupid fans who are running Comrie out of town like every other emerging star that comes through here just shut up and hope he stays with the Oil. You all loved him 2 years ago when he was scoring 30+ goals and lighting up the Younstars game. Now he has a slump last year, which was simply because he had a broken thumb, and eveyone wants him traded now. I'm tired of these stupid bandwagon jumping fans sometimes dictating what is done with certain players. He is going to be coming into his own as an elite offensive center and you'll all love him when he's filling the net again so I for one hope they hammer out a deal and he's in Edmonton for years to come. Same goes for all the Salo bandwagon bashers.

Old
09-30-2003, 02:12 PM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

Hey, I'm all for keeping Comrie. Trading him would be the last resort if I was the GM.
The thing is, I don't think Lowe is the reason why a deal isn't made yet. I think the fishbowl theory that many publications have suggested makes a lot of sense. He's probably tired of being put in the spotlight all the time and wants out...He's the one that wants to be traded. Not us. We're just trying to make the best out of an inevitable situation.

Old
09-30-2003, 02:23 PM
elphy101

I like Comrie as well. I have been defending him most of the offseason when most Oilfans have been out for his blood. But this holdout has me changing my mind.

Comrie has no leverage and yet he is still unwilling to sign with the Oiler's. Imagine what Comrie will be like when he gets leverage I.E Arbitration Rights.

But most importantly, the one thing that has me starting to think about dealing him is that. He has not come out and said he wants to stay in Edmonton. When other players such as Smyth, Niinimaa, Moreau are asked. They have comeout quite clearly and said Edmonton is where I want to play. Comrie has not said that.

My last argument is looking at the lines posted. I think this Oilers squad is good enough to make the playoffs and do well if Isbister and Dvorak meet expections. Maybe now is the time to deal Comrie. But if we do, Kevin Lowe had better be getting a stud back. The Oilers need a future superstar to go with Hemsky, Brewer and Semenov. I think a package of Rita and Comrie could net that type of player.

Old
09-30-2003, 02:41 PM
copper_blue

I agree.......

I completely agree with you about Comrie, he is a keeper. But if he wants out, then I hope K-Lowe can get equal value for him in a trade.

copper_blue

Old
09-30-2003, 02:43 PM
Master Lok

I want Comrie to stay. If he doesn't want to stay in Edmonton.... too bad. he stays and plays. I don't have a problem with MC holding out, its not like he signed a contract and then held out for more money. He is without a contract and is awaiting an offer that he wishes to sign. For the amount of money that they make, I consider hockey players to be professional about ... their profession (sigh...). MC knows his rights are owned by the Oilers, hence he should expect to play for the Oilers when he signs his contract. If he doesn't wish to play for the Oil, too bad, show up to work like everyone else with a normal job.

Old
09-30-2003, 02:45 PM
Lowetide

I don't think the fans have played a role in this scenario at all. Comrie is sticking bu his guns, Lowe by his, and we're all talking about it. I don't read malice in all these threads. Frustration maybe, but I don't think I can name one poster who wants Comrie out of here, if the deal is within budget.

Old
09-30-2003, 04:08 PM
hackey
You're Not Bored...

This Comrie thing hanging over the Oilers head is too much of a distraction going into the season. Lowe should have done something during the summer but now it's a big nuisance. Sure on ice a younger player can fit into his slot, but everyday the entire team is going to hear the media rag on and on about whats going on with Comrie. Especially if the Oil stumble out of the gate. It's not about the money anymore.
This situation is similar to what happened in Vancouver with Bure. It became such an issue that it was a huge distraction on the ice. Arguebly(sp), a GM (Quinn) lost his job over it because he is as stubborn as they come and he stuck by his guns and he just let him sit. Could potentially be the same situation here.
Ahhhh.....big boys + their big egos =

There's been almost every trade situation on these boards regarding Comrie over the past few weeks, so I will add another one:
How about.... Comrie for Joesph

Old
09-30-2003, 04:30 PM
Asiaoil

Sure it would be nice to have MC stay and be our #2 center for years - but it doesn't appear that this is what Comrie wants. My own theory is that MC does not like being 2nd banana (he's been "the man" everywhere else he's played) and he would certainly be that in Edmonton with the emergance of Hemsky. Just a theory of mine without any real backup other than a bit of hearsay - but I get the impression that MC and Hemmer have had almost nothing to do with each other.

Old
09-30-2003, 04:48 PM
jofa

I've never liked the guy from day one. Can I still try to run him out of town?

Old
09-30-2003, 05:06 PM
Mr Sakich

real interesting comment pendergast said today in an interview with a vancouver station - lowe and winter talk every day and mike is getting antsy. Could this time away from his team change his mind about playing for the oilers?

Closed Thread